.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Mods (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   Misc. Icons and Pics (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=50762)

Suhiir December 5th, 2015 11:11 AM

Re: Misc. Icons and Pics

Pretty.

DRG December 5th, 2015 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suhiir (Post 832233)
Pretty.

There is absolutely nothing "pretty" about an AAV-7............I'm surprised it never picked up the nickname "Bubba"

Lipstick on a pig..........:D

Suhiir December 5th, 2015 05:09 PM

Surprisingly to the best of my knowledge the vehicle never got a nickname, like for instance the A-10 being called the "Warthog". Closest I've ever heard was them referred to as "P7's", "C7", or "R7" based on the variant.

Suhiir December 7th, 2015 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scorpio_rocks (Post 830904)
I can't be the only person to do "convoy" style scenarios (can I?) so a Gun Truck is always a welcome addition!

Actually I'm working s-l-o-w-l-y on a campaign that centers around a convoy making it's way from Bagdad to the coast in the wake of an ISIS coup.

Scenario #1: Bagdad; rescue and collect various allied embassy staff and civilians, mount up your vehicles (you start with crews in garrison), get the hell off the map before you're cut off or overwhelmed by the mob. Since there's no way to give units a negative point value you "win" the scenario by losing, because if you slaughter essentially unarmed civilian protesters you get your picture in the news ... and not in a good way. Actually armed opposition units have their point value set to zero so you don't lose points killing them.

Scenario #2: Iraqi military base; part of your CORE force is involved with training with Iraqi units, one reason ISIS staged the coup now, your command is split. A chaotic free-for-all as loyal and disloyal units are scattered all over the place. Try to salvage as many loyal Iraqi units as possible to expand your CORE and of course get yourself USMC units off the map with minimal losses.

Scenario #3: Bagdag airport: the final part of your CORE is at the airport with your aircraft and helos. Hold off the assault as the rest of your CORE (that survived scenarios #1 and #2) race to the rescue.

Scenario #4: Highway to Hell: Get your convoy across the map intact.

Scenario #5: Bloody River: You need at least one bridge intact as tanks and trucks don't float and you have no bridging equipment. Or abandon them ?!?

Scenario #6: Highway to Hell Part 2: More ambushes on your convoy.

Scenario #7: Rearguard: Your previous battles have allowed a sizable opposition force to catch up to your convoy, "enjoy" a rearguard action!

Scenario #8: Grind Them Beneath our Treads: ISIS acquired a LOT of Iraqi armor, and everyone knows the USMC has all of four tanks (minus any lost in previous scenarios). Can your depleted battalion survive an armored brigade assault?

Scenario #9: Homecoming: The port is in sight! Use aircraft and naval artillery to break contact and get your convoy to safety.

Suhiir December 11th, 2015 08:47 PM

DRG,

Been going to ask. Are the LSVR and HUMMWV with a trailer icons going to be included in the 2016 patch?

DRG December 12th, 2015 12:31 AM

They are on the list to investigate, when I get time , I will

Don

scorpio_rocks December 12th, 2015 06:19 AM

@ DRG,

Did you find time to add your own Lynx Wildcat too?

DRG December 12th, 2015 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scorpio_rocks (Post 832317)
@ DRG,

Did you find time to add your own Lynx Wildcat too?

modified yours

scorpio_rocks April 20th, 2016 11:11 PM

Fantastic to see a couple of improved versions of these made it into the game :D.

Icon # 3996. RN Lynx Wildcat
Icon # 7973 LVS green
Icon # 7974 LVS desert

Thanks Don!

MarkSheppard May 1st, 2016 12:07 AM

5 Attachment(s)
I've been working on a SP Icon Database once again, and I took the time to add to PlasmaKrab's old M8 Buford AGS set by:

Adding a Winter Icon for it.

Adding a Level 3 Armor Icon Set for it (Level II Armor is pretty much indistinguishable from Level I at the scale of SP Icons)

Doing good LBMs for all three levels of armor (I/II/III).

Next thing:

Calculate protection from known constraints (size of vehicle and mass/performance levels)

Level I against splinters (18,052 kg combat weight) -- base aluminium armor

Level II against armor piercing small arms and small cannon fire (20,820 kg combat weight) -- titanium applique plates.

Level III against cannon up to 30mm (23,586 kg combat weight) -- ERA + Spaced Armor Modules?