.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old February 26th, 2012, 08:30 PM

Private

Kurt Montandon is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New scenarios "Red Dawn Series"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oche View Post
A batallion sized force is tasked with pushing through the town of Goodland and capture its airfield. US National Guard units are dug in around the town.

Thanks for these - I love that someone's tackling "Red Dawn" for scenarios. I've started working on a bunch myself, set in Northern California, but it's going to be a while before I'm done.

My one qualm with "Goodland" is that it's entirely unlikely that American police in the early 80s would have FN FALs. At best, some SWAT units would have M-16s, but rural sherrif's departments wouldn't even have those. Shotguns and bolt-action civilian rifles, at most.
Old February 28th, 2012, 08:12 AM

Sergeant

Oche is on a distinguished road

Your welcome, more scenarios coming undergoing testing.
Old February 29th, 2012, 06:36 PM

Sergeant

Battle at Robstown, "Red Dawn" Series.

A soviet tank batallion followed by both a motorized rifle company and a cuban mechanized battalion lead the advance towards the western approaches of the city of Corpus Christi finding a well entrenched infantry unit and several tank platoons rushed to assist the defense.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Battle for Robstown.zip (77.5 KB, 359 views)
Old April 14th, 2012, 03:36 PM

Sergeant

Armor Clash near Corpus Christi, "Red Dawn" Series.

While being tasked to advance and engage any soviet units approaching the Southwestern approaches of Corpus Christi trying to flank the US 1st Cavalry Division main defense line, M1 Abrams tanks from the 1st Squadron, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment engage reconnaissance units and an armor batallion trying to slide through the sector.

*(Map included in Zip file).
Attached Files
File Type: zip Armor Clash near Corpus Christi.zip (169.0 KB, 408 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Oche For This Useful Post:
Old June 21st, 2012, 09:13 PM

Sergeant

The Alamo Guards debut, "Red Dawn" series.

After selective nuke strikes and infiltrators successfully destroyed and caused heavy damage to SAC bases and other military installations on Western USA, the US Army lacks sufficient air support for delaying the leading Army group of the Central American Peoples Alliance (CAPA) formed by both Cuba and Nicaraguan armed forces which is tasked by the Soviet High Command to push for the Houston area with the intention of "distract and confuse" US intelligence, nevertheless casualties on both sides are high. While the US army attempts to maintain the lines of defense in Western USA, The Texas National Guard has been mobilized out of the highly densed urban areas to ambush positions in hinterlands and key crossroad positions right between the suspected paths of thrusts across Texas. In this battle Elements from the Cuban 24th Infantry Division and 1st Armored Division make a dawn assault on the western outskirts of the City of Victoria defended by a battallion of The Texas National Guard's 1st Regiment "The Alamo Guards".
Attached Files
File Type: zip The Alamo Guards.zip (117.9 KB, 372 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Oche For This Useful Post:
Old August 25th, 2012, 04:28 PM

Private

Mesh is on a distinguished road

Thanks for these scenarios, so far I've played the ones that came with the latest patch and they've been great! I think your design on these is very, very good. Force balance is well done and makes for entertaining fights, you get the feeling that you have to preserve your forces while simultaneously repulsing a numerically superior opponent.

The maps are excellent and evocative. I've enjoyed the wide open spaces of these scenarios, since usually I tend to play on more crowded scenery maps. The American TI equipped tanks are murderous in these battles!

As defensive battles against the AI these generally tend to be on the easy-medium level of difficulty, which is fine by me. My toughest fight was easily Goodland, having to cope with the older National Guard kit against the Cubans was something completely different from Robstown and I liked that change of pace.

Definitely planning on playing the newer ones too. I hope you keep up with the series!
The Following User Says Thank You to Mesh For This Useful Post:
Old August 26th, 2012, 02:59 PM

Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesh View Post
Thanks for these scenarios, so far I've played the ones that came with the latest patch and they've been great! I think your design on these is very, very good. Force balance is well done and makes for entertaining fights, you get the feeling that you have to preserve your forces while simultaneously repulsing a numerically superior opponent.

The maps are excellent and evocative. I've enjoyed the wide open spaces of these scenarios, since usually I tend to play on more crowded scenery maps. The American TI equipped tanks are murderous in these battles!

As defensive battles against the AI these generally tend to be on the easy-medium level of difficulty, which is fine by me. My toughest fight was easily Goodland, having to cope with the older National Guard kit against the Cubans was something completely different from Robstown and I liked that change of pace.

Definitely planning on playing the newer ones too. I hope you keep up with the series!
Thanks for the feedback, glad you liked them. I will continue with the series for sure. Keep on firing.
Old September 28th, 2012, 07:42 PM

Sergeant

Ambush at Vauxhall, "Red Dawn" Series.

While the main Soviet army group with the aid of the Cuban and Nicaraguan Army wreak havoc throughout Western USA and with key passes in the Rockies secured, 3 other army groups are rolling across the Bering Straight cutting the Alaskan Pipeline through Canada with the intention to link up in the middle. The underestimated Canadian army with their scattered pockets of stiff resistance in key roads across Canada have not slowed the Red Advance but it has made it costly enough. In this battle a Soviet Motorized Rifle Battallion leads the assault on the small town of Vauxhall supported by a Tank Battallion encountering well supported and motivated dug in Canadian Infantry.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Ambush at Vauxhall.zip (75.4 KB, 348 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Oche For This Useful Post:
Old October 7th, 2012, 01:23 AM

Sergeant

Marines at Lake Texana, "Red Dawn" Series.

The Cuban army with the support of Soviet forces advances through Southern Texas both inflicting and taking heavy casualties along the way. While approaching Lake Texana, a Cuban Rifle Regiment size force well supported by armor and artillery bumps into delaying elements of the 8th Marine Regiment, 2nd Marine Division, This would be the USMC first battle against the Cubans in US soil.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Marines at Lake Texana.zip (90.9 KB, 343 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Oche For This Useful Post:
Old October 13th, 2012, 03:55 AM

Corporal

Firestorm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt Montandon View Post
Thanks for these - I love that someone's tackling "Red Dawn" for scenarios. I've started working on a bunch myself, set in Northern California, but it's going to be a while before I'm done.
You should take a page from Shattered Union and have a bunch of partisans riding around in armour-plated low-rider pickups. I'd look forward to something set in Northern California; fighting over those mountain passes and the valleys beyond would be very interesting.

Quote:
My one qualm with "Goodland" is that it's entirely unlikely that American police in the early 80s would have FN FALs.
Do you mean the two scouts in the militia company? I don't think those were supposed to be Sheriff's deputies, I think they were just armed civilians who had volunteered to defend their town, and the National Guard was desperate enough to put them to use.

The scouts would have been among the better volunteers (vets still in good health, professional hunters, biathlon/sport shooters and the like), and FN-FALs or AWB-friendly knockoffs were and remain quite common among the more... enthusiastic gun owners of America.

Quote:
At best, some SWAT units would have M-16s, but rural sherrif's departments wouldn't even have those. Shotguns and bolt-action civilian rifles, at most.
Issued weapons: for the most part yes. But add lever-actions to the civilian rifles.

Available weapons: it's Kansas. Military pattern-weapons weren't exactly hard to find there, even in the 80's. Instead of M16's you might have AR15's or Mini-14's that have been converted to automatic fire, but functionally there wouldn't be that much difference.

Last edited by Firestorm; October 13th, 2012 at 04:11 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Firestorm For This Useful Post: