.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

View Poll Results: How interested in creating
Not interested stick to playing the game 0 0%
Willing to play test for balance & problems with AI control 2 28.57%
Willing to do maps but no time to learn setup 4 57.14%
Interested if could learn the basics in 10 hours 1 14.29%
Interested if could learn the basics in 20 hours 2 28.57%
Other please specify 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 17th, 2009, 12:30 AM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road
Default Scenario creation Poll

If there was clear documentation on creating Scenarios Campaigns how interested would you be in having a go at it.
Please be honest & bear in mind even if you know what you are doing this will take a big chunk of your time as it will still probably be slightly hit & miss. You have to build maps buy deploy set waypoints & test test test.
You are not going to get a result in an afternoon requires some commitment on your behalf.
Old April 17th, 2009, 10:40 AM

Major

Double_Deuce is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Scenario creation Poll

I used to like to think I was a decent mapmaker till I saw Marek's work. Now, I feel so inferior.

What is the intent of the poll? Are you looking to assemble some designers for a project? I know there are very few who would ever be willing to jump into the design process out there which is why I would like to see another group effort on a project like the ANZAC Campaign. Just assemble some map makers, designers and playtesters and have at it where everyone works on the scenarios based on their design strengths.
Old April 17th, 2009, 11:15 AM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road

As for myself I'm still neck deep (and probably over my head) in my own "work" (that by now most must think is more myth then fact) on the USMC OOB.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Old April 17th, 2009, 02:25 PM

General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double_Deuce View Post
I used to like to think I was a decent mapmaker till I saw Marek's work. Now, I feel so inferior.

What is the intent of the poll? Are you looking to assemble some designers for a project? I know there are very few who would ever be willing to jump into the design process out there which is why I would like to see another group effort on a project like the ANZAC Campaign. Just assemble some map makers, designers and playtesters and have at it where everyone works on the scenarios based on their design strengths.
Agree love his maps wish I could do to the same standard they really add something to the game. There are a few other good map makers out there to.

To early for me to get involved in a project I would be more of a hinderance than help.
Did think it was worth a feeler to see if people would be intreasted in at least helping with testing maps etc to get a general feel for intrest which seems to be low.
Does not really surprise me.
I am learning stuff from my other post & if intrest was shown would at least do a blow by blow on the best way to start.
As in think small
Buy both sides
Blah blah
But takes time to put out in clear format rather than for own use so unless intrest was shown won't bother.

Said in the other post but yes the ANZAC project was something else me I am just playing by comparison.
Old April 21st, 2009, 10:41 AM

First Lieutenant

Xrati is on a distinguished road
Confused Re: Scenario creation Poll

Hi all, came here from a link in SPWW2 thread. I love to do maps and create scenarios and campaigns. I don't have that much background on SPMBT and SPWW2, but I have just ordered SPWW2 and have been playing and designing maps on SPWaW ( now on ver 8.04) for many years. Maybe someone here could explain the compatability of all of these games. I understand that they are basically the same, using files (.shp) between them.

Sorry if this isn't the proper place for this question.
Old April 21st, 2009, 01:35 PM

General

Quote:
Maybe someone here could explain the compatability of all of these games. I understand that they are basically the same, using files (.shp) between them
Maps will not be compatable more than a case of diffrent hex tiles.
Old April 21st, 2009, 02:14 PM

First Lieutenant

Xrati is on a distinguished road
Question Re: Scenario creation Poll

Well, I guess I'll just have to start from scratch or see if there's a way to import files into the game. Do Fred Chlanda's (SPWaW) editors work on SPWW2 maps? AND are the MBT maps compatabile with the WW2 maps?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'll be waiting a few days for the game to arrive. I just thought I'd try to get a 'head start' on things until it gets here.
Old April 21st, 2009, 02:42 PM

Sergeant

Lt. Ketch is on a distinguished road

While I am interested in creating maps, scenarios and even campaigns, I don't feel like I have the time to do it all, let alone learn all the tricks of the trade. I'm also fairly new to a lot of the game and have only started reacently (last week) to branch out of AI games and generated battles into more user stuff and so feel like I have a ways to go.

Howard Tayer
Old April 21st, 2009, 03:14 PM

Captain

Skirmisher is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrati View Post
AND are the MBT maps compatabile with the WW2 maps?

Yes
Old April 21st, 2009, 03:21 PM

General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrati View Post
Well, I guess I'll just have to start from scratch or see if there's a way to import files into the game. Do Fred Chlanda's (SPWaW) editors work on SPWW2 maps? AND are the MBT maps compatabile with the WW2 maps?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'll be waiting a few days for the game to arrive. I just thought I'd try to get a 'head start' on things until it gets here.

The answer to all is yes
Fred Chlandas does work I believe there is a version out there.
MBT & WW2 fundamently the same game maps are interchangable
Worth having a long play with the map generator can do some quite effective stuff & welcome to 160x 200 maps with multi elevations 13 I think. No walls before you ask worth a quick look at the guide explaining sticking/bog chance of terrain. (help tab on splash screen)
Namely rough mud swamp soft sand streams fords buildings snow drift,driving through slowly is the order of the day & sticking is class dependant. 2 wheel trucks to track worst > best

There are also posts on gameplay diffrences between the WAW & camo games plus several good map threads try a search
The Following User Says Thank You to Imp For This Useful Post: