.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old January 13th, 2016, 05:33 PM

Second Lieutenant

SaS TrooP is on a distinguished road
Default LWP Maneuvers 9/1965

FOR NVA MANEUVERS, A VERY SIMILAR SCENARIO, CHECK HERE:
http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=50980

LWP MANEUVERS

Description: This was never meant to be a scenario.

Idea of this battle was born when I saw extensive archive footage of East German Military (NVA) maneuvers, cooperating with Warsaw Pact troops in year 1965. It is a very specific period of time, often ommited in history of military. Eyes of most people are directed towards Ia Drang and rapidly raising PAVN combat abilities.

As requested on the forums, this time I prepared the battle involving Polish mechanized regiment of that era. Structurally, LWP and NVA had very similar units (as basically all WP nations) so it may look very similar at first. Nothe though: Polish forces tended to use lighter recon than German counterparts and greater focus was put on wheeled regiments (still called "mechanized" in LWP system) rather than all-terrain tracked vehicles. Also, note that due to greater space inside the vehicles, heavier infantry weapons can be spotted in every company and battalion. Battle is setup on a map that was not made either by me or him. This map was invented for a tournament of some sort. I deployed entire regiment the way I would prefer to have it deployed. On the other side I deployed the Belgian mechanized battalion, supported with tank company and some recon elements, enough to make defences reliable. LWP troops are supported with divisional guns (152mm battalion) and some air force, mainly Su-7BM and MiG-15 aircraft.

This would be a typical battle should Warsaw Pact move towards West Germany. This scenario however seems somewhat easier than NVA Maneuvers. Belgian equipment shows greater inferiority in means of armour to Warsaw Pact. Dutch deadly Centurions and light taknsare now gone. Instead, weaker M47 Pattons are present on the battlefield. Yet, you should know that Belgian battalion is already equipped with significant number of Entac ATGMs. Will those be effective enough? You decide! Nevertheless, long and extremely bloody combat may ensue with both units anihilating each other.

Have fun. This scenario is a good basis to try different WP nations and deployments.

Notes: Can be played on any side, though invented for Poland. Scenario is most likely capable of PBEM play.*

Source: YouTube channel "Filmarchiv der Nationale Volksarmee", closed 2015*

Sorry, but I was not able to test this scenario thoroughly. It is also not a converted random battle scenario anymore. Still, one of you asked me to do this and I hope you will enjoy.

Attack is planned on three axis. Let me know if you find deployment correct
If you will to rebuild the deployment, please post your changed scenario here, we will see what we can do with it.
Attached Files
File Type: 7z LWPManeuvers.7z (78.6 KB, 178 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SaS TrooP For This Useful Post:
Old January 24th, 2016, 10:38 AM

Second Lieutenant

SaS TrooP is on a distinguished road
Default Re: LWP Maneuvers 9/1965

Did anyone try it so far? Is this playable and brings some fun?
Old January 24th, 2016, 05:03 PM

Corporal

Grant1pa is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaS TrooP View Post
Did anyone try it so far? Is this playable and brings some fun?
I've gotten through about 15 turns so far but the real world called me away. I'm looking forward to finishing the game this week. Those ATGM's are kicking my but though. Like it!

Tom
Old January 25th, 2016, 08:51 PM

Corporal

Steves308 is on a distinguished road

I enjoyed both of these scenarios that you created. I'm using them to try out all the various Warsaw Pact countries. Keep up the good work!