.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   WinSPMBT (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Question Regarding Scenhack Program (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=51211)

David April 21st, 2016 01:09 PM

Question Regarding Scenhack Program

I am having a problem running this program. When I hit the tab to enter the program I immediately get an error message regarding the inability to initiate a database engine (I am not presently at my computer so I am unable to quote the error message precisely).

I get the same message when I select the "sort" command.

I apologize for the incompleteness of this post, but has anyone else seen an error message when entering this program?

Thanks,
David

Mobhack April 21st, 2016 01:34 PM

Re: Question Regarding Scenhack Program

Did you press the "create tables" button - otherwise you dont have any database to query as yet. If you have the full game, you will need to create tables on the SQL tab as well as the sort tab - each has its own data table.

And also remember to recreate the tables after any work done on scenarios - the tables are a snapshot, they do not dynamically update if you edit things.

There is a message box letting you know that functionality is limited, if you have the Free Demo version of the game.

David April 21st, 2016 01:59 PM

Mobhack,

Thanks for your reply.

As soon as I select any command in the program I get the error message
(not sure about this, but if my memory is correct the error number is $1208...or something like that).

The "create table" button does not work...same error message.

SQL tab also generates the same error message.

I do have the full CD version, and everything else works fine.

As I mentioned, the error message indicates that there is a problem initiating a database engine (bordline or bordlan....something like that).

Again, sorry I am not at my home computer to be more specific.

Mobhack April 21st, 2016 02:21 PM

Borland Database Engine

It should be built-in since it is the major element of the Borland Builder C++ compiler..

However it may require a DLL?

Will need investigating further it appears!

David April 21st, 2016 02:32 PM

Mobhack,

There is indeed a DLL file in the Scenhack folder (I think it is Borland.dll). Perhaps this file is not working properly in my download?

DRG April 21st, 2016 02:55 PM

Anyone else tried scenhack sort yet ??

DRG April 21st, 2016 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 833782)
Mobhack,

There is indeed a DLL file in the Scenhack folder (I think it is Borland.dll). Perhaps this file is not working properly in my download?

Question........did you try running Scenhack from game options ?? I just tried it from my test patch folder and it took a little while longer to load than normal the first time because it was reading the scenario data and creating the tables for sorting. The second time I tried it loaded right up and everything sorted as per design. It is a hugely helpful program for the 99.999% who have not commited all the scenario data to memory

That said we need to know if anyone else has tried this and has the same trouble

Don

David April 21st, 2016 03:12 PM

I have only tried running it from the "Utilities" option.

Mobhack April 21st, 2016 03:23 PM

Problem is, both Don and I have the full Borland development environment installed, which has all the Dll's too.

I am installing a bare W98 virtual machine (no borland products) and hopefully will be able to narrow down any extra DLL's involved.

Once that's done we will fix this.

DRG April 21st, 2016 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 833785)

Yes, that's what I am referring to....the utilities tab in Game Options but I really need to know if anyone else has this problem as well. If it's common then we have to figure out what .DLL we have that everyone else doesn't

Don

scorpio_rocks April 21st, 2016 04:53 PM

Sorry guys looks like it is an issue:
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/b...pshtratarc.jpg

Pressing OK on error gets you into scenhack but any further buttons regarding sql or sort gives same error. :(

Mobhack April 21st, 2016 04:59 PM

Working on it - seems to be an issue of missing DLLs for the Borland Database Engine

Steves308 April 21st, 2016 11:12 PM

I get the exact same result that Scorpio Rocks is getting, from both SPWW2 and SPMBT. Scenhack works, but not the Sort/SQL buttons, keeping getting the Initialization error.

Everything else looks like it works with the "b" patches.

Steves308

DRG April 22nd, 2016 08:07 AM

We are working on isolating the DLL's that might be missing. Neither of us even considered that we would have these things on our HD working quietly in the background that no one else would have because for both of us the program ran great right from the start....... but hindsight is 20/20 and we both missed the obvious fact that the sorting behaviour we were now asking scenhack to do was above and beyond anything else scenahck already did so it was accessing additional DLL's

Once we think we have these isolated we'll post them for "playtesting" for one of you who has had it fail.

Don

David April 22nd, 2016 08:22 AM

Thanks for working on this. It seems that this program will be a very useful organizational tool.

David

DRG April 22nd, 2016 09:13 AM

This one blindsided us and the problem now is the folder that these DLL's would normally reside it for a 64 bit OS are different than the 32 bit OS so its not just a simple matter of saying " extract these to your main game folder" ( or maybe it can be that's why this is taking so long while we test )

Mobhack April 22nd, 2016 10:15 AM

It is a simple matter of extracting the database engine DLLs to the same folder as the EXE. Once you do that, everything works fine.

