.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Bronze- Save $9.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old June 1st, 2006, 02:37 PM

National Security Advisor

Edi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Introduce yourself!! :-)

30 years old, A Finn living in Helsinki. I'm currently workingat an internship in a computer repair shop and will get a degree in IT support in January. Only the final project is incomplete, and I'll finish it during June, but the school bureaucracy will hold actual graduation up. The reason it's taken me so long is I failed computer engineering and several years went to that. Next challenge is finding a permanent job.

My hobbies are reading and gaming, and I dabble at writing. I live with my girlfriend and we have two cats.

My favorite games are turn based strategy and I also enjoy FPS games and certain types of computer RPGs, as well as tabletop RPGs.

Edi
Old June 1st, 2006, 05:09 PM

Major

DominionsFan is on a distinguished road

Edi you ever played with the game Call of Duty or Call of duty 2.? Those are decent FPS games for multiplayer.

PS. Guys why arent you posting your pictures? I always like to see, that who am I talking to.

"Training is principally an act of faith. The athlete must believe in its efficacy: he must believe that through training he will become fitter and stronger, that by constant repetition of the same movements he will become more skillful."
Old June 1st, 2006, 05:42 PM

National Security Advisor

Edi is on a distinguished road

No pics of me online. And anything I could put up looks like [censored], so not happening.

As for Call of Duty, my PC specs are Celeron (first generation) 500 MHZ with roughly 400 MB of memory, so it (or anything else made after 2001-2002, bar a few exceptions) won't run on my machine. And I'm mostly a single player to boot, don't much like online gaming. Games like Dom2, that's fine, but not FPS games. If it was with friends I know and no strangers, then would be good, but anything with public servers, screw that, too many f-tards on those.

Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Edi
Old June 1st, 2006, 06:56 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

http://www.dom3minions.com/~gandalf/Gandalf_Parker.jpg
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
Old June 1st, 2006, 08:30 PM

Corporal

Ighalli is on a distinguished road

I'm 23 and I've lived in Pennsylvania my whole life. I just got my degree in physics, minor in mathematics. This fall I'm moving to Ohio to start working on my Ph.D. This Summer I'm a lab assistant. We're researching a way to get cheaper solar power.

Been gaming since before I can remember, and like most everyone else here I started with D&D. Lately I've been running Shadow Run 4th edition. My favorite computer games are mostly roguelikes (Ragnarok) or turn based strategy (MOO2). Lately I've spent all my computer time play testing some stuff at www.bay12games.com. (Hope no one minds the plug! )
Old June 1st, 2006, 09:07 PM

Corporal

Evil Dave is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Ighalli said:
We're researching a way to get cheaper solar power.

Hail, worthy competitor! I'm working in the same area.

I'm 37, and live near Wilmington, Delaware.

Have too may pretender files to keep track of? Use catgod to view them.
Old June 1st, 2006, 11:13 PM

Sergeant

Archonsod is on a distinguished road

I'm 27 and live in Edinburgh UK.

Currently working for Sun

Been into gaming since the glorious 8 bit home computer era
Old June 2nd, 2006, 02:03 AM

Second Lieutenant

Shmonk is on a distinguished road

Me, I'm a 37 year old male (single, though 2 cats), in Sacramento, CA. I'm a supervisor at a company that does data conversion/manipulation of real estate data, to standardize it for our broad product line (mortgage apps, MLS websites, etc).

Been gaming my whole life, started with AD&D at age 8 or 9. I remember my grandma and grandpa bought my older brother and I the AD&D starter kit (or whatever it was called) for Christmas. We couldn't understand much of it and asked our dad for help, he looked it over and realized it was a little over our heads, and after a quick trip to the store for a PHB, DMG and MM he became our DM. He even got a few of his friends from work involved (he was a cop), so we'd play Friday nights like every other week or so, for 5 or 6 hours at a time, me and my brother with my 2 cousins and a friend of my dad's, exploring Keep on the Borderlands and other such modules. After that did he'd design his own adventures and it got even better. My main name for a god in Dom2 is "Fortu", it was the name my dad gave to an NPC that he'd have to constantly bring into the game to get us out of trouble. Ah, the memories.

Then I progressed to computer games as I got older, mainly RPG or strategy. Now I mostly read, play golf, and play the occasional computer game. Prefer solo games, this is my first long term MP game (besides EQ, tried that for a little over a year off and on). I've tried to get several frields of mine into this game, it's not their cup of tea it seems (not into turn based). Trying to get my dad hooked too, no luck yet.
Old June 2nd, 2006, 11:43 AM

Second Lieutenant

JaydedOne is on a distinguished road

29 year old lawyer in Atlanta, Georgia, USA. Game-player of all sorts since the Apple II+ and the Dungeons & Dragons Red Boxed Set captured my attention in kindergarten. I still play a little bit of everything -- Live-Action, board and card games of all shapes and sizes, consoles, PC gaming, etc. -- but have a strong fondness in my heart for the home-brewed labor of love that is Dominions.
Old June 2nd, 2006, 01:25 PM

Sergeant

Horst F. JENS is on a distinguished road

data:
age 36, male, italian girlfriend, no kids yet.
loving dominions since dom:PPP.

Pics and info at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Horst_F_JENS