.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old May 19th, 2007, 03:28 PM

Corporal

ologm is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Probem on the Army Set-up screen

Another replay inconsistency: In the battle in C'Tis the only siege golem gets killed, after battle it is still alive.
Also commander with winterbringer loses an eye in battle, but after battle has his eye back.
Old May 19th, 2007, 06:56 PM

General

vfb is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Strange Transformations

Quote:
lch said:
ologm, are you using a Mac, and the host Linux or Windows? Then you're not the only one who has replay inconsistency.
I'm using Linux, host is Linux too (Gandalf's server). An Arch Devil of mine got his tail chopped off in a battle replay, but when I look at him on the main screen, it grew back (no more missing tail). He has regeneration, but does not cure afflictions.
Whether he submitted the post, or whether he did not, made no difference. The Thought Police would get him just the same. He had committed— would still have committed, even if he had never set pen to paper— the essential crime that contained all others in itself. Thoughtcrime, they called it. Thoughtcrime was not a thing that could be concealed forever.
http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?
Old May 20th, 2007, 01:14 PM

National Security Advisor

Edi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Igni said:
I'm playing on a Mac iBook. When I'm in the Army Setup screen, sometimes when I double-click on troops, it crashes me out the game and I'm looking at the desktop.

I've been encountering it over and over again as I try to identify wounded troops by clicking one one of them and hitting 'w'. That part works fine. Shortly thereafter when I'm trying to deselect someone is when it crashes.

Is this a known problem? Thank you in advance to everyone for your help and thank you to Ilwinter for such an addictive game.
I took a closer look at the Dom3 Progress page at Illwinter's web site and it has an entry that says there is a problem with the game sometimes crashing on Mac when you use shift-click to select units and that the problem will be fixed in the next patch. If your problem is related to that, it is possible that it will disappear with the next patch, but don't take that as a guarantee.
Old May 20th, 2007, 09:48 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Lazy_Perfectionist is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Bug thread

Hmmm... I just randomly generated a map with no way out of my starting province. When I press eight to display the connections, theres none at all between my capital and any of the surrounding land. Should I upload the map, and if so, where is it located?
Old May 21st, 2007, 02:42 AM

National Security Advisor

Edi is on a distinguished road

The map file and the graphic are located in the maps folder. There are some issues with the RMG, but this is the first I've heard of a province with no neighbors at all.
Old May 21st, 2007, 04:21 AM

Major

Micah is on a distinguished road

I've got one of those in one game I'm playing, took it over with a remote attack spell (of course I can't get the troops out, but I think it's paying enough for upkeep...) Luckily it didn't contain anyone's capital.
Old May 21st, 2007, 05:34 AM

General

lch is on a distinguished road

When using the random map generator myself I noticed that there always seems one province that doesn't have any neighbor nodes. It only inherits those connections from the nodes pointing to it, but usually lacks some that probably would have to originate from it. Never had time to investigate closely, but I agree that there's definitely something odd.
Emergency comic relief
Old May 21st, 2007, 10:39 AM

Private

Ska is on a distinguished road
Default Update To Version 3.08 Of Dominions 3 Today!

Hello everyone! -my english is bad sorry-

I'm a new dominions player great game !

But have too some problem with the patch 3.08 !
I've installed it and since that the game "not responding" when I want go to the next turn (game is bloked on the loading windows between two turn)

I don't understand, don't use any crak, please tell me if you know the problem.

My computer is monocore 3200+ 6600gt 1go ddr2 dx9d and relatively recent drivers nvidia on windows xp sp2.
Thanks a lot !

I remember an error message told me which there was a problem with the army files (have seen this message error only onetime) (and after re-installation there's the same prob)

Post moved fromn patch thread ~Edi
Old May 21st, 2007, 10:52 AM

Private

Capt_Jack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Edi said:
Quote:
Igni said:
I'm playing on a Mac iBook. When I'm in the Army Setup screen, sometimes when I double-click on troops, it crashes me out the game and I'm looking at the desktop.

I've been encountering it over and over again as I try to identify wounded troops by clicking one one of them and hitting 'w'. That part works fine. Shortly thereafter when I'm trying to deselect someone is when it crashes.

Is this a known problem? Thank you in advance to everyone for your help and thank you to Ilwinter for such an addictive game.
I took a closer look at the Dom3 Progress page at Illwinter's web site and it has an entry that says there is a problem with the game sometimes crashing on Mac when you use shift-click to select units and that the problem will be fixed in the next patch. If your problem is related to that, it is possible that it will disappear with the next patch, but don't take that as a guarantee.
I was able to confirm the bug on 2 different Mac's today. Click on a troop in the troop setup and select w will give you the wounded. Click on the highlighted troop and Dom3 will close down. It happens in any case of Multiple highlighted troops and another click. The crashlog for Dom3 does not show this as a crash. The game in play does not show any changes when restarted i.e. nothing was written to the file.
Old May 21st, 2007, 12:43 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Lazy_Perfectionist is on a distinguished road

Turns out the RMGs are in the save folder. There were several broken provinces in this game, not just the one. The northern landmass, for instance, and some of the lower ones have some funny connections.

Can the random map generator be interfered with by other running processes? While the map was going up I was running uTorrent, resident protection AVG antivirus free edition, windowsblinds, watching an avi, browsing the internet and so forth. If that's the origin of the problem, it'll be easy enough to replicate and avoid. I hadn't noticed such random map problems when all I did was wait for randomization.

I'm uploading the savegame folder in the 7z archive format because its a free format with about 40% savings. I can up it as a zip file to, and probably will edit it in after uploading finishes.

The file can be found at rapidshare.
Save game in 7z
Save game in zip