.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=140)
-   -   272 Assault on Gora Kaminska 9/39 (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=52543)

Champagne October 5th, 2020 07:19 PM

272 Assault on Gora Kaminska 9/39

This battle was suggested as a good one to play against the Poland AI in order to get some practice using artillery.

It's a long scenario, and, I'll have to start again. I apparently moved my 75mm light howitzers too close to the Polish because, even thought they are out of sight of the Poles, they are being pasted by Polish artillery.

Because it is a long scenario, i thought that I'd ask for some hints and tips on how to win this one. The computer player seems to have a LOT of strength in this one.

Is it balanced? Thanks for the advice.

Mobhack October 6th, 2020 02:44 AM

Re: 272 Assault on Gora Kaminska 9/39

Moved thread to the correct sub-forum.

Champagne October 6th, 2020 12:02 PM

That's fine.

Do you recall anything about this particular scenario?

DRG October 6th, 2020 02:29 PM

I don't but Ulf who built it checks in from time to time and may have something to say. The txt file for it goes back to 2005 and it was last updated in 2014.

Since it was Ulf who built it, expect it to be a challenge

RetLT October 6th, 2020 03:16 PM

1. Use your 5cm mortars for direct fire and to lay smoke to blind bunkers.

2. Spread out your arty units to make them less vulnerable to counter battery fire.

3. Use the ammo trucks to keep everyone topped off. Some of the 10.5s are not fully loaded at the start.

4. Use your mmgs to suppress the defenders and advance on them with infantry.

5. Keep your scouts out in front to spot who is shooting at you.

6. Once you have cracked the first line of defenders, use the truck and the wagons to move the 81 mortars close enough to provide direct and indirect fire into the fort.

7. Keep engineers in the front to spot mines.

8. Use your 10.5s to counter battery any Polish arty that fires.

wulfir October 8th, 2020 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Champagne (Post 848665)
Is it balanced?

I'm the guy behind that scenario.

The source used was Werner Richter's divisional history for the German 1. Inf-Div (Die 1(ostpreussiche) Infanterie-Division.

Balance is a tricky concept IMHO, historical battles are seldom very balanced - and my experience is that the skill level of players are vastly different. Some of the veteran players in this game are really, really good.

As a rule I tend to give the AI/player 2 a little bit more muscle in a scenario.

This game however offers an incredible amount of options for the player, esp. if you are willing to use the editor functions a bit.

One thing I frequently use for scenarios is making them into a small campaigns - it opens many doors, let's me deploy myself which I enjoy etc. Takes a bit getting used to but it's not hard or time consuming.