.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Space Empires: IV & V (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   OT: Cyber Nation (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=33362)

Combat Wombat February 15th, 2007 03:52 AM

OT: Cyber Nation

http://www.cybernations.net/

Make a nation
Join team Aqua
Set alliance to Wombat Protectorate

If you have any questions feel free to ask them here.

Randallw February 15th, 2007 07:56 AM

Re: OT: Cyber Nation

Is there a period before my nation is created?. I created it but neither I nor my nation appears when I make a search.

Combat Wombat February 15th, 2007 11:03 AM

Not sure about that, I don't think I had any problem like that for mine. What is your nation called?

Tnargversion2 February 15th, 2007 12:48 PM

Wow this is great!

Just created my nation:
New Norge based in Oslo Norway.
Belong to team Aqua; however, I couldn't find the Wombat Protectorate.

Combat Wombat February 15th, 2007 01:14 PM

goto edit my nation
goto the alliance drop down and select specify other
then type in Wombat Protectorate

aegisx February 15th, 2007 01:19 PM

the Aegis Republic has joined the Wombat Protectorate.

GuyOfDoom February 15th, 2007 03:19 PM

The mighty Talvonia has allied with the Wombat Protectorate.

Baron Munchausen February 15th, 2007 06:47 PM

And where is the Wombat Protectorate located on the map?

Combat Wombat February 15th, 2007 07:06 PM

Alliances dont have any territory. My nation however is currently based in Houston, Texas.

Baron Munchausen February 15th, 2007 07:43 PM

Ok, you've now got Hollin, a 'nation' of nerdy Tolkien fans, in your alliance. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif Now that I'm in the game, though, I suppose I'll start wanting to upgrade everything and treat it like SimCity.

Atrocities February 15th, 2007 08:31 PM

Atrocitonia as joined the Wombat Protectorate

Atrocitonia is a small and new nation at 0 days old with citizens primarily of Caucasian ethnicity who follow mixed religions. It is a backwards nation when it comes to technology and many refer to it unkindly as a 'Third World Nation'. Its citizens enjoy freedom from high taxation and as a result tend to earn more money. The citizens of Atrocitonia work diligently to produce Sugar and Rubber as tradable resources for their nation. The government has no definite position on foreign affairs at this time. When it comes to nuclear weapons Atrocitonia has no definite position and is therefore considered opposed to them. Atrocitonia has no definite position on drug use in the country at this time. Atrocitonia has no definite position on domestic issues concerning government protests in the country at this time. It has no definite position on new immigration. Atrocitonia has no definite position on free speech. Atrocitonia has no definite foreign aid at this time. Atrocitonia has no definite position on trade relations.

Atrocities February 15th, 2007 08:34 PM

How do you JOIN the protectorate?

Atrocities February 15th, 2007 08:46 PM

Oh this is an interesting game. Reminds me of Earth 2041 (?)

Baron Munchausen February 15th, 2007 08:50 PM

OK, accept my offer of a trade agreement and we're both gonna get good things. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif

Atrocities February 15th, 2007 09:01 PM

Done. I think. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif

Baron Munchausen February 15th, 2007 09:03 PM

Yep, it shows on my nation profile. This helps both our income and population happiness a little bit. We need to get important things like iron and coal to get really powerful.

Randallw February 15th, 2007 09:12 PM

I guess soemthing went wrong the first time. Anyhow Demon Island has now declared its independence.

As part of my doctrine of giving the people what they need not what they foolishly want, I am going to try and stick to my government and religion no matter what.

My nation seems to produce Iron and what appears to be bullets (Lead). It's not quite an economy based on blood and steel but it's close. I like it http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif

Atrocities February 15th, 2007 09:16 PM

We need land, infrastructure and TAX dollars. I need population.. So I guess I need land and Infrastructure to get that. Plus rich folks like to be well defended so I need to build up military. (Which makes me a target for attack.)

Baron Munchausen February 15th, 2007 09:17 PM

And now you've got a pending trade agreement from me. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif

Atrocities February 15th, 2007 09:25 PM

And one from me as well.

Randallw February 15th, 2007 09:55 PM

Baron, which are you, Hollin or Goatneckistan?

Atrocities February 15th, 2007 10:04 PM

Damn it, my population are lazy bastards!

