.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old May 4th, 2010, 08:37 PM

General

rdonj is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Welcome home noobs. Click here!

I was joking with you, in case that wasn't clear
"Easy-slay(TM) is a whole new way of marketing violence. It cuts down on all the red tape and just butchers people. As a long-time savagery enthusiast myself, I'm very excited about the synergies that the easy-slay(TM) approach brings to the entire enterprise." -Dr DrP
Old May 4th, 2010, 09:25 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

GrudgeBringer is an unknown quantity at this point

Actually, I just finished the last NvV game and it had it's share of arguments, rollbacks, bickering, NUMEROUS comings and goings of players, and a failed ending (from my perspective).

However, I was under chrispederson's EXPERT leadership. I have never played against him so his expertise as a player I can't answer for other than what I saw in this one particular game.

But the guy KNOWS this game, inside and out, front to back, and has strategies that only fail because either you let him down (as a team) or the other team makes a Sun Szu like move.

You want to learn this game, play with chris as your captain. He will push you, make you scream, and you wonder what he is doing...but once you catch on, your mouth will drop(Of course we also had Squirrelloid on our team who also is very, very good).

I am NOT saying the other captains where not great. I am only saying that from my experience you could do a LOT worse than play with chris as your captain (and yes using lower case for his name is the way he uses it).

I have played in 2 of these games. And for me other than the learning experiance I got watching good players, two was more than enough for me.
Old May 4th, 2010, 10:04 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

Personally I was impressed with ChrisP in that game for his management skills.
He quickly came up with procedures and coordinating policies. And he was right on top of problems.
Im not saying that I think all team captains should operate that way. Its definitely not my style.
But what he did, he did well. I couldnt fault that.