Problem is there are 35 of the little darlings, some may be unnecessary. or all 35 are all entwined incestuously in a cats cradle tangle of interdependencies. I am trying deleting one at a time and seeing if things fall over, but right now it seems like you need all of them, or at least most of the blighters.

I'm just now going through the 35 DLLs deleting one at a time to see if things still work. It'll take a day or two to figure all that out.

Andy

DRG April 22nd, 2016 01:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attached is an "interim solution" to this problem .

Extract this to your main game folder......the same one your winSPWW2.exe or winSPMBT.exe is in then run ScenHack and the sort program....remember it takes a minute or so for it to create the tables first time around

Thanks

Don

scorpio_rocks April 22nd, 2016 02:33 PM

Seems to work fine! Thank you - this is a really neat feature. :D

(Tested on MBT only currently)

DRG April 22nd, 2016 03:31 PM

So far.....so good then...........

DRG April 22nd, 2016 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scorpio_rocks (Post 833822)
Seems to work fine! Thank you - this is a really neat feature. :D

(Tested on MBT only currently)

If you are trying to find scenarios from a specific time period or opponents this will find them for you......and if all you want to do is play a short game.....this will find and list them all in order so conversely if you want a big involved game it will find those for you as well.

Someone asked a year of two back what Market- Garden scenario were in SPWW2..... just look at September 1944 to find them now

Want to find all the scenarios involving the VC ?..... no problem

Don

zastava128 April 22nd, 2016 03:50 PM

I've also had the same problem on two different computers, both with Windows 7.

The "interim solution" fixed the problem for both games.

MarkSheppard April 22nd, 2016 04:24 PM

Windows 10, initial patches for MBT and WW2 gives me: Error while attempting to initalize Borland Database Engine (error $2108)

MarkSheppard April 22nd, 2016 04:28 PM

Downloaded BDE that was posted in Page 1, unzipped it to MBT folder; ScenHack appears to work now.

David April 22nd, 2016 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRG (Post 833820)
Attached is an "interim solution" to this problem and right now we would like a couple of people to try this to make sure we are on the right path. Extract this to your main game folder......the same one your winSPWW2.exe or winSPMBT.exe is in then try running ScenHack and the sort program....remember it takes a minute or so for it to create the tables first time around

I need reports from anyone who tries this please

Thanks

Don

Downloaded the BDE file and it worked. Any idea of how many of the .DLL files in the download are needed?

Thanks for this fix!

Steves308 April 23rd, 2016 05:37 PM

Also downloaded the BDE and installed it for both WW2 and MBT, Scenhack now works for both.

Pats April 30th, 2016 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRG (Post 833788)
Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 833785)

Yes, that's what I am referring to....the utilities tab in Game Options but I really need to know if anyone else has this problem as well. If it's common then we have to figure out what .DLL we have that everyone else doesn't

Don

Same here, in both games.
Also if I start it from the installation folder

DRG April 30th, 2016 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pats (Post 833974)

Same here, in both games.
Also if I start it from the installation folder

Did you DL the files I posted ??

Pats May 6th, 2016 03:07 PM

ehm no. where?

scorpio_rocks May 6th, 2016 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pats (Post 834095)
ehm no. where?

post #18 above...

georgesedlak September 6th, 2016 05:24 AM

Having same exact problem.

DRG September 6th, 2016 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by georgesedlak (Post 835352)
Having same exact problem.

DL and install the files attached to post 18

zovs66 June 20th, 2018 09:58 AM

So for SPWW2 I downloaded and installed the files and ScenHack works, but for some reason when I unzipped the files into MBT ScenHack does not work. On first load it shows that error dialog with the $210C error and then it launches the program, and then when you switch tabs it gives the $210C error.

Yes all 25 files unzipped in the root. Like I said no issues with WW2 but for me MBT is not working.

Windows 10

weird.

thoughts?

DRG June 20th, 2018 10:05 AM

You DO NOT unzip the WW2 scenhack into MBT

Do you have the latest version of MBT and does it have all the files we posted before the patch issued in post #18 ?

zovs66 June 20th, 2018 10:36 AM

No I did not unzip the ScenHack into MBT, I unzipped the BDE.zip file into the main MBT folder like I did for WW2. Yes I have the latest patched up version of MBT (full CD). Similar like how I have the full patched up version of WW2 CD.

12.0 CD version on Windows 10.

DRG June 20th, 2018 11:04 AM

If you had the latest patch you have all those files that were posted in #18 and if you have those and run Scenhack from MBT game options, it should work ..... I know it DID work becasue I used it to check scenarios before the last patch was released. Those files were what the sort function needed to work...

