Lieutenant Colonel

Location: Hellas->Macedonia->Thessaloniki->City Center->noisy neighbourhood
Wdll is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Minor issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdll View Post
Here is a minor issue I have. Yes it is minor but it does exist for me.

I was used to seeing white, yellow, green color in the unit info text, for the vision of the unit. Now for some reason all Load Cost have colors too. Annoying as it is right below View and I have to pay more attention to it. (depending on the type of unit)

Then I guess you need to pay more attention now then.

It is beyond my comprehension how showing load cost in green is in any way a problem for anyone but apparently, you are making it one but it's not going to change

EDIT..... Vision is only ever white or Yellow, never green so what's the problem ?
You are certainly in a good mood.
Vision is only ever in white or yellow and never green? I seem to remember being green when it is 50 or higher.
Perhaps I am color blind after all these years.
Old July 20th, 2018, 02:30 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,422 Times in 2,694 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Yes, it does turn green at 50 I overlooked that point as none of the units I checked had 50....the point remains..... how does this get to be a problem for you?.....it doesn't bother me at all I look at this and... think , OK 50 vision and load of 50.

what is the problem??

one line is for TI/GSR and the other load cost I still don't know how that can be an issue for anyone
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image23.png
Views:	165
Size:	11.6 KB
ID:	15481  

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old July 20th, 2018, 03:08 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Yes, it does turn green at 50 I overlooked that point as none of the units I checked had 50....the point remains..... how does this get to be a problem for you?.....it doesn't bother me at all I look at this and... think , OK 50 vision and load of 50.

what is the problem??

one line is for TI/GSR and the other load cost I still don't know how that can be an issue for anyone
Which is why it is a minor problem and not something affecting everyone.

The problem for me is that where I would normally glance over there to check the view, now the green is always there so I always have to check more carefully.
BTW, out of curiosity, why is the load line now always green? I mean, why a different color to start with?
Old July 20th, 2018, 03:51 PM

Corporal

Isto is on a distinguished road

Guess its for ppl who travel a lot between the lists in the army building menu. Might open and close it tens of times in a day and sometimes browsing through hundreds of units. When doing that fast its easy when the different color pops to ur eye looking one entry no more than second or two. Its the most looked up statistic when arranging travel groups and in the past i have made a mistake that my troops wont fit to their rides. Never have made that mistake when the load cost is highlighted in each entry.

Actually im not sure was load cost mentioned in the entries back then at all, u just had to suppose it was the same as number of bodies in that unit and sometime it was not.

Yesterday i thought that it would be nice to alter the year inside the army building screen but that would be too much and mix things for some ppl letting them mix units from different timelines. But in yesterday for example, when i was looking through units i think i closed and opened that screen hundreds of times to change the year.

I suppose thats the reason.

Last edited by Isto; July 20th, 2018 at 03:59 PM..
Old July 20th, 2018, 10:16 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
BTW, out of curiosity, why is the load line now always green? I mean, why a different color to start with?
Because that line did not exist prior to 2018.It was made green to bring attention to the info it provides when loading units into other units primarily guns / mortars into transport becasue previous to this change there was no clear way to know ( unless someone actually reads the game guide ) that gun load cost is the weight of the gun PLUS the number of crewmen but that green highlight extends to all units becasue that's the way that code is set up.

V11

V12

so it's not a case of "why is the load line now always green"...... there was no " load cost" line before this year....now there is and it's green
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	V11 -2017-.png
Views:	158
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	15484   Click image for larger version

Name:	V12 -2018-.png
Views:	143
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	15485  

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old July 21st, 2018, 02:17 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Quote:
Because that line did not exist prior to 2018.It was made green to bring attention to the info it provides when loading units into other units primarily guns / mortars into transport becasue previous to this change there was no clear way to know ( unless someone actually reads the game guide ) that gun load cost is the weight of the gun PLUS the number of crewmen but that green highlight extends to all units becasue that's the way that code is set up.

V11

V12

so it's not a case of "why is the load line now always green"...... there was no " load cost" line before this year....now there is and it's green

ok...I still don't like it (color) but fine. Thanks for the reply.

EDIT: To clarify, it's not the addition of the information I don't like, but the use of a color which is used to give emphasis to the information which IMO is not needed (the emphasis) while being right next to other bit of valuable information which can also take the same color depending on its information.
I am glad I clarified it.

Last edited by Wdll; July 21st, 2018 at 02:20 AM.. Reason: adding bit
Old July 21st, 2018, 07:38 AM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road

Not sure but load cost is new think it’s green normally but changes if you try buying a formation with vehicles it won’t load in.
Formation with a choice of several guns and several towing vehicles, not all vehicles can tow all guns, WWll German ATG formation as an example.
Old July 21st, 2018, 08:35 AM

First Lieutenant

zovs66 is on a distinguished road

Well I certainly like the change and the color so thank you!
Old July 21st, 2018, 09:05 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imp View Post
Not sure but load cost is new think it’s green normally but changes if you try buying a formation with vehicles it won’t load in.
Formation with a choice of several guns and several towing vehicles, not all vehicles can tow all guns, WWll German ATG formation as an example.
and that has been fixed so when you purchase only the transports that can carry it will be offered.......BUT, if you are mid game and lost that transport now you know how much capacity you need to move to your gun to get it to where you want it now..previously you had to guess or add it up....more of an issue with Hvy Mortars and guns and ATG's but it adds a bit more info for players to use......but it also proves the old adage "you can't make everyone happy"

Old July 21st, 2018, 10:00 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imp View Post
and that has been fixed so when you purchase only the transports that can carry it will be offered.......BUT, if you are mid game and lost that transport now you know how much capacity you need to move to your gun to get it to where you want it now..previously you had to guess or add it up....more of an issue with Hvy Mortars and guns and ATG's but it adds a bit more info for players to use......but it also proves the old adage "you can't make everyone happy"
Just to make something clear. I have no problem with having the information. I rarely use it, but I am fine with it. My issue is with the color, not the info. The green color in that part of that "screen" was till now just the color that you could easily and quickly see if the vision of the unit was at least 50.