.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old September 29th, 2018, 03:14 AM

Captain

Location: I ain't in Kansas anymore, just north of where Dorothy clicked her heels is where you'll find me.
shahadi is on a distinguished road
Post USMC Alpha Co 1/6 Marjeh 1200Hrs

This scenario continues from the initial Alpha 1/6 vertical assault scenario (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=51224.) In that scenario, Alpha 1/6 seizes and controls the objective areas: Objective Beyonce, the "alsuuq al markawz", Objective Jay-Z and the stores and warehouses in the AO. This scenario is a resumption of the operation at 1200hrs.

USMC Alpha Co 1/6 Marjeh 1200Hrs

Location: Marjeh, Helmand Province, Afghanistan (310 31'16" N, 640 7'7" E)

Battle Type: USMC assault (UO) vs Taliban defend
Date: September 2009
Designed by: shahadi
Design Date: 2018/09/13

Background

In support of Operation Enduring Freedom Afghanistan (OEF-A), Alpha Company 1st Battalion 6th Marines, 22 MEU participated in the sweep of Marjeh, a Taliban controlled town in Helmand Province, Afghanistan in April 2009 (In this scenario, the operation takes place in September of 2009). This is a semi-historical scenario.

SITUATION

SITREP 2009/09 1200hrs

Although there remains scattered elements of Taliban forces in the area, Alpha company has seized the Objective Beyonce, the "alsuuq al markawz" and Objective Jay-Z the stores and warehouses. Now, at 1200hrs, Captain Taniguchi, Alpha Co will conduct a "mop up" operation to push the remaining Taliban fighters out of contact.

Ground Combat Element

Alpha Co 1/6 Marines "Apache" Camp Lejeune, North Carolina USA
Total Men: 173

Alpha 1/6 Strength as of 12:00hrs

HQ Alpha-- 1/6 - 37 - 39 - 94.87%
1 PL Alpha 1/6 - 38 - 55 - 69.09%
2 PL Alpha 1/6 - 47 - 55 - 85.45%
3 PL Alpha 1/6 - 51 - 55 - 92.73%
Total Strength -------------84.80%

Aviation Combat Element

1 x AH-1W Super Cobra x2 HMLA-167 "Warriors" MCAS New River, Jacksonville, NC crew of 2

1 x UAV Shadow x1 VMU-2 "Night Owls" MCAS Cherry Point, NC crew of 1

A. ENEMY FORCES

The number of remaining Taliban fighters is unknown.

B. MISSION

Alpha Company 1/6 Marines "Apaches" conducts mop up operations after securing Objective Beyonce, the "alsuuq al markawz" and Objective Jay-Z the stores and warehouses in the AO to provide freedom of movement.

C. EXECUTION

Commander's Intent: NLT 12:00 hours, Alpha 1/6 will commence actions to clear the AO of Taliban fighters. 2nd Lt Richardson's 3rd platoon to push the Taliban out of the area bounded north by the irrigation canal, east to the dirt road, south to the Arden Gate, and west to Compound 50.`Taniguchi's 1st platoon will establish perimeter defense extending south from the Arden Gate ,through the Central Market, to Compound 70, west to the compounds adjacent to the grass fields, and east to the dirt road. His 2nd platoon will establish perimeter defense at Compound 80 extending west to the grass fields and east to the dirt road. He has tasked his Engineers to clear the AO of mines, booby traps, and IEDs.

D. CONCEPT OF THE OPERATION

1. Maneuver: This is an Urban Operation (UO) conducted to clear the AO of any remaining Taliban forces.

2. Fires: No in-direct fires are available.

3. Close Air Support: A Super Cobra x2 HMLA-167 "Warriors" from MCAS New River, Jacksonville will provide CAS as directed by Taniguchi using canon and rocket fire.

E. COMMAND/SIGNAL

Captain Gary Taniguchi, CO Alpha Company 1st Btn 6th Marines is the mission CIC.

Gameplay: 20 turns

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 640px-1st_Battalion_3rd_Marines_near_Marja.jpg (88.1 KB, 941 views)
File Type: jpg USMC Alpha 1-6 Orders 1200hrs_600px.jpg (81.7 KB, 969 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip USMC_Alpha_1-6_Marjeh-1200hrs.zip (77.5 KB, 423 views)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to shahadi For This Useful Post:
Old October 22nd, 2018, 02:58 PM

Major

Thanked 1,053 Times in 619 Posts
RetLT is on a distinguished road
Default Re: USMC Alpha Co 1/6 Marjeh 1200Hrs

Some quick questions:

1. Unit O0 Super Cobra starts the game grey out (off map). Is the intentional?

2. The air strikes and choppers are set to arrive on turn 50 but the game is only 30 turns long. Are these to keep the game from ending earlier?
The Following User Says Thank You to RetLT For This Useful Post:
Old October 22nd, 2018, 10:36 PM

Captain

Location: I ain't in Kansas anymore, just north of where Dorothy clicked her heels is where you'll find me.
Post Re: USMC Alpha Co 1/6 Marjeh 1200Hrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetLT View Post
Some quick questions:

1. Unit O0 Super Cobra starts the game grey out (off map). Is the intentional?

2. The air strikes and choppers are set to arrive on turn 50 but the game is only 30 turns long. Are these to keep the game from ending earlier?
Okay Lt, yeah the Cobra is grayed out intentionally. In this mission only 2nd Lt. Jill Baker's bird is supporting Alpha Co. I set the reinforcement turn higher than the scenario turn so that those units would never enter the scenario, while at the same keeping the unit/formation assignments intact.

This scenario is a continuation of a battle fought earlier in the day, hence no reinforcements and units have what ammo is remaining. A few design decisions I made like taking air strikes and one Cobra off active. I intend to use the scenrio again as Alpha gets additional missions to clear Marjeh.

The Following User Says Thank You to shahadi For This Useful Post:
Old October 22nd, 2018, 11:57 PM

Major

Thanked 1,053 Times in 619 Posts
RetLT is on a distinguished road

That would explain why some of the units have kills.

The Taliban snipers have 12.7 mm AAMGs as their primary weapon. What was the reasoning behind that? They seem a bit heavy for one man to operate.
The Following User Says Thank You to RetLT For This Useful Post:
Old October 23rd, 2018, 12:46 AM

Captain

Quote:

The Taliban snipers have 12.7 mm AAMGs as their primary weapon. What was the reasoning behind that? They seem a bit heavy for one man to operate.
Yes, agreed...they should be crewed weapons maybe 3 or 4 guys. The sniper class units seem to have pretty acurate fire, so I wanted a weapon to credibly threaten the Cobras.

Old October 23rd, 2018, 02:36 AM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahadi View Post
Yes, agreed...they should be crewed weapons maybe 3 or 4 guys. The sniper class units seem to have pretty acurate fire, so I wanted a weapon to credibly threaten the Cobras.
You could also just make the AAMG teams elite.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
The Following User Says Thank You to Suhiir For This Useful Post:
Old October 23rd, 2018, 05:05 PM

Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suhiir View Post
Quote:
I suppose so

Old February 9th, 2019, 11:30 PM

Captain

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suhiir View Post
Quote:
Thanks for the insights, as a result, I have returned the sniper units their sniper rifles in this scenario and in the initial one, USMC Alpha Co 1/6 Marjeh 09/2009.