.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Dominions II In-Game Typos (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=16619)

Edi September 7th, 2004 06:19 AM

Re: Dominions II In-Game Typos

Not serious typos as such but I have discovered the following ones.

Additional effects associated with various weapons:

Unconsiousness --> Unconsciousness.
Area1 holyfire --> Area Holyfire

Various effects are spelled inconsistently, with all of the words capitalized in some, only some words capitalized in others and no words capitalized at all in others (e.g. crusherknack, Extra chest wound, Fire Bonds). If mod commands are case sensitive, this might be an issue in making mods when weapons are added (assuming special effects can be added to weapons in the first place). A good fix would be to just capitalize all words except prepositions and "and" in the relevant places.

Edi

deccan September 15th, 2004 01:43 AM

Atlantean scout has no description text.

Alneyan September 15th, 2004 03:56 PM

The Witch is said to require both a Laboratory and a Temple, but only the Laboratory is actually needed. The Witch in question was recruited in a Hidden Forest, and has one Earth and one Nature.

Speaking of the Atlantian Scout, this unit is also the standard scout for R'lyeh. Is it intended to be so?

Alneyan September 16th, 2004 07:34 AM

The description of the Moloch says he will "make its inhabitants slaughter one other". It should be "one another".

Edi September 16th, 2004 08:18 AM

Quote:

Alneyan said:
Speaking of the Atlantian Scout, this unit is also the standard scout for R'lyeh. Is it intended to be so?

I think so. R'lyeh uses enslaved Atlantian troops, like the slave troopers and meteorite guards, so why not Atlantian scouts? Saves the trouble of making a separate scout unit for them. After all, most nations have the same scout unit, monster #426, it's just been defined into their unit selections. I suppose the reason the Atlantian scout doesn't have a description text is that R'lyeh and Atlantis are supposed to be mortal enemies and it'd be difficult to come up with a short description that was nation-specific and accommodated both nations at the same time. I suppose I could try and write one and forward that to Illwinter to see if they think it's good enough to be included in the game.

Edi

deccan September 21st, 2004 09:39 AM

Ok, this annoyed me. The "Power of the Eye" scenario says:

"The player who takes control over the Desert Eye or the Void Gate wins."

This is a lie! I just started playing the scenario SP as Ulm, and I happened to start near the Desert Eye, so I just built a big army, hired lots of mercs and crashed into there and managed to successfully storm the place on turn 20 or thereabouts. And I didn't win! Victory condition is 2 points and I found out that each site is worth 1 victory point, so you need both sites!

Kristoffer O September 23rd, 2004 04:32 AM

Hmm. Thats bad I suppose. I do not even remember what was intended anymore. Only one should do fine.

Beorne September 27th, 2004 05:40 AM

Very little typo:
The hoburg commander is described to have a mace but it is depicted (and has) a shortsword.

Alneyan October 2nd, 2004 07:52 PM

The Capricorn does not have a description. I have only seen this unit in Gandalf's random maps however, and so do not know how to recruit it (or can it be actually recruited somewhere? I have yet to see it through "normal" means).

Graeme Dice October 2nd, 2004 08:08 PM

Quote:

Alneyan said:
The Capricorn does not have a description. I have only seen this unit in Gandalf's random maps however, and so do not know how to recruit it (or can it be actually recruited somewhere? I have yet to see it through "normal" means).

This is one of the new units that looks like it fits with an underwater Pangaea/Atlantis theme, complete with Icthysatyrs and such.