BUT....... it's not running for me now in either game !!

We will investigate

DRG June 20th, 2018 11:18 AM

Grrrrrrrrr......... I SUSPECT the last win10 update has screwed something up.... I KNOW this thing was working a few weeks ago without the error messages

DRG June 20th, 2018 11:32 AM

RE-BOOT your computer

After re-boot both scenhacks are working perfectly for me for all functions when run from GameOptions

zovs66 June 20th, 2018 01:01 PM

Yes, I applied a win 10 patch! Will reboot and report back thank you!

zovs66 June 20th, 2018 03:30 PM

Okay so I rebooted and here is more weirdness.

On first load (meaning I fired up MBT options screen and then launched scenhack) it worked perfectly.

Then I launched WW2 and launched it's scenhack and it failed with the $210C error.

Then I closed both and launched WW2 and it's scenhack and it loaded scenhack fine but when I launched MBT and it's scenhack it failed.

So finally I closed both and then switched to WW2 and then load MBT, one would work and not the other.

So here is the rub, you can only run one scenhack at a time. I was running both simultaneously and apparently you can't do that. You can only run one at a time.

So it seems that the behavior is that when you run scenhack from say MBT you cant run WW2 scenhack at the same time, even though both have the dll's in their own folder.

I tested this about half a dozen times and the behavior is the same. Do not run both WW2 and MBT options screen and then expect their individual scenhack to work. Why is beyond me.

Weirdness...

Windows 10 madness...

Mobhack June 20th, 2018 06:00 PM

There can only be the one instance of the Borland Database Engine (BDE) running at the same time. The $210 error is generally insufficient environment memory, but my PC has 6 gigs, so should be enough.

However the BDE is probably using the same runtime environment, so only one can run - the second one finds its resources grabbed by the first and falls over. This seems to be a known problem with the BDE from a quick Google search.

zovs66 June 21st, 2018 05:35 AM

Thanks Andy, I have 12 GBs on this machine, so it's the BDE engine grabbing resources. All is well, I'll just have to remember to use only one (normally I do but I found some missing/lost scenarios for both games and was in the process of using the scenario fix and other testing means to clean them up and upload them).

shahadi September 20th, 2018 03:45 AM

Export Scenario Fixer Tab to CSV

Is it possible to CSV export data contained in the Scenario Fixer Tab of ScenHack?

I ran this SQL query: select Unit, uName, uClassname, Player, OOB, OOBIndex, Nation from sdata where scenNum=595 order by unit; but found the field containing Men (among others) not available in sData.

<br>

shahadi September 14th, 2021 12:01 PM

Although I vaguely recall an sql to return scenarios by author, I am unable to find it, nor write one. Any suggestions please.

<Br>

DRG September 14th, 2021 02:13 PM

There would not be an SQL that sorts by designer/author as there is no SQL entry for designer/author name.

The only way to find all the scenarios by one person assuming they signed their name would be in the search tab of scenhack and enter the designer's name and that will search the txt file that describes the scenario. If you use

Camo Workshop

for example, you will see a number of them from early on.

zovs66 September 15th, 2021 01:02 PM

I created some txt files listing all scenarios by author but there was no demand for them. Not sure if I still have them or not.

Suhiir November 12th, 2022 12:02 AM

I seem to have screwed up something.

When I attempt to use Scenhack Scenario Utility my PC "thinks" for a couple seconds then nothing happens. It seems the utility can't find the "scenario" folder.

Checking further the scenario I want to edit IS NOT listed in the WinSPMBT "Scenarios" folder tho I can "Play SPMBT" and use the "Editor" button to find/access the scenerio (#960) I'm creating.

???

DRG November 12th, 2022 04:45 AM

Need some clarification....... can you see the other scenarios using Scenhack or is it that Scenhack will just not load at all ?

If yes you can see other scenarios then since you can see it in the game using the game editor try re-saving it in another slot

If no , check your main game folder for ScenHackMBT.EXE and try running it from there

I "assume" you are trying to load scenhack through Game Options?

Suhiir November 12th, 2022 06:48 AM

SceneHack didn't seem to be loading at all. I tried running it directly from the game folder, same result.

I managed to fix whatever the problem was by rebooting, SceneHack is working just fine now.

Very odd.

DRG November 12th, 2022 08:52 AM

OK, lesson learned for everyone.

If something doesn't work that had always worked in the past and nothing else has changed REBOOT your computer and try again

There are a large number of DLL's included in the main game folder and Scenhack uses many of them. Normally if one is missing a message flashes that tells you which one it could not find. In this case for whatever reason, it did not run.

I had ASSUMED you had tried rebooting before reporting