.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Dominions 3: The Awakening (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Does the spell rage work on monster type units like elephants and trogolytes? (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=41347)

Remmy November 21st, 2008 12:01 AM

Does the spell rage work on monster type units like elephants and trogolytes?

Also when something has had rage cast on them what chance is there of the unit attacking its buddies?

WingedDog November 21st, 2008 03:10 AM

Re: Does the spell rage work on monster type units like elephants and trogolytes?

Yes it does.
The chance depends on magic resistance of targetted unit, skill of the mage casting spell and penetration boosters caster wears. The formula is in manual, page 86.
In fact elephants and troglodytes have very low magic resistance, so they are perfect targets for this spell.

Trumanator November 21st, 2008 03:39 AM

Re: Does the spell rage work on monster type units like elephants and trogolytes?

Plus they're tramplers, making them even better targets.

Sombre November 21st, 2008 04:28 AM

I didn't think rage caused units to attack their buddies or use trample.

I thought it was just a chance of them attacking themselves.

WingedDog November 21st, 2008 04:37 AM

The effect of rage and confusion is the same. Affected units atack closest target no matter if it friend or foe.

2 Trumanator
The elephants are usually put in large group away from other units, so they wouldn't trample anyone - they just would fight with themselfs.

capnq November 21st, 2008 08:47 AM

I don't think it is "attack closest"; it's more like "attack whatever you blunder into while randomly staggering about".

Sombre November 21st, 2008 12:19 PM

Rage definitely causes units to attack themselves.

I was unsure if it also caused them to attack others, but I'm certain they attack themselves, which I haven't seen for confused units.

Kristoffer O November 21st, 2008 03:30 PM

Themselves? Like:
-'Take that stupid nose', *fist hits nose*
-'Why, you little snotfist' *sneeze hits fist*

Or like:
- 'Take that you stupid imp', *imp hits imp*
- 'Why, you little imp', *imp hits imp*

To my knowledge they attack anyone close. Be it friend or foe, but not hitting their heads with their own hammers.

Tifone November 21st, 2008 03:50 PM

If that's not this way, KO, it needs definitively to become!! :D