World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old October 30th, 2015, 12:54 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: Usmc m16a4 acog

Sub Tenders were "fun", they would always remind us before "bus away day" from Charleston S.C. to Kings Bay Ga. (And once in Holy Loch, Scotland on the Providence.) to take the boat, to make sure if you were on the tender during a security violation (Especially a Nuc weapons one.) to "eat the bulkhead" or suffer the consequences. Imagine a busy passage the security alarm goes off the announcement is made ship wide and you happen to be in the passageway the Marines are responding from. Everyone "eats the bulkhead" but you (Think musical chairs here.) well those Marines won't say excuse me, they'll give a warning to clear the passageway and and if you don't that first Marine is authorized knock you on the deck and an M-16 rifle butt like most, will definitely ruin your day. If your lucky they'll pick you up throw you against the bulkhead, frisk you and give you a "love tap" to the small of your back and move, the unlucky ones just got run over by the rest as you're laying on the deck. I've seen it happen both ways, it would encourage us to speed along the turnover process to get off the tender and moved onto the boat as the other crew went back to Charleston.

Yeah, I believe the Sub Force were the last units to turn in our M-14's ~90/92. It was a great weapon and I shot better with that rifle at any range than any M-16 variant I used. And don't get me started on the 1911 Colt 45, loved it to!?!

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
Old October 30th, 2015, 08:48 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,437 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Usmc m16a4 acog

Ya mean they don't say " excuse me " ? .....I'm shocked...........
Old October 30th, 2015, 11:44 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: Usmc m16a4 acog

Back then they used to man the gates of our (USN) bases as well, it didn't make for the best of relations between the sailors and marines. But in situations like I just described in my last post, it allowed them to take a "free legal shot" at the sailors. I'd hate to think what they would've done to one they knew and didn't like. However for the most part and for the best things are a lot better now. However the "eat the bulkhead" part well, I'd strongly recommend you still do that!

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
Old November 1st, 2015, 02:18 AM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road

I actually sat in of the "Welcome Aboard" brief the ships Master Chief gave new arrivals.
One part concerned that ... If the security alarm goes off those Marines will run over anyone in their way. And if you don't believe me ask the XO what happened to him a couple months ago.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Old November 1st, 2015, 02:24 AM

Lieutenant General

On a related note ... the funny part is after a few years the Chiefs and SNCOs got along with, and had more in common with, each other then they did the junior enlisted ranks of either branch.

And I still have more "at sea" time then 75% of the sailors I've ever known (the one enlistment folks of course).

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Old November 12th, 2015, 04:01 AM

Lieutenant General

Ran across this:

"To strike the enemy beyond the range of the M4 or even the M16, each Marine fire team already has an M27 Infantry Automatic Rifle, which in semi-auto with its free-floating barrel and precision trigger also now doubles as the designated marksman's rifle. It's a role that will no longer be filled by the Squad Advanced Marksman Rifle."

Has zero effect on WinSPMBT as I already named the weapon in the USMC OOB just "Marksman Rifle" in order to use just one weapon slot from 1946-2020. But it is interesting that the team automatic rifleman is now also the team marksman.