.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Space Empires: IV & V (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Ye New Galactic Bar & Grill & Phong's Head Cantina - After Hours (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=6576)

David E. Gervais January 8th, 2003 02:29 AM

Re: Ye New Galactic Bar & Grill & Phong\'s Head Cantina - After Hours

Quote:

Originally posted by growltigger:
..amaretto di sarono which I thought was a body rub to be applied to nude Italian supermodels
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">hmmm, Great idea, Thank Hugh! Thank yew very much! http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

David E. Gervais January 8th, 2003 02:53 AM

..of all the Joints in all the worlds, why do I keep coming back to this one? ..I sit at my usual table by the window and listen to the fake rain spilling on the glass. Sam is on the piano again, playing music by ripping out the cords. (most people think he's just releasing a bit of rage and liked to target the piano, but after all these years, I noticed that he always rips out the cords in the same order, aaaah a sweet melody.) Most of the 'beings' that frequent this bar are like that, projecting one image on the outside while cultivating another on the inside. Which is not to say they're two-faced (although some of the 'beings' actually are!) the 'Regulars' here are a great bunch. I guess that's why I keep coming back to 'The Joint'

It's a good name, "The Joint"! it has many hidden meanings, like.. to, it, in, on, no, not, none, hi, hit, hot, hint, join, jet, jot, tone, tint, tin, thin, ten, net, one, jone, john, etc.. I wonder how many 'hidden meanings' are in "The Cantina".. hmmm,..

Cheers!

[ January 07, 2003, 13:13: Message edited by: David Gervais ]

Growltigger January 8th, 2003 12:09 PM

Growltigga watches in mild disgust as David Gervais, providing ample evidence of the inability of colonials (excluding antipodeans) to hold their drink, slumps to the table...

Growltigga provides a full pardon for Raging Deadstar, and Queries his views of Manchester given the number of ethnic restaurants in Carlisle...

The Byzantine horde comes charging back towards Growltigga, carrying a struggling Rags dressed as a giant frog....

Hmmm thinks the great cat, David Gervais has never experienced the thrill of being one of the hunted so the prone Canadian is tied onto Rag's back, who is then given a 20 second head start....

Barry gets to lead the chase, as Growltigga is retiring to his office to ahem, experiment with the stress and tolerance levels of the Kylie Minogue clone.....

David E. Gervais January 8th, 2003 01:56 PM

..the bumpy ride quickly brings Me to my senses, as Rags turns a corner and moves out of sight I flex and the restraining bonds fly off. Man, Gt needs to find out that ductape is much stronger than rope! I grab Rags by the arm and pull him aside next to the 40 foot sheer metal wall. "Hold on to my shoulders Rags, we're going up!" "what? that's impossible!" Rags exclaims. But sure enough I manage to carry him all the way up the slick metal wall with no problems. Once on top of the wall, we hunch down and watch the band of 'Chasers' rush past. Now we turn the tables on Gt, Rags you got any ideas?...

David E. Gervais January 8th, 2003 03:49 PM

..I shake my head and look at the ground beneath my feet.. The 40 foot wall is intact, it was all an illusion,.. omg Gt is a telepathic demi-god, he's been toying with my mind and the minds of all the other posters and lurkers alike. No wonder he so quickly discovered my secret of being a land-lubber (although the sip of JD did help!) But thanks to my above-average mental abilities I was able to see through his ploy. Gt you're good, really good, you are proving to be a formitable challenge. (((I activate my telepathic-neuro-inhibitor..) that should at least buy me a bit of time to regroup..) I retreat into the RL underground to plan my counter-attack.)

..I can see you licking your chops Gt, saying "mmm fresh blood, just what I needed to train my new troops!" But, you might find that your 'absence' from these forums has put you right back into this same Category. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/icon7.gif

my my my, aren't we having fun! http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

[ January 08, 2003, 13:52: Message edited by: David Gervais ]

Growltigger January 8th, 2003 04:01 PM

Rags, exhibiting a rare example of common sense for a change, sprints off into the distance, closely followed by Barry the rabid T-Rex and the thematic armies of the East Roman Empire......

David Gervais, is left standing all alone, dazed and confused, and frantically fiddling with a new electronic item, which he mistakenly beleives will stop Growtligga from reading his mind....

"Hmmm" thinks the mighty kat, "he obviously doesn't know what a ruthless despotic homocidal loony I really am, I can't read minds, I just terminate everything with extreme prejudice"......"but obviously being British, I terminate with extreme style and always politely whilst making sure I am exceptionally well dressed whilst doing so, none of this baseball cap clad scruffy oikish canadian moose-kissing fashion I can tell you....."

Growltigga, following his arabian experience, dons his harem pants, turban a la arabian nights and claps his hands together, "David Gervais, may the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits"...

The plucky Canadian whisky swilling booze pansy starts twitching uncontrollably and gyrating frantically, some may call it dancing, and hey, maybe David Gervais does boogie like a bifurcated millipede in an acid bath but Growltigga knows the real reason....

David E. Gervais January 8th, 2003 04:08 PM

Ha!, Canadians don't have arm-pits, only under-arms! So the fleas have no choice but to turn on their master! Hahahahahaha!

**this broadcast was sent from my secure RL Underground base**

Timstone January 8th, 2003 04:11 PM

Looks like it he has you GT...

Growltigger January 8th, 2003 04:28 PM

Hmmmm....checking his medical anatomical international journal, Growltigga is not surprised to disover that whilst certain external, ahem, appendages of the average Canadian male are prone to extreme shrinkage, and that the normal brain of the average Canadian is markedly smaller than the average westerner, and that bladder control of Canadians is notably less capable than europeans, and that Canadian males who grow beards tend to look like they have just slurped on a large mug of hot chocolate, it is irreconciliable that Canadians do indeed have ARMPITS and as camel fleas are too daft to understand all the nuances of international dialects, they dont care about terminaology and are therefore happily infesting the dank pits under David Gervais' shoulders.... (rather them than me)...

Given the secret RL underground bunker, Growltigga fires up his SD "bunker buster" satellite...

Whilst looking suave, sophisticated and stylish of course (and naturally sipping on a glass of 74' Chateau Lafite Rothschild)

David E. Gervais January 8th, 2003 04:44 PM

..**Now I'm just grinning ear to ear, all nice and secure in my very Real RL Underground Base.**

Q:Are you even going to try to find my bunker Gt? I built it just for you! http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/tongue.gif

[ January 08, 2003, 14:51: Message edited by: David Gervais ]