.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Scenarios, Maps and Mods (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   Mod: Nation - Tomb Kings - v1.03 released (March 2009)! (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=35201)

rdonj November 6th, 2007 07:54 AM

Re: Nation Mod - Tomb Kings - Released!

I can't remember the specific names, just the ordinary independent slingers and warriors that you see. So probably what you said.

More on topic with the thread I feel it would be fun and thematic for there to be tomb kings only global spells? My tomb swarms never got to attack anything because they kept getting summoned at my mages' feet. Having a global version of that instead would be nice.

llamabeast November 6th, 2007 09:07 PM

Unfortunately modding global spells as you describe isn't possible. It's interesting you say that the tomb swarms weren't helpful to you though. They were tricky to balance, so I left them powerful but made them slow and be summoned at the mage's feet. In the right circumstances they are very powerful, e.g. against knights or even some SCs. I guess if yours never got to fight it was because you were winning the battles quickly and convincingly.

Did you have any other thoughts or comments about the mod?

rdonj November 7th, 2007 12:08 AM

Oh, I thought they were supposed to act differently because in the spell description it said that the spell could be cast at up to 25 range. I was just fighting a skaven AI so yeah... they usually routed a few turns before the swarms could get to them due to asp archer fire.

Hmm. Well, the army seems pretty thematically accurate, which is always a plus. At first I was a little put off by the lack of armor available to their troops, but it does make sense and I don't think they really need it that much.... I'm not sure if it's just me, but for some reason the priest spells seemed to give the game fairly large lag spikes, even in small engagements. I didn't get to play around much with the summons since I spent a lot of the game summoning immortals that I never used >_> They seemed pretty nasty though. While I was playing the PD seemed like it was a bit too strong against the AI, but then again, they were skaven and weren't throwing very tough troops at me for the most part. So it probably wouldn't be nearly so overpowered on nations with shields.

You did a really nice job on the graphics. Everything looks so dead and egyptian. I especially like the chariots and the tomb guard http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif

And maybe two immortals could be summoned at a time....

Sombre November 7th, 2007 02:03 AM

The AI is godawful with the Skaven, just so you know. Skaven need combined arms to win, using their chaffy troops in conjunction with battlemages, warmachines etc. AI just tosses chaff at you and builds awful skaven PD.

rdonj November 7th, 2007 02:44 AM

Yeah. I've only seen 2 warpfire throwers in two games against them. Tons of battlemages though. Towards the end they had a screaming bell casting wither bones and plenty of warlock engineers with dust to dust, so at least that's something.

llamabeast January 27th, 2008 10:11 AM

I was just wondering if anyone had played this recently, and had any comments. I've been neglecting it a little, but am up for adding stuff again now. I'm actually really keen to play Tomb Kings in MP as well - might organise it soon (once some of my 5(!) current games finish).

Saulot February 7th, 2008 08:59 PM

I've been playing and enjoying Tomb Kings. I'm kind of busy this week (and I got distracted last week by the patch / bogarus), but I think I'm going to get back to it, and do a short review of it either next week or the weekend after. Hope that helps.

llamabeast February 7th, 2008 09:05 PM

Cool, that would be very helpful.

HoneyBadger February 12th, 2008 07:16 PM

I had an idea for a Pretender: Living Curse.
immortal, dom 2, 1 death, 1 blood, 80 points for new path.
Fear 0 (plus bonus for death), 1 hp, att 25, def 15, prot 0. 1 attack-range 1 touch causes curse, decay, and weakness.
Casts Darkness at the beginning of battles. Causes unrest. Etherial, Flying, Stealth 25. move 3 battlemove 30. Blind. No slots. Cost: 125.

Shaped like a living cloud of darkness with a crimson center.

Description:
"For thousands of years the souls of unquiet dead have stood guard over the treasures of the Tomb Kings. That has been their only purpose, their only salvation and path to Paradise. That purpose has become their religion, and from the strength of their unending vigilance a malevolent entity has arisen. A cloud of sacred hatred and holy greed which has, over the centuries, gained a malevolent sentience, and now, out of a will to possess the very world around it, seeks to become a god. Death flies on swift wings!"

DrPraetorious February 12th, 2008 07:23 PM

Make it domstr 2, prot 0, and price it at 125.