.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Dominions 3: The Awakening (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Lanka Guide (and Mini-Blood Guide) 3.10 Patch (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=37325)

K January 5th, 2008 01:42 AM

Lanka Guide (and Mini-Blood Guide) 3.10 Patch

vvv

sector24 January 7th, 2008 12:06 AM

Re: Lanka Guide (and Mini-Blood Guide) 3.10 Patch

Good guide! I don't remember if there was already a Lanka guide around or not, but I do remember some conversation points from other posts that you could add.

1. Kala-Mukha warriors have helmets while Palankasha's do not. In some cases this makes them the better choice to recruit.

2. Yoginis are statistically your best research per gold unit, but they are not sacred so mass producing them as researchers is more expensive long term.

The guide is otherwise pretty comprehensive. The only thing I can think of that isn't in there is a sample pretender design for new players to try out Lanka for the first time. Thanks for the hard work.

Revolution January 7th, 2008 02:53 AM

Quote:

K said:
they cut through indies and other poor units like a hurricane.

Here I am....ROCK YOU LIKE A HURRICANE!

nice guide

mathusalem January 7th, 2008 05:58 AM

Quote:

K said:
Lanka Guide(and Mini-Blood Guide) 3.10 Patch
Author: K

[...]

-Flyers carrying blood slaves are the best way to bring blood slaves into battles. Just make sure your flyers appear next to your blood mages.

Do you mean Blood slaves are shared between all your mages on the battlefield ?

Micah January 7th, 2008 07:04 AM

Not quite, blood slaves are shared, but only with nearby mages. Not sure what the range is, but I'd guess somewhere between 1-3 squares away. It's pretty short.

Aethyr January 8th, 2008 01:59 AM

Quote:

Micah said:
Not quite, blood slaves are shared, but only with nearby mages. Not sure what the range is, but I'd guess somewhere between 1-3 squares away. It's pretty short.

Huh. Good info, I'm not sure that I've ever noticed that this was the case.

K January 8th, 2008 02:42 AM

Yes, putting blood slaves next to blood mages, even if they come from a non-mage character, means that the blood mage will use them.

I'll add the info about the helmets and the Yogini. I don't think either are truly important details, but for completeness's sake they should be tossed in.

Glad everyone liked the guide. I spend a good chunk of two days of vacation, and I was worried no one was going to read it.

As for the builds, I find that several builds work well with Lanka and their individual effectiveness depends heavily on play style and game parameters, so even a sample build would be misleading.

Agrajag January 8th, 2008 07:11 AM

Very interesting read.
Do you intend to fix the incomplete sentences? (like "For people concerned that Berserking ")
And if you do, please highlight the "fix" in some way, so I'll just reread the missing part http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif

sector24 January 8th, 2008 02:11 PM

Yeah, honestly your guide is pretty comprehensive. The only reason I made any suggestions is because without them there's really not much reason to post.

Hey...nice guide...uh....cya!

parcelt January 8th, 2008 03:42 PM

Thanks for writing this guide, K. I had been looking for one on Lanka, and this one is very helpful indeed!