.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Dungeon Odyssey (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   depth of play (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=14965)

ttomm46 September 15th, 2002 03:28 AM

depth of play

hi

i noticed that there are mostly opinions that are negative compared to SE1V...

how about the comparison to other shareware rpg's?

i'm really caught between buying or not to buy right now.......i'm one of those who bought runesword 2 and i found that pretty boring.

tom

dummy September 17th, 2002 01:22 AM

Re: depth of play

i dunno aboiut other rpg's, but this game kicks *** in terms of ease of learning and continued play.

I think the demo may do a disservice to the game, becuase it is not until you start reaching level 10 on that things become "interesting".

We have noticed that as our characters progress in levels, the monsters become much harder to kill (please note that we have been playing the expert level). Monsters with mana leech, life leech, and steel carapice abound- they move in good numbers and in multiple Groups.

We can usually raise about 20-30,000 exps per game- the game keeps makinh it harder as the characters get stronger, which just brings us back for more.

Rainstorm September 17th, 2002 07:54 AM

I wonder about this too. Looking at the demo, it didn't seem to have the oomph that I get from Spiderweb's Geneforge or Avernum series.

Sycless September 17th, 2002 08:19 AM

I think it gets too easy when you are over Lv.10.
My level 11 mage has some armor that boosts all his skills by 4 levels, tons of stat(hp, mp, etc)boosting items, and a ton of points in all four storms. I just click everything in sight with a storm, wait 3 secounds for my mp to go back to 400+ and bLast everything with storms again.

disabled September 17th, 2002 03:48 PM

wait until you get further into the dungeons in the game, things get harder.

McLae September 21st, 2002 08:15 PM

Did DO ship with just one module? I got my copy today, and was looking for more modules, but only the expanded demo was in the directory. When will se get more Mods?
(Pant, pant)

Also, what are the rules for getting spells at the start? In the demo, when I started as a Ranger, sometimes I started with a spell and sometimes I did not.

Atraikius September 24th, 2002 01:07 AM

Thats part of the customization, you'll see more modules come out (posted on the forum) as more people begin modding. So far the only additional module I know of is one that Rollo had made up durring beta testing; maybe he'll post it for everyone sometime.

disabled September 24th, 2002 04:35 AM

As I understand it, since MM is a one man show working on three-to-four projects at once, well, I don't blame him if it's a bit short.

The modding power of this game more than makes up for it.