.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Scenarios, Maps and Mods (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   Attacking Unconnected Provinces (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=47212)

Sasooli March 29th, 2011 07:00 AM

Re: Attacking Unconnected Provinces

Quote:

Originally Posted by Makinus (Post 773913)
i will not create a mod for the map as i want to be able to play it with CBM and other mods

Well as long as your mod doesn't conflict with the other ones in spell/unit IDs or something similar that shouldn't be a problem - should it?

llamabeast March 29th, 2011 07:11 AM

No, it would be fine. You just have to compare what you've done to Sombre's Mod Catalogue spreadsheet.

rdonj March 30th, 2011 05:36 PM

It should also be noted that when independent provinces get "attacked" they actually get reinforced with more units, they don't actually fight the "attackers".

Gandalf Parker March 30th, 2011 07:55 PM

Thats not entirely true. But I should have mentioned that it does sometimes. (I forgot that)

There are 3 AIs for indepts and random events. IF the AI for that attack matches the AI of the province, then it acts just like one of its own armies moving to the province. It joins the army that is there.

But if they dont match, they fight.

thejeff March 30th, 2011 08:13 PM

I have never seen them fight. Even with scouts splattered across independent provinces. I've seen plenty of provinces that have been reinforced. Of course it's easier to see those, since you don't have to be present when the event occurs.

How are these AIs assigned? Randomly? Do all of them occur as "random attack" events or only the one used for independent provinces?

rdonj March 31st, 2011 02:40 AM

I think what gandalf is saying is that if special monsters attack independents, then the two groups will fight. But if they're attacked by a random attack that would generate independents, the two groups will merge.

All I was talking about were indy provinces and indy generating attacks, as opposed to special monster groups. So as far as I can tell, what I said should be sound. Although gandalf also seems to be implying that there's a group of special monsters that will attack an indy province and then take it over, which... as far as I can tell, could only even theoretically occur in the case of the eater of the dead going berserk, and I'm not even sure about that one.

thejeff March 31st, 2011 07:30 AM

You can also attack indies with remote special monsters, Horrors, Ghost Riders, etc. Which fits what he's saying. But I don't think there are any random special monster attacks.

Calahan April 1st, 2011 04:24 AM

There is a very rare type of Indy's comprised of Unicorns, Pixies and Leprechauns, which can appear and attack regular Indy provinces, capture them, and then start building magical fantasy cities (not just forts!!). And if you capture these cities (though be warned, Pixies are tough as nuts!), you will find they contain things like libraries, factories, stables, universities etc, which you can upgrade to improve your troops, mages, and even the AI of your mages.

Sadly these Indy's are very rare and hard to trigger, so the chances of you seeing them in a normal game are zero :( Although this is intended, as they are in fact one of the many hidden Easter Eggs Illwinter has put in the game. But the good news is you can trigger them if you know how :) and luckily for you all, I do know how :D As what you need to do is....

Start by empowering a Pan to N10B10, make him an assassin with a Black Heart, and then (from here on things get tricky) every turn for 10 consecutive turns you need to Hellbind Heart an enemy mage 1st round during an assassination attempt (Note, it has to be the first round, or the counter resets). But it is also essential that the Charmed mage (Note, it has to be mage of some sort) must survive the battle against the enemy forces in the province every time. If the mage it killed, the counter is reset. (*Hint. This is why retreat orders are followed in some assassination attempts, but ignored in others)

Then after you've done this, you must send the same Pan to the Arena for another 10 consecutive turns, where he has to Charm (Note, you must not use Hellbind Heart) 3 commanders each Arena contest, all in the first round, and all 3 commanders must make it back to your capital the next turn from wherever they end up (*Hint. Use Vortex of Returning). Like the first part, this process also must be repeated for 10 consecutive turns (*Hint. You will need at least one Wish caster to wish for death matches. I personally prefer empowering WraithLord's to S9 when I need a Wish caster)

And during the 20 turns that all this is happening, you must have placed a stealth army in every province on the map, and the total stealth value of each army must be a minimum of 1,000. None of these armies must ever be discovered either, as if they are, the counter immediately resets.

As Easter Eggs go it's a tough one to get. But well worth checking out IMO if you have the spare time.

Oh, and I also have to mention that to trigger this Easter Egg you must be either EA or MA Pangaea (obviously), playing on at least a 5,000 province map, be the only human player, and up against a minimum of 15 AI nations. With all the nations in the game having to survive from the start to the moment you trigger the "I live in a fantasy world with no connection to reality" Special Indy Attack (to give it it's full name). Plus all of this has to be done within 100 turns.

Good Luck :)

(ps. I would attach a save file showing this Easter Egg, but I won't, as where's the fun in that for you guys)

Sasooli April 1st, 2011 04:56 AM

Brb, testing this.

Soyweiser April 1st, 2011 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calahan (Post 774684)
...Words Words Words...

Wow nice. I'll update the wiki!