.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Multiplayer and AARs (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   MP: BSoD (Newbie, LA, CBM 1.92) [Started!] (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=48386)

Legendary League February 16th, 2012 09:21 PM

BSoD (Newbie, LA, CBM 1.92) [Started!]

Name; Blood, Astral, or Death (aka. BSoD)
Host: The land of Peruvian Llamas (aka Llamaserver)
Map: Cradle of Dominion
How Often on Turns: 24 hours quickhost to turn 24, then 36-48 hours after. We may go up to 72h or in extreme cases 96h, if the late game is that tedious.
Number of Players: A good number. I.E. I couldn't be bothered to figure one out.
Mods: CBM 1.92
Non-Standard Settings: Special Site freq. 40%; Hall of Fame entries 15; No graphs;
Victory Conditions: Last one standing (or whoever is willing to go on with the late game grind)
Diplomacy Policy: All trades are expected to be completed. It's just good sportsmanship. Everything else? Go nuts. Just keep in mind that breaking treaties may or may not earn you a reputation, both in game and out. You can also choose whether or not to keep treaties secret or announce them publically in the thread (or via message system). Doesn't do anything, of course, except makes betrayals known (and thus attaches a cost to breaking treaties). Coalitions against one nation are also allowed.

Also, you are allowed to pick LA Ermor or LA R'lyeh, just remember that doing so will likely make you an automatic diplomatic pariah. No one likes bordering those pop-killing dominions and all.

Also, the more thematic and IC you are for in-game and diplomatic messagings, the more awesome points you win (redeemable for absolutely nothing).

NATIONS (11/11)
LL (me) - LA Marignon
parone - LA C'tis
HolyDooley - LA Abysia
ShardPhoenix - LA Ulm
revenant2 - LA Ermor
Blubbernaught - LA Ryleh
Ossa - LA Patala
Russian_Comrade - LA Atlantis
schoelle - LA Midgard
mattyburn - LA Bogarus
Aderion - LA Pangaea

recon124 February 16th, 2012 11:42 PM

Re: BSoD (Newbie, LA, CBM 1.92) (recruiting!)

I'm trying to play two other games. They have not started yet. Is playing in three games very time consuming? If it is not then I would really like to join.

Groundworm February 17th, 2012 02:50 AM

From personal experience, I'd strongly recommend against starting 3 new games at once. Chances are you won't make it to endgame (or even midgame, if you're unlucky) in all three, but even 2 games that are both at turn 40 can get very time consuming. And if you make it to turn 60 or 80 in 2 or more games at once... there aren't enough hours in the day.

parone February 17th, 2012 08:49 AM

never played MP, but id love to get in. always wanted to try LA ctis

HoleyDooley February 17th, 2012 11:42 AM

T'ien Ch'i

Shardphoenix February 17th, 2012 11:45 AM

Quote:

So feel free to snatch either of the two if you feel the urge.
Then I`d like to snatch away LA Ulm. :)

Legendary League February 17th, 2012 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shardphoenix (Post 795882)
Then I`d like to snatch away LA Ulm. :)

:D

Go right ahead.

revenant2 February 17th, 2012 06:16 PM

Bone Daddy, my Ermorian pretender, informs me that he would very much like an opportunity to lay waste to this new world and feast on the entrails of his cowardly enemies.

Legendary League February 17th, 2012 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revenant2 (Post 795918)
Bone Daddy, my Ermorian pretender, informs me that he would very much like an opportunity to lay waste to this new world and feast on the entrails of his cowardly enemies.

Now we just need a R'yleh and we'll have all the popkilling fun in the world.
:p
Although given the map, it would be difficult for a primary water nation.

Also, revising the special site frequency down to 40%, from 45%. Not a tremendous difference, but it should make some.

Blubbernaught February 17th, 2012 09:19 PM

Re: BSoD (Newbie, LA, CBM 1.92) (recruiting! 5/11-12)

Then lets go for symmetry here! I'll give R'yleth a shot. We can popkill the globe! The Void is calling me.....