.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Shrapnel General (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Re: Banning of Calahan (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=48967)

Admiral_Aorta July 2nd, 2012 06:34 PM

Re: Banning of Calahan

I think a lot of people on the dominions 3 forum would like know why calahan, a long time member of the community who is possibly one of the most helpful people to new players was just banned for no reason:
http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/...orNoReason.gif
Are you lot really so petty as to ban anyone who has a vaguely rude tone to their posts?

Fantomen July 3rd, 2012 03:50 AM

Wtf? This guy sets up and admins newbie games, does tests and whatnot and is generally super helpful. And not even telling him why is so lame. Is it because of his post in dom3mods? A different site that should be none of your business? No, not even shrapnel can be that assinine, but why then?

Soyweiser July 3rd, 2012 01:18 PM

Come on people. This does not belong here.

Don't fight evil with evil.

Admiral_Aorta July 3rd, 2012 07:52 PM

why not? i think it's a valid question and the mods don't appear to read the dominions forum.

Ballbarian July 3rd, 2012 09:16 PM

I don't know any details, but for what it is worth, it appears that Calahan was banned for the content in his sig.

(I pop by periodically, but real life has placed demands on me that restrict my ability to follow the forums like I used to. Regardless, best wishes to all and I hope everyone can enjoy the game and not get too wrapped up in forum drama.)

Soyweiser July 3rd, 2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Admiral_Aorta (Post 807741)
why not? i think it's a valid question and the mods don't appear to read the dominions forum.

... I don't know. Was trying to keep the forum a bit more orderly. But apparently even the mods don't care. :) a well.

Ballbarian July 3rd, 2012 09:58 PM

Sorry Soyweiser, I don't moderate this area of the forums. My superhuman thread-locking powers have no effect here. :)

Gandalf Parker July 3rd, 2012 10:15 PM

Two other main Mods are regulars at the other forum (and I believe that one of them has already answered there a few days ago?) so comments about mods dont read and mods dont care seem strange
Unless those are comments on the gap of time between sig file and ban.

Soyweiser July 4th, 2012 07:09 AM

This topic is the first place a mod has reacted regarding the banning of Calahan. And I think I know why Ballbarian appeared here.

And we talked about it, shrapnel wants to put as little time into managing the forum as possible. Imho, that is a sign of not really caring. (If they did care and read. Why are there so many topics all over the place with unanswered questions.

Also, making threads all over the place is a rules violation.

But you already give a good example that the mods don't read, or at least don't care. (Calahan gets banned and eventually there is a ****storm... who would have thought). Funny thing, at the start of this drama, I thought Calahan brought it on himself. He was acting like a huge *** at times, and had to be warned. Why do I keep defending his side of the story?

Gandalf Parker July 4th, 2012 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soyweiser (Post 807808)
This topic is the first place a mod has reacted regarding the banning of Calahan. And I think I know why Ballbarian appeared here.

Im sorry. I understood that LLamaBeast responded to Calahan on the banned forum. Before these threads were made? Or at least a while back. That would seem to be the advantage of having the most active Mods here (Edi and LLamaBeast) active on the other forum with him.