.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=140)
-   -   WIP campaign 29th Infantry division (testers appreciated) (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=48668)

Ts4EVER April 13th, 2012 10:40 AM

WIP campaign 29th Infantry division (testers appreciated)

DOWNLOAD OF LATEST VERSION ON PAGE 4

Hi
I am currently working on a campaign about the US 29th Infantry. This is my first campaign, so I'm still kind of learning the ropes. If anyone is interested, you may play the first 8 scenarios of the campaignm covering the initial fighting on omaha beach, the assault on St. Lo and the capture of Vire. Scenarios about the battle for Brest and the Siegfried line campaign will be added in the future.
If you play it, it would be nice to get some feedback on the scenarios, especially on time constraints (too much, too little?) and the effect of repair points. Generally speaking, I want the player to operate with an understrenght force for much of the first scenarios, but I don't want the repair points to be so limited as to lead the player into a dead end, where his force is completely pinned at the start of a scenario.
Final victory conditions are not yet set.
The force is 2nd Infantry bataillon, 116th regiment.
The first scenario is just for organisation, I will probably replace it with something nicer later, like embarkation in England or something. ATM it's a placeholder.

Cameronius April 13th, 2012 01:46 PM

Re: WIP campaign 29th Infantry division (testers appreciated)

I'll give it a go.

Cameronius April 13th, 2012 03:30 PM

Looks like your zip is missing the ucamp050 files. data and txt.:confused:. You may have missed putting them into your zip maker.

Ts4EVER April 14th, 2012 06:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have, sorry.
Here is the new zip with the missing files.

Ts4EVER April 27th, 2012 01:06 PM

So has anybody tried it?

Double_Deuce April 30th, 2012 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ts4EVER (Post 802895)
So has anybody tried it?

Let me get my copies patched in the next few days and I will give it a run through.

Cameronius April 30th, 2012 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ts4EVER (Post 802895)
So has anybody tried it?

I am about half way through the first scenario and am currently bogged down by real life:doh:, hope to get back to it soon.

phil74501 April 30th, 2012 09:28 PM

I came across a dvd on netflix about the 29th division, 116th regiment. Not sure what the battalion was. It was called "Bedford: The Town They Left Behind." If you're on netflix look it up, it was good.

Double_Deuce May 6th, 2012 03:09 AM

Made it to the beach, no problems. Once on the beach started taking heavy casualties. Naval support has been woefully inadequate so far however, I have managed to push some depleted Rifle and Engineer Squads past the obstacles and up to the front line of enemy trenches.

Its gonna be a long morning for 2/116. :(

Ts4EVER May 11th, 2012 02:49 PM

Everything going according to plan then.