.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Dominions 3: The Awakening (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Luck : +1 => Turn 2 => lab destroyed event !!! (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=34760)

Eressil3 May 19th, 2007 08:33 AM

Luck : +1 => Turn 2 => lab destroyed event !!!

I was testing a bless in SP. I took
order 0
prod 3
cold 3
growth 1
luck 1
magic 1.

Turn two => event : lab destroyed !

On turn 1, I did not recruit a mage. So no more mage to build another lab = unable to recruit even one mage until I empower some random guy or until my pretender free himself from his imprisonment !!! And since I got no mage, finding magic site is even harder LOL !

The game was early screwed with *positive* scales beside cold !!! I'm happy it didn't happen in MP !

I wonder what are the "chances" to be so unlucky ?
Did something similar happen to you with luck (not misfortune) ?

Edi May 19th, 2007 08:38 AM

Re: Luck : +1 => Turn 2 => lab destroyed event !!!

Never had my lab burn down on turn 2, but this is the reason why the first commander you recruit should ALWAYS be a mage if you have a dormant or imprisoned pretender. It's easier to prophetize some ranodm schmuck than make a mage out of one.

Jazzepi May 19th, 2007 11:33 AM

Re: Luck : +1 => Turn 2 => lab destroyed eve

Hilarious.

Jazzepi

MaxWilson May 19th, 2007 12:39 PM

Re: Luck : +1 => Turn 2 => lab destroyed eve

You're actually not totally sunk if your lab burns down; you just need to buy a mercenary and have him build a lab.

-Max

Eressil3 May 19th, 2007 06:32 PM

Quote:

Edi said:
Never had my lab burn down on turn 2, but this is the reason why the first commander you recruit should ALWAYS be a mage if you have a dormant or imprisoned pretender. It's easier to prophetize some ranodm schmuck than make a mage out of one.

With my pretender imprisoned in MP, I did my best expansions by recruiting cheap commanders to ferry as most troops as I could to my independants neighbours - not by recruiting mages. Oviously it may vary depending the nation you're playing.
And since noone here seems to complain about such event so early, I think I'll take the risk again http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/image...ies/stupid.gif

mivayan May 20th, 2007 03:26 AM

Quote:

Eressil3 said:
Turn two => event : lab destroyed !

Ouch.

I thought in dom3, there was some protection, that some really bad events couldn't happen on turh 2-3. lab loss could be among the worst... wonder what events are restricted... maybe attacks from the ancient precence, bogus or knights?

K May 20th, 2007 01:52 PM

Attacks are probably restricted, as are the ones that drop your dominion (to prevent an auto-dominion kill on turn 3).

Edi May 20th, 2007 02:37 PM

I don't know that any events are restricted. I've had barbarian horde on turn 2. In Dom2 I once got knights on turn 2, which really shut my game down pretty damned effectively. Don't know that any of that has been toned down in Dom3.

Nick_K May 20th, 2007 05:53 PM

I thought that the whole point of the event restrictions was to stop people losing their labs right at the start. If you lost on on turn 2, then maybe there's an issue there

Edi May 20th, 2007 05:59 PM

If you lost the lab on turn 2, it's your own damned fault for not recruiting a mage. It also means you got pretty damned unlucky, but that's neither here nor there. Sometimes you really do roll the snake eyes three times in a row, as it were.