.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   SEIV (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   AI and stellar manipulation (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=40001)

DreadfulDrake August 8th, 2008 12:32 AM

AI and stellar manipulation

Hey everyone

Just wondering if the AI in SEVI can build things like ringworlds and sphereworlds.

Thanks!

Captain Kwok August 8th, 2008 01:41 AM

Re: AI and stellar manipulation

The AI doesn't build those items in SE4.

PsychoTechFreak August 8th, 2008 08:01 AM

In SEVI? We don't know yet.

Makinus August 20th, 2008 07:51 PM

Most AIs do create new planets from asteroids when the tech becomes available... i don't remember if they also created stars/cleaned up nebeula systems and other stellar manipulations...

StarShadow August 22nd, 2008 09:50 AM

The AI uses most Stellar Manipulation abilities. They do planet busting/creation, storm destruction, nebulae destruction, star destruction, and possibly star creation (not certain on this one though). They don't seem to do nebulae creation, storm creation, or construct ring/sphereworlds.

Cipher7071 December 23rd, 2008 01:26 PM

I've seen AIs open warp points as well. But they tend to pick a single system and do their warp opening from there. There was one time when an AI scared me this way. I eventually decided that the behavior was random, and not coordinated with any sort of attack plan.

Urendi Maleldil February 2nd, 2009 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StarShadow (Post 633184)
The AI uses most Stellar Manipulation abilities. They do planet busting/creation, storm destruction, nebulae destruction, star destruction, and possibly star creation (not certain on this one though). They don't seem to do nebulae creation, storm creation, or construct ring/sphereworlds.

That's interesting, I've never seen them create/destroy storms, nebulae, or stars. Is there anything I can do to encourage them to do these sorts of things?

Alikiwi February 2nd, 2009 04:05 PM

Well I've seen them create planets and warp points, but not anything else. As for encouraging them, perhaps ensure their race files require them to have at least 2 ships with the abilities? Gets costlt though on maintenance.

Black_Knyght February 3rd, 2009 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cipher7071 (Post 661793)
I've seen AIs open warp points as well. But they tend to pick a single system and do their warp opening from there. There was one time when an AI scared me this way. I eventually decided that the behavior was random, and not coordinated with any sort of attack plan.

AI controlled Romulans once opened a warp point into my home system, them blew my sun to smithereens, and me with it :eek: