.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 16th, 2016, 07:35 PM

Captain

Location: I ain't in Kansas anymore, just north of where Dorothy clicked her heels is where you'll find me.
shahadi is on a distinguished road
Post The Next World War

In our game we are missing an increasingly urgent aspect of the next major clash between peer armies, and I do not intend to talk about nuclear, but cyberspace warfare.

We've talked about jamming and other tank defense systems, but imagine if the scope of the attack affected comms, brought down navigation systems, and shutdown electronic fire systems akin to a battlefield EMP attack.

Infantry companies not knowing where they are, drones grounded, fire guidance systems retarded. Then ships, planes, and ground combat groups cannot communicate with each other.

The armed services have to teach basic celestial (sea & sky) and land navigation else risk units not being able to coordinate with each other.

A country with a highly skilled IT force, then could mount credible opposition to a dominant power, even rising from near-peer to peer status.

Tehran taking control of a US drone in December of 2011 comes to mind of a near-peer exhibiting peer characteristics viz cyberspace war fighting.

It would be interesting to mod a scenario reflecting the impact of cyber war in our game.

As an example, game visibility reduced to showing only what an individual unit can see, no other red units visible on the map.