.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   WinSPWW2 (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   Snipers (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=52851)

RVPERTVS March 30th, 2022 10:10 PM

Snipers

I've been noticing that the game doesn't notify anymore during replay when snipers are killed. I mean, I do get notified when they're killed during my turn, but not my opponent during replay and vice versa. It has happened in different games against different opponents, all V14 FS PBEMs. Is it a known bug?

DRG March 31st, 2022 03:49 AM

Re: Snipers

This is the first we've heard of it. I RARELY ever use replay so I cannot say for sure what is "normal" and what is not

Need exact details regarding who is and who isn't seeing what they expect to see

Mobhack March 31st, 2022 04:23 AM

I presume you may mean your own troops? (because you spotted that your own sniper died with no fanfare?) - if so, and they were done in with area fires then no kill message is printed for unspotted troops.

That's been the case since DOS days and I changed the kill reporting code - there is no "free recce by shellfire". Otherwise if your unspotted sniper would die then your PBEM opponent would also see the kill message since all messages are global in the game.

RVPERTVS April 1st, 2022 03:09 PM

Yes, my own troops. The last time it happened my opponent killed one of my snipers with an opfire attack during my turn; I got the notification but he didn't during his replay. The same has happened to me when watching my opponents' replays.

RetLT April 1st, 2022 03:14 PM

Can't say if this happens in PBEM but I can confirm that in single player mode I have always been advised if an enemy or friendly sniper is killed.

DRG April 1st, 2022 03:39 PM

It will IF you have eyes on the unit. You will see a message if it was indirect fire that killed him but the opponent will not see that message

Show us a save game where a sniper was killed that could be seen by the enemy but there was no report in replay about that and we'll look into it

RVPERTVS April 1st, 2022 07:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Watch replay. I'm sending PM with password since it's an ongoing game. That's the only one I could find right now. I believe that's one instance of the issue, as I can't reload it to confirm.

Mobhack April 1st, 2022 08:25 PM

the saved game failed to load - likely since the OOBs have changed since here since last years issue.

Mobhack April 1st, 2022 08:47 PM

But the OOBs on my dev machine wont be V14... since we are about to release the update.

I might run it through the debugger and jump some hurdles to bypass the tests, but right now the broken shoulder is giving me gyp. Maybe another day when the muscles have healed, but not up to keyboard use that much for the next 6-8 weeks or so.

RVPERTVS April 1st, 2022 08:55 PM

Oh, I get it! Not a problem. I'm sorry to hear about your shoulder; I wish you a fast recovery.