.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   WinSPMBT (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Vehicle reverse ( 8 key) question for all players (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=52961)

DRG March 15th, 2023 04:33 PM

Re: Vehicle reverse ( 8 key) question for all players

This is going to be a tough one to sort out because everyone seems to get different results
The tanks I tested where on clear terrain and had not moveed...... that is about as "OK" as you can get

DRG March 15th, 2023 04:35 PM

I just took another one, moved it three hexes in clear terrain then pressed 8 and it did back up...... on the forth increasingly longer press of the 8 key

DRG March 15th, 2023 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zovs66 (Post 854013)
So far I could only get it to work on MBT, but not in WW2 in version 14 or 15, but I swear I have before in WW2.

I had been testing MBT but I just checked WW2 and FOR ME....it acts just like MBT... they will reverse but not just with a quick press of 8

zovs66 March 15th, 2023 07:27 PM

As DRG posted I just started new scenarios and tried to 8 key them, clear, desert and woods.

geoff March 15th, 2023 08:40 PM

tap the 8 key. I'm on windows 10, 64 bit desktop, Intel processor.

geoff March 15th, 2023 08:43 PM

and I should have said that's in the paid version of MBT

DRG March 16th, 2023 07:18 AM

It would appear that for currently unknown reasons some people can just tap the 8 key and after a brief pause the vehicle will reverse but some people have to hold the key down until the vehicle reverses.... WHY ? IDK but all PC's are different and there are multiple ways even win 10 could be running on different machines depending on if auto updates are allowed.

All I know for 95% certainty is when Andy first coded this we both observed the same behaviour and now we don't but he's now using a newer computer with win 11 and I'm using an older one with win 10 and that *might* be part of the reason........or not. I have found with repeated tests on a bare summer map that in many/most cases I only need to hold the 8 key down for at most a second before the vehicle reverses but I have seen it delay up to a 15 count

Weirdness

THAT SAID I turned my machine on this morning and was informed I could restart to update the OS and I have found over and over that if my machine starts to act a bit odd there's a windows update coming so it was with great interest that after the update I tried reversing tanks again but the result was much the same but I did not have any the require a really long press

Weirdness

whdonnelly March 16th, 2023 10:20 PM

FWIW I'm using a updated WIN 11 and the paid version of SPMBT. Just tapping #8 gives me immediate backup response.

zovs66 March 17th, 2023 04:00 AM

FWIW I thought everyone uses the “paid for version” I have been using the paid for version for a decade.

zovs66 March 17th, 2023 06:01 AM

For some reason can't edit my posts, it just spins.

Mean to say decade and a half.