.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   WinSPMBT (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Questions (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=51772)

Mobhack August 25th, 2019 05:22 PM

Re: Questions

Quote:

Originally Posted by rel19 (Post 845956)
I mean the case when I forse a crew to get out of vehicle with keyboard @ key.

First I noticed this when AI began to pound abandoned vehicles with all tubes of artillary. AI could not spot and see them normally because that vehicles were behind hills and trees and AI had not got LOS to them.
After that I made a PBEM battle test. There is no LOS but all vehicles become visible to enemy after turn transition if unload crew.

Just confirmed this

Set up a scenario in WW2, and exited crews. Did not see anything, so went back for the next player's turn - duh! - remeber to walk crews away from the vehicles or they remount.... Slaps self with big trout..

After that, ended that player turn (both human) and on starting that player turn, the exited vehicles were all displayed on the map.

Something to look into. The code may be rolling in abandoned vehicles with destroyed (and so marking as spotted)- but as I have played many games against the AI where vehicles behind a hill to me were abandoned, and this did not happen, then it may be something wrong with the code segment that is run by the @ key sequence.

DRG August 26th, 2019 02:39 PM

added to the list........

FASTBOAT TOUGH August 26th, 2019 08:17 PM

For what it's worth, Andy I agree with you concerning your last post, last para, I always play against the AI and have never seen that situation as described.

"- but as I have played many games against the AI where vehicles behind a hill to me were abandoned, and this did not happen,"

For the newer players, kill the enemy crews if possible! First the AI will have no problem killing yours. I've seen routed crews in the earlier phases of the games "get their act together" AND reoccupy their tanks. Needless to say, you could be in for unpleasant surprise!

Regards,
Pat
:capt:

rel19 August 31st, 2019 09:19 AM

There is one another oddity with @ key vehicle exiting.

Some of crew units have size 1 after they exit. And some of crew units have size of their vehicle!
I have seen jeep crew with size 2, APC crew with size 3, and tank crew with size 4 or 5.

Mobhack August 31st, 2019 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rel19 (Post 845989)
There is one another oddity with @ key vehicle exiting.

Some of crew units have size 1 after they exit. And some of crew units have size of their vehicle!
I have seen jeep crew with size 2, APC crew with size 3, and tank crew with size 4 or 5.

Another thing to go on the list!

DRG August 31st, 2019 05:04 PM

A save game that shows this would be helpful

Mobhack August 31st, 2019 07:01 PM

Looks like the crews take their size from the vehicle they bail out of - and that looks like it has been so since SSI days. Good catch - nobody has spotted that bug in 15+ years!.

anlubue September 1st, 2019 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mobhack (Post 845992)
Looks like the crews take their size from the vehicle they bail out of -

The same relationship goes for an unspecified number of women and their sofas.

You probably did not notice it, because you are all married? :lol

rel19 September 3rd, 2019 01:29 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by DRG (Post 845991)
A save game that shows this would be helpful

Here are saves. In the second you can find crews with size 6 which survived in tanks destroyed by enemy not abandoned with @ key.

It's also interesting, why vehicle crews of 2-5 men have default size 1? It seems they should be zero size.

Mobhack September 3rd, 2019 01:12 PM

making them size 0 would result in the end user utilising them as scouts - and in SP1 days that was a complaint IIRC. So later versions used size 1.