.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old January 5th, 2010, 10:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

TwoBits is on a distinguished road
Default 2 Permanent Replacements needed for Good and Interesting Positions

OK, thought I better start a new thread with full information (especially since I couldn't figure out how to edit the title of the old thread - can a the creator of a thread do that?). Anyhow, I need permanent replacements in two games for now:

MA Mictlan in Operation Anchorage (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=44133). It's mid-late game territory (turn 58), just four nations left, Mictlan, Abysia, R'lyeh, and Vanheim, although the Vans are getting beat on and recently went AI. A NAP with Abysia is about to expire, but one with R'lyeh still holds. Miclan leads in research, has an S9D9 pretender to play with, and several other advantages I'd rather not give away in public, but will happily fill one in on if they take the position.

MA R'lyeh in FastBlitz (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=44159). This is a very interesting game, with an unusual set-up (300% gold/resources/supplies, easy research, and 75% magic sites). Three other nations are left - Abysia, C'tis, and Bandar Log. It's only turn 37, but with the easy research, it's practically late game territory, but the set-up parameters still have the emphasis on mega-armies and huge numbers of mages. No graphs are on, so it's hard to compare, but I'd have to put my money on R'lyeh: easy research + plenty of cash = happy times for the Star Spawn! They just need someone who can take the time to do things properly.

Please let me know if one or both of these positions interest you!

Thanks,

TwoBits
Old January 6th, 2010, 09:45 AM

Second Lieutenant

Default Re: 2 Permanent Replacements needed for Good and Interesting Positions

Bump. These are both quite viable and interesting positions. Lots of stuff you could try out and have fun with (and have a chance to win too)! Any takers?
Old January 6th, 2010, 02:19 PM

Major

Wrana is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoBits View Post
OK, thought I better start a new thread with full information (especially since I couldn't figure out how to edit the title of the old thread - can a the creator of a thread do that?). Anyhow, I need permanent replacements in two games for now:

MA Mictlan in Operation Anchorage (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=44133). It's mid-late game territory (turn 58), just four nations left, Mictlan, Abysia, R'lyeh, and Vanheim, although the Vans are getting beat on and recently went AI. A NAP with Abysia is about to expire, but one with R'lyeh still holds. Miclan leads in research, has an S9D9 pretender to play with, and several other advantages I'd rather not give away in public, but will happily fill one in on if they take the position.
I'm interested in Mictlan proposition, but I didn't play it MP. So, I would like to have you explain your strategy.
Normally, I like R'lyeh more, but not easy research...
Old January 6th, 2010, 10:09 PM

Second Lieutenant

Wrana, thank you very much for taking over Mictlan for me! I'll PM you later (after work) and explain what I've got going on. The game is using the Bering map and CBM 1.6 (both of which you can find links to on the first page of the Operation Anchorage thread). SciencePro is operating the game, so you can PM him for other details, and for changing things over on LlamaServer. I also probably have the last few turn files saved somewhere, so PM me your email if you want me to send them to you, and you cn see how the game has progressed over the last few turns.

Anyhow, that still leaves R'lyeh available. Yeah, R'lyeh and easy research might seem a bit overwhelming, but this would be someone's chance to play with all the high-end magic, communions, etc.. I'd be surprised if R'lyeh is not leading in research. And you'd have tons of Starspawn and Starchildren to play with (thanks to the 300% gold)! I don't want to give too much away here, but again, I'll happily PM full details if to anyone who gives them a good home
Old January 6th, 2010, 10:20 PM

General

Graeme Dice is on a distinguished road

It's also a relatively small map, so there's not too much micromanagement even with the high resources.
Old January 7th, 2010, 09:24 AM

Major

Wrana is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme Dice View Post
It's also a relatively small map, so there's not too much micromanagement even with the high resources.
When why you don't take it over yourself? I said that I don't like the idea. Actually, I don't like easy research at all, regardless of nation!
Old January 7th, 2010, 09:45 AM

Second Lieutenant

Wrana, just sent you a PM about Mictlan.

Oh, and Graeme can't take over R'lyeh in FastBlitz, as he's already playing C'tis

So who wants to give R'lyeh a whirl?
Old January 7th, 2010, 05:44 PM

Sergeant

SciencePro is on a distinguished road

Wrana, I am the admin of operation anchorage. Please PM me your email address and I will send you the turn to play.

EDIT: Okay I just got it. You should get the turn now. Thanks!
Old January 7th, 2010, 11:40 PM

Second Lieutenant

Bump. Still need someone for the MA R'lyeh position. Again, you'd be in a great situation, in a game with a very interesting set-up. Give it a try!
Old January 8th, 2010, 02:20 AM

Second Lieutenant

AdmiralZhao is on a distinguished road

Please do sign up. I'm counting on Ryleh to finish me off in that game so I can join another.