.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old March 27th, 2011, 09:53 PM

Private

Patric is on a distinguished road
Default Mikado V 1.2

Hi:

Now I figured out how to put landed planes. Unfortunately the closest thing to a MBDA Super Etendard are 5 x MiG 17's on the "utility vehicle" OOB of the red player. This version also have waypoints for the British, in case you want to play on the Argentinean side a more challenging game.

I'd like to have feedback / suggestions.

Thanks

Pat
Attached Files
File Type: zip spscn265.zip (166.3 KB, 346 views)

Last edited by Patric; March 27th, 2011 at 09:55 PM.. Reason: forgot to attach file...
Old March 28th, 2011, 04:55 AM

First Lieutenant

iCaMpWiThAWP is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Mikado V 1.2

Will try this out when i get home tonight, Did you set a high point value for these parked aircraft so destroying them becomes a priority?
Old March 28th, 2011, 10:24 AM

Private

Default Re: SCENARIOS!

Good point, I must relocate the flags so they'll coincide with the aircraft- Two of them hve them already but I have no means now to verify how many points are worth. (I'm writing from my office, I'll check that later.)

saludos

Pat
Old March 28th, 2011, 04:03 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

This is a sceanrio you are making .......correct ?

Buy the same number of anything cheap and useless you want to represent the Etendards and put it on the map where you want the grounded aircraft.

Save

Find a nation with an Etendard graphic you like. Note the graphic number

Open the scenario with SCENHack and change the cheap and useless things to the graphic number for the Etendard and change the name while you're at it

Save with SCENHack.

Deal with any speed issues in the game editor

Don

Last edited by DRG; March 28th, 2011 at 04:14 PM..
Old March 28th, 2011, 04:49 PM

First Lieutenant

btw, you can add 1 armor all round(but not top) to make it harder to destroy, so you'll need to get close to assault, or to grenade it from 50m, instead of shooting from 600m.
Old March 28th, 2011, 08:57 PM

Private

Thanks for the tips guys.
If I try doing these changes, will my OOB change preventing me of playing PBEM?
thanks again

Pat
Old March 29th, 2011, 08:15 AM

First Lieutenant

don't change the oobs /facepalm
you need to change the scenario ONLY
Old March 29th, 2011, 09:18 AM

Major

Double_Deuce is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patric View Post
Thanks for the tips guys.
If I try doing these changes, will my OOB change preventing me of playing PBEM?
As iCaMpWiThAWP said, only edit the scenario itself not your master OOB files.
Old April 19th, 2011, 09:01 PM

Private

A_Rude_Gesture is on a distinguished road

Hi all!
A new scenario done in, at least when it comes to my making scenarios, record time. A word of warning regarding the description which will follow though, it has got some cursing in it.

01 Beginnings

Date: May 5, 1972

Battle Location: Rural Area, Northern Ireland

Battle Type: Provisional IRA sabotage vs R.U.C./British Army defend

Description: How and when you and your brother joined the Provos is a story best told at another time.

It doesn't really matter at the moment, what does matter is that you both have been sent to a rural area just across the border to meet up with and help organize a few volunteers.

You drove across the border at night with only a few weapons in the car: A pistol, a shotgun and newly arrived from our friends in the States, an m79 "Thumper" grenade launcher.

Driving with your headlights switched off along the narrow country roads it was a miracle that you didn't crash earlier, on the upside you both got off easy with a few superficial scratches and Lockie, your older brother, who was driving the car, also suffered a bloody nose.

Keeping away from the roads you make your way towards your destination, a couple of tiny villages and a few farms strewn across the countryside.

You mutter to yourself as you make your way through some trees on the edge of a freshly tilled field.

"What's that you said, Tom?" Your brothers voice cut's through your thoughts.

Your brother is 24 years old, only a year older than you, but still treats you as he did when you were living at home with your parents

"Nottin, Lockie."you sigh

"That's roight, Tom. You just remember why we're here."

You think about answering back, but just as you're about to, a man armed with a Bren gun steps into view and with a rough voice says: "Enjoying the night air are we, boys?"

The man looks at you both and and nods towards the m79. "That's a strange walking stick, boy. How did you come by it?" The man seems to ponder something for a brief moment and then asks: "Are you boys Oglaigh na hEireann?"

Lockie answers him quickly: "Are you Pete O'Leary?"

"No I'm not, but I'm a friend of his. My name is Dan McGee." He lowers his gun. "And I'm guessing you're the lads from the Republic we were expecting." He grins and sticks out his hand. "We've been havin a roight trouble with the huns lately, lads, but now you boys are here we can get ourselves sorted."

You suddenly hear the sound of a car coming closer and both you and Lockie ready your weapons.

"Ah, not to worry, boys." The man says. "That'll be ar Siobhan. She worries about her 45 year old dad as if he was 5."
"She's a good daugther, he adds. "AND she'll take us to see Old Man O'Leary." He blinks. "He's already been training some of the young lads, Michael, he's 19 and Diarmuid who's 18. They might be young, but they're dependable lads. We'll get him to call them on the phone when we get there. And his own son Dara might be home if he's not out hunting.

You see the headlights of the approaching car bobbing about on the bumpy farm road.

"What we need to do roight now, boys, is act." McGee continues. "We'll hit the R.U.C. station tonight. I know for a fact that the back-door of their weapons depot, at the back of the station, has a vulnerable spot. Old Man O'Leary knows his way around gelignite and has a steady hand eventhough he's 65, so that part shouldn't be any trouble. And if we can knock out the Hun's radio antenna on the hill north of the Old Mansion, that'll be grand. And it will get us more volunteers."

"But first we need to gather up the boys. I'll tell Siobhan to drive us to the west village and when O'Leary's woken the lads up we'll go and get them at the Center Village. But we need to hurry, it's not long 'till dawn."

Notes: This scenario is only playable as the Green side.

Be very careful with your volunteers, losses this early in a recruitment drive would be catastrophic.

Your task is, in short:
1: Get to Pete "Old Man" O'Leary in West Village and pick him and, if he shows up, his son up.

2: Pick up the other volunteers in Center Village

3: Attack either or both of your targets (R.U.C.-station and Radio Antenna)

4: Keep losses at a minimum as your units has a high cost

5: Celebrate with a Guinness or a glass of Connemara whiskey

Sources: Ficticious Scenario.

Design by: Daniel Toftemar

Hope you enjoy it!
Attached Files
File Type: zip 01-Beginnings.zip (76.5 KB, 368 views)
“Don’t go, darling, it’s dangerous- rat-tat-tat boom, and all those noises.”
“I must go, darling, it’s my duty as a Cockney man.”

-Eddie Izzard, Glorious
Old December 6th, 2011, 08:49 PM

Corporal

Palle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazGator View Post
I said that it was hard to make good scenarios with low intensity conflicts; it's not impossible though. I did a Falklands scenario included in the latest patch covering Operation Corporate. It required some manipulation of victory hexes to get the AI to make a fight of it, but it can be done. It's a matter of having some unusual angle to make it interesting. This "angle" can be any of a number of factors. Unusual objectives, special rules, equipment, units, terrain and maps can all be used to enhance small scenarios.

Research for low intensity conflicts can be a bear as well. Such conflicts rarely have much tactically detailed material available from which to design an interesting scenario.(Try and find much tactical info on the French-Algerian War '54-'62)

That conflict has been described and analysed in many a book as there were some ... interesting aspects of it... Rather I would say it is hard to make the AI model COIN or rebellions.

Proud to be Danish!