.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Scenarios, Maps and Mods (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   mod questions (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=39969)

Aezeal August 5th, 2008 07:00 PM

mod questions

1. can you give recruitable/summonable troops magic misc items?
2. can you change the flying ship to be non-unique (and maybe have another name) ?
3. can you change the background for battles (totally black would even be acceptable to start with)? (in this case it would be sea and deep sea that would need to change.

Aezeal August 6th, 2008 02:25 PM

Re: mod questions

or can I give units the flying ship ability to "carry" loads of units

Edi August 8th, 2008 10:15 AM

1) After you forge the items and they are commanders, yes. If you mean "appear with equipment", no.
2) Yes. See item modding and changing construction level
3) No.
4) No.

Aezeal August 8th, 2008 02:22 PM

hard to work around this...

Aezeal August 8th, 2008 07:52 PM

Can you make it so you get new pop types for sea provinces
(so no more mermen but 2-3 types of new to be created aliens/spaceships and their commanders?)

NTJedi August 9th, 2008 03:25 AM

Quote:

Aezeal said:
Can you make it so you get new pop types for sea provinces
(so no more mermen but 2-3 types of new to be created aliens/spaceships and their commanders?)

You cannot create new poptypes.

The only current option is to mod the existing units of existing poptypes.

Aezeal August 12th, 2008 03:11 PM

hmmmm so I'd need to change the mermen to completely new stats and new picture? (not that much of a problem since they shouldn't be used in Dominions 3000) but a HECK of a lot of work

Can I then make it so that I don't have to edit ALL possible creatures that populate the sea but that they all just (for example) 2 sorts of pop types I will change?

Aezeal August 12th, 2008 04:27 PM

Are there ranged weapons that work underwater? I need to know which to copy them if they exist,

or is there a command to add that option to a weapon, I can't see it in the mod docs

JimMorrison August 12th, 2008 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aezeal (Post 630411)
Are there ranged weapons that work underwater? I need to know which to copy them if they exist,

or is there a command to add that option to a weapon, I can't see it in the mod docs

Ethereal Crossbow does. So does the Mind Blast ranged ability. Not sure what else, but those should be good for starters.

Aezeal August 12th, 2008 04:35 PM

hmmm thanks, however it creates a new problem...

I need numerous weapons that need to fire in space.... and there is only a select weapon option, no copy weapon stats.. so I can't make numerous weapons able to fire in space (water that is)..

any suggestions to find a way around this?