.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Space Empires: IV & V (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Ye New Galactic Bar & Grill & Phong's Head Cantina - After Hours (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=6576)

Puke August 20th, 2002 10:36 AM

Re: Ye New Galactic Bar & Grill & Phong\'s Head Cantina - After Hours

Quote:

Originally posted by Growltigga:
I think it is only fair that we stuff him with oranges, lemons and chillis, baste him in a honey, garlic and chilli rub and oven bake for a couple of hours. Serve up with a light salad and some San Francisco sour dough and with a glass of napa valley chardonnay?

Anyone up for that?

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">sounds great, and couldn't be more appropriate. be sure and get the rub underneath the skin, so the flavor can soak in.

Growltigga August 20th, 2002 10:54 AM

sounds great, and couldn't be more appropriate. be sure and get the rub underneath the skin, so the flavor can soak in.

No no no no NO, to get the rub to permeate the meat and to soften the flesh, you cut small slits into it and ensure the rub is well put into this.

I am assuming your meat is quite tough Puke, except maybe the buttocks which I am told could be quite tender

PS Puke, go to bed

dogscoff August 20th, 2002 11:44 AM

When this thread gets too big, I suggest that the next one be called "The New Geo's Head Olde New Galactic Cannibal Bar & Grill"...

Growltigga August 20th, 2002 11:46 AM

Nahhh, we will call it "Blimpers"

Puke August 20th, 2002 12:44 PM

if we change the name, do we have to give up the phong's head shaped drinking mugs?

Growltigga August 20th, 2002 12:56 PM

El Vomito, no, infact your are the only one who still has a drinking mug in the shape of a Phong's head. Mac has a stein, Dogscoff has an effete champagne flute with one of them curly straws (and he drinks halves of shandy with his little finger sticking out), I have a beachbabe shaped mug, Taz has a bowl, Gryphin has a mug in the shape of a comical set of breasts etc

Shouldn't you be in bed yet?

dogscoff August 20th, 2002 02:10 PM

Quote:

i used to have a phongs head stein, but the lid just conjured up vile imagry of quaffing cerebral fluid from a lobotomized phong. so i had it removed. now its a mug.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Anyone remember the Slaine comics in 2000AD? Slaine was this really cool celtic beserker & warrior-king who used to take the "brain-balls" (Ie cerebral cavity) of his enemies to use as drinking vessels=-)

It was all (well, apart from the aliens and time travel and stuff) based around real Celtic history/ legend, so that may have been a real custom back in celtic Britain.

Slaine was cool. "Kiss my Axe."

Growltigga August 20th, 2002 02:12 PM

Is 2000AD still around? I use to love FLESH, Judge Dredd, the Strontium Dog, the one about the GI's, the VC's

Slaine was excellent, I remember him fighting all these Fomorian devils, excellent

I always wondered about skulls as drinking vessels. YOu would have to block up all the holes asa the beer/lemonade/whatever would run out wouldn't it

[ August 20, 2002, 13:14: Message edited by: Growltigga ]

dogscoff August 20th, 2002 06:51 PM

2000AD: Don't know if it's still around or not. I used to love the Dredd strips the most, especially the semi-humorous ones. Slaine and Rogue trooper were also great, and I remember a good C64 game based on Nemesis the Warlock (you had to kill enough bad guys to stack up the bodies to reach the higher parts of the level=-)

While we're in comicland... let me see if these names spark any conversation:

Doomlord (Skull-faced alien disintegrates bad guys, dies regularly and has to be regenerated at the cost of a human life, generally treads a fine moral line on a weekly basis, then comes home and has a cup of tea with his landlady=-)

The 13th Floor: Max, the attendant AI in a block of flats, brings about hideous hypnotic deaths to anyone harming his tenants. Great stuff...

And of course, Dan Dare. There's talk of a Hollywood movie or something. Has the potential to be an utter travesty...

Quote:

YOu would have to block up all the holes asa the beer/lemonade/whatever would run out wouldn't it
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If I was drinking from a human skull, I don't think I'd be drinking lemonade. Beer, maybe, but I think "whatever" is the most likely option.

[ August 20, 2002, 17:54: Message edited by: dogscoff ]

mac5732 August 20th, 2002 08:56 PM

Mac, drinking a brewski watching the goings on with the Puke Corpse and Member Puke, shaking his head as the Puke Corpse is put on the rotating spit over hot coals on the Patio, hmmm,
appears to be quite of few of Dogscoffs minions hanging around the pit..... and Barry eyeing them with drooling anticipation.... I wonder if they Tip???

OT question, How do you get drones to move en masse, Shift-clik or ???

just some ideas a vacation recovering Mac

[ August 20, 2002, 19:58: Message edited by: mac5732 ]