.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Multiplayer and AARs (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   MP: Game,HoC - House of Chains. Corinthian wins! (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=49304)

WraithLord November 13th, 2012 11:22 AM

Game,HoC - House of Chains. Corinthian wins!

1 Attachment(s)
"So you say, with your shiny hair and pouty lips - and those breasts - just wait till you start dropping whelps, they'll be at your ankles one day, big as they are - not the whelps, the breasts. The whelps will be in your hair - no, not the shiny hair on your head, well, yes, that hair, but only as a manner of speech."
Steven Erikson, House of Chains
-----------------------------------------------------------

This is the sequel to the Memories of Ice game and will share many settings w/ it.
Main difference is the era, MA and that we will use CBM + Warhammer pack mode.

Victory condition: 50-60% of # players capital VPs. Each capital is considered to be one VP. Capitals will be marked.
Nations: All MA nations are allowed.
Mods: CBM 1.94 + WH pack mod
Map: According to players number/wish/vote.
Hosting Pace: First 15 turns every 24h, turns 15-30 48h, turn 30-45 72h, turn 45-60 96h, turn > 61 120h.
Hosting is planned for busy ppl! This means that extensions would be given when needed. If you're looking for a blitz type game or get bored when things get slow then this is probably not the game for you. Make no mistake though, I've hosted a number of such games and they all end up to have a nice pace and all draw to conclusion.
Disallowed exploits: copying Bogus' orders and overfilling enemy lab to prevent his own forge.
Killing own mages under Ankh or LaD to gain freebe mages and troops.
It's ok in a battle but it's not ok to set it up on purpose (whoever likes to do it knows what I'm talking about). Both are nerfed in CBM 1.84 so the exploit is not possible anymore.
Probing armies with scouts/commanders must be done in such a way so as not to block movement.
Hosted on llamaserver.
Diplomacy allowed.
Note: As a lesson from previous games I would like to raise your attention to the fact that diplomacy is allowed. Some of the players don't enjoy that aspect all that much and may see it as a chore. As a general rule, in diplo. games you should be ready and willing to engage in diplomacy (duh ). I mean you can opt not to but then don't be surprised if you're left w/o allies or that your political ends or views are not met/popular.
That said, NAP's are not considered binding
Note: This game is planned for players that will stick to the end. So please pay attention, don't go AI, don't chain stale. If you want out, please take the trouble to find yourself a sub. Your fellow players would appreciate that.

Graphs: on
HoF: 15
Indies: 9
Map: Sharivar (Sombre version, balanced for MP)
# of players: 8-12, maybe a bit more if players want to
Research: Normal
Magic sites: Normal

road-map:
recruit: now. At this point the game is open for both sign-up and discussion. I est. this will take a week or two.
Prepare pretenders: After all players sign-up we shall wait a week for pretender creation.
Game on: we start the game.

Players:
1 Amhazair, Ogres
2 ghoul31, bandar
3 Executor, Dwarves
4 GFSnl, Sylvania
5 WraithLord, Skaven
6 danbo, MA Pythium
7 Ossa, Chaos
8 starcryst, Lizardman
9 Jolly Roger, Empire
10 HoleyDooley, Tomb Kings
11 Corinthian, MA Ermor
12 don_Pablo, Brettonia
13 Teraswaerto, Jotunheim

Jolly Roger November 13th, 2012 01:21 PM

Re: Game,HoC - House of Chains. Non NewB. recruiting

Hi Wraith Lord,

that´s a great tournament idea. Please count me in !

I´ve followed your link above and downloaded the last bundle you´ve posted. Unfortunately it seems to be incomplete.
Includes only 8 MA Warhammer mod nations. As far as I understood, you´ve intended to post another bundle that includes additional nations. Please provide a link to the most recent version.

Thanks, Klaus

Amhazair November 13th, 2012 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WraithLord (Post 813791)
Nations: All EA nations are allowed.

Copy/Paste Error? :)

Ossa November 13th, 2012 03:18 PM

Hweee waaant Kay-Oss!

militarist November 13th, 2012 03:20 PM

Would play Sanguinia if gamehost will be willing to add LA nation to the pack.

starcryst November 13th, 2012 03:46 PM

I see the non-NewB note and I'm new to Dom3 MP for sure, but I'm a 30 year strat game vet, a huge Erickson fan (Coltaine!) and a WH fan to boot. I'd love to play, I've been playing Dom3 solo like crazy to get up to speed and I'll be active and won't stall.

If I'm not too newbish, Count me in for the Lizards.

WraithLord November 13th, 2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amhazair (Post 813810)
Quote:

Originally Posted by WraithLord (Post 813791)
Nations: All EA nations are allowed.

Copy/Paste Error? :)

lol. guilty as charged :)

WraithLord November 13th, 2012 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jolly Roger (Post 813802)
Hi Wraith Lord,

that´s a great tournament idea. Please count me in !

I´ve followed your link above and downloaded the last bundle you´ve posted. Unfortunately it seems to be incomplete.
Includes only 8 MA Warhammer mod nations. As far as I understood, you´ve intended to post another bundle that includes additional nations. Please provide a link to the most recent version.

Thanks, Klaus

Yes. Elves mods are not included. You can see the link for details. Also Orcs and Goblins is not included since it's in very early stage. So this is the most recent version.
What nation will you like to have?

@Ossa, I assume you mean Chaos. you got it.

@militarist, sorry but only MA nations and WH (minus elves) mods for this game

@starcryst, I'm signing you up for Lizardman

WH mods available: TombKings, , Bretonnia & Empire

HoleyDooley November 13th, 2012 05:02 PM

Tomb Kings thx.

Jolly Roger November 13th, 2012 05:31 PM

Ok.

I would like to give EMPIRE a try.

Thanks, Klaus