.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Mods (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   Hesco Infantry Base MoD 1.0 (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=49938)

Cross August 25th, 2013 03:35 PM

Hesco Infantry Base MoD 1.0

1 Attachment(s)
This mod replaces one multi-hex stone building icon with an infantry platoon sized Hesco base (not for vehicles).

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...en.print.2.png

HOW TO USE THIS MOD (after installing)

Go to the Map Editor
Click on Special Building button
Scroll to: Factory – Multiple Hex
Place a factory on the map and scroll through the factories until you see the Hesco Base

ZOOMS
Mod includes all 6 zoom levels (magnifications).

DEFENSE
The base is considered a ‘stone building’ so infantry get roughly the correct protection. My understanding is that a single Hesco will stop rifle bullets, but RPGs can get through 60” which is more than the thickness of most Hesco sizes. But RPGs can go right over the top anyway.

MAP MAKING
If you make a map using this Hesco base mod, and share the map with other players, they will also need the mod in order to see the Hesco base on the map. Without the mod they will see the vanilla factory building.

NB. While you have this mod installed, any map that normally uses the vanilla multi-hex factory building (icon 30 in TER 27 shape file) will appear with the Hesco base instead.

This mod installs a backup of the vanilla shape files so you can easily switch to the vanilla building.

Before and After
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...en.print.7.png

Download
Download the attached zip file: Hesco_Base_MoD_1.0.zip

Installation
1. Unzip ‘Cross Hesco_Base_MoD_1.0.zip’ to your winSPMBT folder, and ‘replace all’:

This mod will replace these six files in your GRAPHICS folder:

TER27z0.shp
TER27z1.shp
TER27z2.shp
TER27z3.shp
Ter27z4.shp
TER27z5.shp

but only replaces one building (icon 30 in TER 27).

Your Graphics folder is located here:
winSPMBT/Game Data/Graphics

This mod will install a back up of the original shape files in a folder in your Graphics folder; so you can easily revert to the vanilla building.

FUTURE HESCO MODS
Ideally, we would have a variety of Hesco bases in different designs and sand colours.
If anyone designs additional Hesco bases - or even has ideas for Hesco base design - and wants help turning them into a mod, please contact me or post here.

There is the possibility of a Hesco hedgerow mod in the future, where Hesco can be laid out on a map instead of hedgerow. This would be ideal for larger bases and airfields that vehicles could occupy.

See this thread regarding Hesco hedgerows:
http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showt...t=49832&page=2

Shrapnel Mod Advisory:
This mod is not endorsed or supported by Shrapnel Games or The Camo Workshop.

Cross

Simicro August 25th, 2013 04:58 PM

Re: Hesco Infantry Base MoD 1.0

Hi Cross,

I am too new to winSPMBT and wargame to play with MODs (I'm too busy learning the game at this stage) however your new building looks nice!

gila August 25th, 2013 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simicro (Post 821703)
Hi Cross,

I am too new to winSPMBT and wargame to play with MODs (I'm too busy learning the game at this stage) however your new building looks nice!

Welcome!!
have fun learning "it ain't easy" take your time learning, and wait to see if you actually want to add MODs later,as they don't change how the game works much really,just eye candy really.

Simicro August 30th, 2013 05:30 PM

Thank you gila for your advice.

shahadi January 1st, 2014 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cross (Post 821700)
This mod replaces one multi-hex stone building icon with an infantry platoon sized Hesco base (not for vehicles).

FUTURE HESCO MODS
Ideally, we would have a variety of Hesco bases in different designs and sand colours.
If anyone designs additional Hesco bases - or even has ideas for Hesco base design - and wants help turning them into a mod, please contact me or post here. Cross

My next idea for a "Hesco" design is to model a typical Afghani village compound. The layout would be similar to the current Hesco base, however, replace the tents inside the base with buildings.

The following depicts an Afghan compound using level 1 hills, then placing single stone buildings inside. One big problem is height, the building elevations are not higher than the level 1 hills so platoon members have an obstructed view of the surrounding space (non if the surrounding is level.) I would like a shp file similar to the Hesco base but depicting an Afghani compound similar to the pic below:

Most of the Afghan operations involve securing an Afghani compound for SBF or overwatch position, thus an Afghan scenario would benefit from Afghan compound and a Hesco base as well.

Is it possible to elevate the buildings higher than the level 1 hill?

All comments/suggestions appreciated.

Imp January 2nd, 2014 06:10 PM

Takes a bit of time as have to set each hex individually but why not use hedgerows.
Set to height 5 & density 20 as a guess for starting point if you want LOS across them.

shahadi January 2nd, 2014 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imp (Post 823415)
Takes a bit of time as have to set each hex individually but why not use hedgerows.
Set to height 5 & density 20 as a guess for starting point if you want LOS across them.

Hmm... how to set height and density?

Thx

Imp January 3rd, 2014 02:32 AM

Hex height *
Obstacle Height <
Density >

shahadi January 3rd, 2014 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imp (Post 823419)
Hex height *
Obstacle Height <
Density >

Can you point me to the documentation?

Imp January 4th, 2014 02:45 AM

Map editor help files though < > are new so may not have been added in which case will be in patch notes