winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Old March 29th, 2019, 04:45 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: what version is CD

If you have an original version 1 CD then you have to patch that up to version 5 with the correct patch off the Shrapnel WinSPWW2 page.
winSPWW2 Consolidation Patch

However - in order to do that, you will first have to install version 1 to the correct folder structure used by the patches since windows 7 messed up the usual folders. The version 1 installer will still be pointing into the windows folder used before windows 7.

This is all covered in the Game Installation section of the Game Guide:

Quote:
Windows Vista or Windows 7 installation

If you are running the game under Vista or Windows 7, install the game to a separate Games folder (directory), DO NOT install the game in the default Program Files folder (Vista or Windows 7 only -XP and earlier it is OK to install under Program Files). However you will need to remember this new path when installing any patches.

This new folder must be outside the “Program Files” hierarchy, in order to avoid Vista and later operating system’s attempts to “manage” the game files in what it considers to be a “system” area.

The simplest way to do this would be to edit the default installation location line the installer uses by removing \Program files, so change this...

C:\Program Files\Shrapnel Games\The Camo Workshop\WinSPWW2

to this...

C:\Shrapnel Games\The Camo Workshop\WinSPWW2

However, you may be happier with something like

C:\Games\WinSPWW2

Use Windows Explorer to create this before running the installer, or the appropriate ‘make new folder’ control in the installer’s navigation screen, as you prefer.
(Note that I have bolded the bit you will have to change in the file path of the version 1 installer in the above quote)

then apply the next 2 patches
1)winSPWW2 V9b Consolidation Upgrade (2016)
2)winSPWW2 V11 Upgrade (2018)
in that order

The latest CD (and DL) main versions start at version 5 (IIRC) and have the recommended file paths. For your new CD version simply apply the last 2 patches:
1)winSPWW2 V9b Consolidation Upgrade (2016)
2)winSPWW2 V11 Upgrade (2018)
in that order
Old March 29th, 2019, 04:58 AM

Private

prinzeugen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by anlubue View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by prinzeugen View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by anlubue View Post
He is back!

@prinzeugen If you do not stop such postings, the developers will eventually get hypertension?
waß soll daß Bedeuten?
Oje, wie soll ich mich denn da jetzt herauswinden? Es bedeutet, dass ich mir nicht vorstellen kann, dass deine Fragen ernst gemeint sind. Immerhin habe ich ja deine vorherigen Posts gelesen. Es bedeutete, dass ich davon ausgehe, dass du nur hier bist um dir nen Jux mit den Entwickern zu machen. Bisher war ja alles irgendwie nur Rant-O-Rama?

Falls du aber wirklich Probleme hast und das jetzt kein Unsinn von dir ist, dann helfe ich dir gerne per E-Mail oder Telefon oder sonstwie durch die Installation. Wenn ich das nämlich installieren kann, dann kann das jeder andere besser. Ausserdem würde ich dann noch ne Entschuldigung drauf packen wegen Gemeinheiten und Lachens ohne Grund. Da kannst Du mir dann jederzeit eine PM senden.

Because of your last question, the e-shop describes it as
winSPWW2 v.10.01
Version: Windows Safe Box

When the game is started, you can see your version number as shown on the attached picture. (The red rimmed)
Zuallererst, Danke für ihr Antwort. Nichts hier ist "Rant-o-drama". Secondly, If anything, the Developers should be thanking me... Why would I spend close to $50 US on a game I already have, just to "rant" about it. I've asked some really simple questions on this post that no one seems to understand or to be able to answer in any language. Again, the reason I purchased a new CD is because the e-shop describes it as
winSPWW2 v.10.01... the old version I have is Ver. 1.0. I just wanted to confirm the information is correct and not a typo and that the patch path from new CD is version 11 plus. Lastly, the only reason I'm posting here is because customer support said they could not answer these simple questions...
Old March 29th, 2019, 06:25 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Re: what version is CD

The last CD version of winSPww2 I created for Shrapnel was in 2017 and is ver 10.01.

All the info I have indicates that is the version they ship as the actual CD and as the CD download. If 10.01 is the version they say it is then that is what it should be.

So, once you get that CD and install it in the default path set up for ver 10.01 and then once this new patch is released next week all you need to do is install it into the same place as the CD (as it is set up to do) and it will patch any winSPWW2 ver 9.0 and up to ver 12 (2019) which covers the Ver 10.01 version of the CD

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old March 29th, 2019, 10:25 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Further to my post #13.

TO ALL.....

IDK how this will work for everyone else but I use Chrome as my browser and becasue it finds German Text on this page it will translate it then ask if you want to see the original....if that happens to you ask to see the original because although I do not know for sure how well it translates German into English I DO KNOW it does NOT do a very good job of translating English into English and the English-English "translated" versions are a garbled mess as a result and this post is no exception.

and also....to prinzeugen

Yes, you are correct whoever you contacted at Shrapnel Customer service should have been able to confirm what version number they were shipping. BUT....Shrapnel is in the middle of moving their offices this week which is why the patch is delayed until at least Tuesday and why perhaps the person you were dealing with couldn't give you the full details of the CD version of the game that is currently being shipped.

So...the patch that will be issued next week is the only one you need to upgrade the winSPWW2 v.10.01 to the 2019 standard and they are both set up to go into the same folders and not into Program Files

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....

Last edited by DRG; March 29th, 2019 at 01:26 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old March 29th, 2019, 01:06 PM

Corporal

anlubue is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by prinzeugen View Post
Zuallererst, Danke für ihr Antwort ...
Then I completely misjudged you and must apologize. It was wrong and unnecessary. Good that you call that in my memory and I promise improvement. You know what? I wished the internet would not be so anonymous then everything would be easier because we could see each other. I also wished I where not so impetuous, but I have no one who reads the Levites to me.

As a punishment, I will play Amiens 6/40 now with extra few troops and let me roll over me. Let them roll over me

Last edited by anlubue; March 29th, 2019 at 01:18 PM..