Baron Munchausen February 15th, 2007 10:17 PM

I am 'Hollin' the Geek nation. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif If I can get Libertatis to approve the trade deal pending with him, I'll have both lumber and lead, giving me the bonus resource "scholars"! Which will make me very happy. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/laugh.gif I don't know why you need lead to have scholars, though. Could it be related to the mythical material Adminstratium? ??? http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif

Randallw February 15th, 2007 10:22 PM

Demon Island is a small and new nation at 0 days old with citizens primarily of Caucasian ethnicity whose religion is Christianity. It is a backwards nation when it comes to technology and many refer to it unkindly as a 'Third World Nation'. Its citizens enjoy freedom from high taxation and as a result tend to earn more money. The citizens of Demon Island work diligently to produce Lead and Iron as tradable resources for their nation. It is an aggressive country that some say has an itch for war. It believes nuclear weapons are necessary for the security of its people. The military of Demon Island has been positioned at all border crossings and is arresting all drug traffickers. Demon Island does not allow any form of government protests. Its armed police forces work quickly at "dissolving" any and all government protests. It's borders are closed to all forms of immigration. Demon Island detains individuals who participated in the slanderous comments about the government. The government of Demon Island has no compassion for other people of the world and does not contribute to foreign aid. The government of Demon Island will trade with any other country regardless of ethical consequences.

addendum: apparently due to my natural resources all weapons are cheaper for me.

Combat Wombat February 15th, 2007 10:43 PM

Randall Iron and Lead combo is a rare one. I may want to trade with you down the line if my current iron/lead person drops the trade with me. I think the only combo I have seen thats rarer is iron and coal, at least in team aqua.

Try to trade within the allinace first guys, if that doesn't get you what you need trade within in the team. If you trade out of the team you lose happiness bonuses from trades.

AgentZero February 15th, 2007 11:09 PM

Agentia is a small and new nation at 0 days old with citizens primarily of Caucasian ethnicity whose religion is Voodoo. It is a backwards nation when it comes to technology and many refer to it unkindly as a 'Third World Nation'. Its citizens enjoy freedom from high taxation and as a result tend to earn more money. The citizens of Agentia work diligently to produce Pigs and Water as tradable resources for their nation. The government has no definite position on foreign affairs at this time. Agentia is currently researching nuclear technology for the use of nuclear power plants but believes nuclear weapons should be banned. Plans are on the way within Agentia to open new rehabilitation centers across the nation and educate its citizens of the dangers of drug use. Agentia allows its citizens to protest their government but uses a strong police force to monitor things and arrest lawbreakers. It has an open border policy, but in order for immigrants to remain in the country they will have to become citizens first. Free speech is considered taboo in Agentia. The government gives foreign aid when it can, but looks to take care of its own people first. The government of Agentia will trade with any other country regardless of ethical consequences.

Now someone trade with me! How am I supposed to get by on pork and water?!

Renegade 13 February 16th, 2007 12:50 AM

Tyyria is a small and new nation at 0 days old with citizens primarily of Norwegian ethnicity who follow no religion. It is a backwards nation when it comes to technology and many refer to it unkindly as a 'Third World Nation'. Its citizens enjoy freedom from high taxation and as a result tend to earn more money. The citizens of Tyyria work diligently to produce Uranium and Coal as tradable resources for their nation. It is a very passive country when it comes to foreign affairs and has no interests in war. It believes nuclear weapons are necessary for the security of its people. The military of Tyyria has been positioned at all border crossings and is arresting all drug traffickers. Tyyria allows its citizens to protest their government but uses a strong police force to monitor things and arrest lawbreakers. It's borders are closed to all forms of immigration. Tyyria believes in the freedom of speech and feels that it is every citizens right to speak freely about their government. The government of Tyyria has no compassion for other people of the world and does not contribute to foreign aid. The government of Tyyria will trade with any other country regardless of ethical consequences.

Randallw February 16th, 2007 09:21 AM

Having pigs seems to decrease the cost of soldiers. I assume the soldiers live on a diet of pork and beans. It also feeds your population. Makes me wonder what happens if your nation is Jewish.

On another note now I am trading for Coal I can produce Steel. I'm half way to my blood and steel economy.

Santiago February 16th, 2007 10:06 AM

The Kingdom of Tol Erressea has joined the Wombat Protectorate. We can supply the Finest Furs and our Rubber Plantations are doing well.

aegisx February 16th, 2007 10:50 AM

So, when do we start conquering people? http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif

We currently provide Water and marble

Tnargversion2 February 16th, 2007 01:01 PM

I am having trouble with finding where to accept a trade offer.

Combat Wombat February 16th, 2007 01:28 PM

hahha I will pick out some targets this weekend if you guys really want to start getting violent about this so soon.

aegisx February 16th, 2007 02:09 PM

hehe, well we are getting pretty large, so it might be fun.

Tnargversion2 February 16th, 2007 02:21 PM

So, I just discovered that my nation is right smack in the heart of the number 38 ranked nation: Skandinavia, Orange Team, and belongs to the Independant Republic of Orange Nations.

How does this work? This nation covers a large portion of the European Area and there are there are several other nations, The Pharmacy, Black Team which belongs to the Goon Order of Neutral Shoving and is ranked #22, for example. Both of these nations land mass goes over eachother, and mine obviously is right smack in the middle. Am I taking land from them, or vice versa. And what is to stop them from snuffing my tiny, newly organizing nation.

Santiago February 16th, 2007 03:30 PM

Ranked #37,529 of 38,798 total nations

lol seems a way to go yet

Baron Munchausen February 16th, 2007 04:55 PM

Quote:

Tnargversion2 said:
So, I just discovered that my nation is right smack in the heart of the number 38 ranked nation: Skandinavia, Orange Team, and belongs to the Independant Republic of Orange Nations.

