.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Scenarios, Maps and Mods (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   Zombies! 1.0 (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=48731)

Soyweiser April 27th, 2012 12:18 PM

Zombies! 1.0

2 Attachment(s)
I made a small mod.

"Zombies!"

It basically gives all zombie type units (The soulless, and ghouls) an additional attack called infected bite. Any units killed by this bite get back up as soulless.

This has a few implications. The ghoul guardians of La Ulm are stronger. And arouse hunger is a lot stronger. Two of the ermorian summons that had the same attacks as ghouls also got the infectious bite, as I assumed they are actually super ghouls.

It should be compatible with most mods, apart from [MC] Skaven.

Edit: damn, cannot delete threads, I thought I was in the modding forum. Could a mod move this please?
Edit2: whoops, small bug, fixed now.

samoht April 27th, 2012 01:55 PM

Re: Zombies! 1.0

This is truly fantastic. Thank you! LA Ermor has been my favorite nation, in its various forms, ever since I first played the DomPPP demo. I'm going to fire up another game as soon as I get home... :D

Doo April 27th, 2012 06:50 PM

Like the idea of this, now to try is out.

Doo April 28th, 2012 12:38 AM

Well its not radically changed my game but its fun.

Bring on the Zombie Apocalypse!

Gandalf Parker April 28th, 2012 01:06 AM

Hmmm could be a fun game.
ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE
with a majorly boosted AI opponent on a Partial Independents map.
Ermor against all?

Knai April 28th, 2012 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gandalf Parker (Post 802951)
Hmmm could be a fun game.
ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE
with a majorly boosted AI opponent on a Partial Independents map.
Ermor against all?

Boosted or no, the AI is going to get shredded if it gets ganged up on by a bunch of players, particularly if they are coordinating well.

Soyweiser April 28th, 2012 08:40 AM

If you want to develop this mod into a nation (thought about that btw) you might want to add stronger zombies, that spawn from commanders, and add commanders that autocast darkness and the national undead attack and speeds boosts C'tis and ermor get.

For even more fun, add a third commander that autocasts quickness, fear causing battlefield spells etc. (running troops are easier to hit) fatigue causing spells etc.

But I didn't have the time to do all that yet. (This was already a bit time-consuming, somehow I put a very stupid bug in).

Anaconda April 28th, 2012 02:29 PM

This sounds very interesting flavor add-on.

If your gonna expand the idea a lot, I would suggest keeping the original, small tweak separated so those who may not be after a full-scale zombie nation or expansion might still want to add some salt and pepper to the undead, if for nothing else maybe just for the sake of the idea.

rdonj April 28th, 2012 06:06 PM

Soy - you could save a fair amount of time by stealing code from Sylvania.

Doo April 28th, 2012 10:39 PM

How about a zombie food chain, the top tough zombies generate lesser zombies when they kill, who generate lesser zombies when they kill, who generate Ghouls and longdead when they kill?