BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Old June 15th, 2017, 05:38 PM

Corporal

Warnevada is on a distinguished road
Default Casualty Score

Take a look at the attached final save for a scenario. I can't reconcile the vehicle losses for the Germans against what I see in the roster. The summary shows three AFV losses but the roster only shows two; the summary shows two artillery losses but the roster shows three. What am I missing?
Attached Files
File Type: zip Fr_Ger_final.zip (122.6 KB, 76 views)
Old June 15th, 2017, 07:17 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Casualty Score

A mystery. The J2 pak unit cannot be found on the map so IDK where it is and it looks like the game may be just as confused about that as I am but the third "AFV" is the Kubelwagen VB...FO vehicles count as AFV's

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old June 16th, 2017, 08:23 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Yep - there are some OOBs that have trucks as an APC class as well, so any such will come in the APC count, not the soft vehicle count. The tallies are done on unit class, not what something "looks like" - an APC U/Class based truck is thus an APC to the tally routine, and not a "softskin".

Personally - I never bother with the summary results. All I care about is the final credited score, and dont really care if it was from 24 tanks and 32 APC, or whatever. I already knew that from playing the game!
Old June 16th, 2017, 03:02 PM

Corporal

Warnevada is on a distinguished road

Generally, the scores aren't close and I just use the summary for an overview. But in this case the margin is only a few points and the result surprised both my opponent and me, so I decided to do an audit. What I saw surprised me more, but not as much as that a Kubelwagen is an AFV.

The missing ATG may indicate a game problem. It disappeared early, third or fourth turn. I was playing the French so I only saw what was on the replay. The replay misses showing a lot of messages so it frequently looks like units just disappear. Most end up eliminated but some do a pull-back. In this instance there was a lot of smoke in the area so I assumed it pulled back since I didn't see the destroyed gun, but when I occupied that location and the area around it I saw no trace of it and later encountered the other two.