Ouch... IRON is a very strong team.

Quote:

Tnargversion2 said:
How does this work? This nation covers a large portion of the European Area and there are there are several other nations, The Pharmacy, Black Team which belongs to the Goon Order of Neutral Shoving and is ranked #22, for example. Both of these nations land mass goes over eachother, and mine obviously is right smack in the middle. Am I taking land from them, or vice versa. And what is to stop them from snuffing my tiny, newly organizing nation.

Territorial conflict does lead to war, yes. New nations are invulnerable for the first three days even if 'war is an option'. It seems likely you will have to start over in another location. But how did you discover that you are in someone else's territory? I haven't found any way to discover neighbors yet. I'd like to know if my careful attempt NOT to start in an obviously prime (and so already occupied) location has worked. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif

aegisx February 16th, 2007 05:01 PM

Does position actually matter? I figured it was more of an indication of your size, rather then an actual location that matters.

Renegade 13 February 16th, 2007 06:29 PM

That's what I thought as well.

As a side note, my population now adores me http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/laugh.gif

Arkcon February 16th, 2007 06:53 PM

I used to enjoy this site here: web page (at least until I lost my password). Warfare and alliance options are seriously limited, but there's a real tongue in cheek sense of humor to the laws and edicts you're expected to rule on.

Tnargversion2 February 16th, 2007 07:33 PM

I looked at the Top 50 Nations and there is a map with their icons.

I am assuming that these circles are more a less a representation of nation size and doesn't really depict actual land area owned. I think if that was the case the entire globe would be covered with nations and all of their territories overlapping, there would be mass chaos.

It would be neat if there was an actual border system though.

Combat Wombat February 16th, 2007 08:41 PM

I don't think anyone from IRON will goto war because you are close to them on the map. I wouldn't worry about being attacked right now. Just make sure you don't stay in peace mode because its really hinders your nations development.

Baron Munchausen February 16th, 2007 09:22 PM

Hmm, this game is turning out to be much less sophisticated than it looked. The map is really just a small factor in what is going on. It's mostly a 'spreadsheet' game of investing in your country to make it grow as fast as possible and strategizing about when to go to war, how much to prepare for defense, etc. Not bad, but not as much fun as it originally looked like.

Randallw February 16th, 2007 10:54 PM

While initially waiting for my nation to start, as I said I must have made a mistake the first time, I started getting disenchanted when I realised I couldn't conquer other countries. Now I have my own country I am sort of anxious to see how it works.

One thing that occurred to me was if there were other nations near me. Turns out there are 3 other nations in Tasmania I could find. One is a little green one in the nearby national park. My first target I think. One is up north and not really a problem for the time being, but there is a large established nation encompassing the entire island. I suppose I'll keep quiet. He won't even know I exist untill I grow so large I can defeat him. I'm not too happy with having my nation inside his though. The following won't make much sense to anyone who isn't Tasmanian but his capital is in Queenstown. Queenstown! I'm not taking orders from someone who can't even grow decent vegetation. His environament rating must be 0 since excessive mining killed off everything.

capnq February 17th, 2007 02:36 PM

Quote:

Arkcon said:
I used to enjoy this site here: web page

I played there until the events got repetitve. My country there spent almost its entire existance rated "Capitalist Paradise", with a brief excusion into "Corporate Bordello". http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/cool.gif I'm using the same country name and flag as I did there.

The Corporate State of Fiducia was founded primarily to provide a tax haven for multinational corporations. The government's top priority is to keep the economy dynamic and growing. Fiducia is centered somewhere around Buenos Aires, and produces Cattle and Wheat.

Baron Munchausen February 17th, 2007 04:46 PM

Hmm, the Wombat Protectorate is not listed in the Cyber Nations Wiki with the others:

http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Alliances

I presume that Combat Wombat himself is the founder and 'owner' of this alliance and ought to do the update?

Combat Wombat February 17th, 2007 05:31 PM

Lets hope they dont require me to register to edit the page...

edit: ok no registration required, we are now on the list of alliances and I made a one sentence place holder for the alliance page if someone else wants to elaborate they are welcome to.

Will February 17th, 2007 05:56 PM

Joined. Nation Jraenar, placed in Madagascar. I have fur and spices... meh.

Baron Munchausen February 17th, 2007 07:38 PM

Note: One member of our alliance belongs to a different team. J-Leasy is a member of Team Green. Is this allowed? Or should someone message him to switch to the right team?

Combat Wombat February 17th, 2007 09:14 PM

He is switching as soon as he can. He is stuck at green for a certin ammount of time because he voted in their senate race or something. Don't trade with him till hes in Aqua.

Baron Munchausen February 17th, 2007 11:25 PM

Yikes! Someone with more power than the whole rest of the alliance has just joined! Who is this?