.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Old May 8th, 2009, 07:26 AM

Lieutenant General

Aezeal is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Faerun 466 - Adventure Map! (UPDATED!)

Yeah well I play very zoomed out cus graphs and dom 3 do not really combine anyway and I just want a good strategic/tactical view of the map. My point was just that if you see to much you should zoom in
In for a whole new sort of game? Then try my scenario map Gang Wars.
Old May 13th, 2009, 02:23 AM

First Lieutenant

WingedDog is on a distinguished road

There's something I noticed:
Province 205 borders with province 194 while it shouldn't, and doesn't border with province 204, while it should.
Old May 13th, 2009, 11:01 PM

General

Lingchih is on a distinguished road

All the Faerun provs have their name already imprinted on the map (or, most of them), so there is not much of a reason to play with prov names on.

I occasionally post something useful.
Old May 16th, 2009, 07:33 PM

Sergeant

shard is on a distinguished road

Thanks Edi for updating the map! Its made me play dom again!

Are the special sites in the heavily guarded locations fixed? I conquered one in sp and it seemed pretty thematic (according to the fiction anyway)
Old May 17th, 2009, 04:13 AM

National Security Advisor

Edi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedDog View Post
There's something I noticed:
Province 205 borders with province 194 while it shouldn't, and doesn't border with province 204, while it should.
Those borders are exactly as they should be. Moray to Corwell is by ship direct line, while Myrloch Vale is something where you need to hump your way over mountains and through forests and generally inaccessible. The Moonshaes are one of the locations where I know my Faerun geography very well indeed and the borders are designed specifically to reflect the in-world situation. It even has the thickened border, indicating there is no connection there.

One more thing: If and when province issues are reported, in addition to province number, put the name in there or something from the map so I know what part of the map to look in.
Old May 17th, 2009, 04:49 AM

First Lieutenant

WingedDog is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edi View Post
Those borders are exactly as they should be. Moray to Corwell is by ship direct line, while Myrloch Vale is something where you need to hump your way over mountains and through forests and generally inaccessible. The Moonshaes are one of the locations where I know my Faerun geography very well indeed and the borders are designed specifically to reflect the in-world situation. It even has the thickened border, indicating there is no connection there.
Ok, it just wasn't that obvious for me. I only wanted to help.

Quote:
One more thing: If and when province issues are reported, in addition to province number, put the name in there or something from the map so I know what part of the map to look in.
Using 'Shift+3' command you may enter the province number and the game would take you there.
Old May 17th, 2009, 05:05 AM

Yup, found that out when I got bored looking around the map and guessing. Not blaming you for anything, but it's working as it should. Some of the things are a little bit counter-intuitive, such as the border between Trollmoors and northern High Forest. It's also intended, because it's essentially just a dash across the road without engaging province defenses on the way.

I learned a lot of stuff from making the Dom2 Faerun maps, one of which was how to deal with the islands. This map is basically just the latest iteration. It's just that often some stuff is left in that nees to be ironed out later.
Old May 17th, 2009, 05:05 AM

Yup, found that out when I got bored looking around the map and guessing. Not blaming you for anything, but it's working as it should. Some of the things are a little bit counter-intuitive, such as the border between Trollmoors and northern High Forest. It's also intended, because it's essentially just a dash across the road without engaging province defenses on the way.

I learned a lot of stuff from making the Dom2 Faerun maps, one of which was how to deal with the islands. This map is basically just the latest iteration. It's just that often some stuff is left in that nees to be ironed out later.
Old June 7th, 2009, 02:32 AM

Private

AndonSage is on a distinguished road

Edi,

First of all, thanks very much for making this map I loved playing the Faerun map in Dom 2

Now the questions... playing this map in single-player, how many nations are suggested? Also, which game options are best (e.g. magic site frequency, strength of independents, etc.)?

I've also wondered what an "Adventure Map" is. I don't remember seeing this term used anywhere. It's been over a year since I've played Dom 3, though. And what's #killfeature?

Thanks
Old June 7th, 2009, 07:42 AM

Private

AndonSage is on a distinguished road

What does a crown icon in a province mean? Does that designate a province with a "special" site?