.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Scenarios, Maps and Mods (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   Mod: Mark of the Champion, an Arena mod (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=41087)

Endoperez November 1st, 2008 06:40 AM

Mark of the Champion, an Arena mod

1 Attachment(s)
Champion's Trident is now Mark of the Champion, a helmet.

It takes a head slot and uses one of the existing helmet sprites.
It gives weapon 135, Champion's Trident, as a bonus weapon that doesn't require ambidexterity.
It still gives the wielder Quickness.
It also gives the wielder armor "Flame Helmet", which is special in that it also boosts body prot slightly.

The mod is attached, here's the code part:

#selectitem "Champion's Trident"
#name "Mark of the Champion"
#copyspr 142
#type 6
#armor "Flame Helmet"
#descr "The winner of the arena death match will receive a magical trident and an extraordinary flaming helmet. The trident will quicken its wielder and independently fight by his side, and the helmet will protect the Champion while also visibly marking him as the current Champion of the arena. The Champion will have to defend his title and equipment in upcoming death matches until they finally pass along to a new Champion."
#end

#selectweapon 135
#bonus
#end

Edratman November 1st, 2008 07:03 AM

Re: Mark of the Champion, an Arena mod

That is a nice improvement Endo.

However, I will still avoid the Arena, except to kill off the lame and halt.

JimMorrison November 1st, 2008 01:13 PM

Could you "meld" it with Gift of Kurgi in the same way? ;) Hideously overpowered, I'm sure - but hilarious.

Does it only transfer additional qualities if they are listed specifically? Like the Flaming Helmet states "Protection: 5", so it makes me wonder if it would work well with the Cat Charm, or Bracers of Protection, or Amulet of Reinvigoration. (Hmmmm, the Helm does display -reinvig, and +Fire as well though, I am thoroughly confused by the mechanics of this.....)

Endoperez November 1st, 2008 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimMorrison (Post 649764)
Could you "meld" it with Gift of Kurgi in the same way? ;) Hideously overpowered, I'm sure - but hilarious.

:doh: It isn't that hard, really, it isn't. :sick:

Jade Armor, the item, gives Quickness to the wielder. In addition, the wielder gets armor 107, called Jade Scale Armor.

In my mod, Mark of the Champion the item, gives Quickness to the wielder. In addition, the wielder gets armor number 80 and weapon number 135.

You know, just like the item Horned Helmet gives the wielder a new weapon (Gore, 331) and armor (Full Helmet, 21).

There's armor number 94 in in the game, named Gift of Kurgi (0 prot, 8 def, 0 enc). It increases defence by 8. It is reference by an item, Gift of Kurgi, which gives etherealness and other fun stuff - and gives the wielder armor 94. Armor #94 that gives 8 defence, and isn't an item, and doesn't do anything except give 8 defence.

I could make an item that gives armor 94. I could call it "Big Cat Charm", because that's all it would be.

Attle November 1st, 2008 03:19 PM

Neat!

llamabeast November 1st, 2008 04:55 PM

Great! Most ingenious.

JimMorrison November 2nd, 2008 12:07 PM

Okay, since my inquisitive nature and total modding ignorance seems to be slowly driving you insane, Endo..... How do you know this, is all of that in the modding manual? I am sure that the way items/effects are implemented makes some sort of convoluted sense, but I'm also quite sure that you have to know something that I don't, in order to understand what the actual logic is. :p

Endoperez November 3rd, 2008 01:10 AM

I'm not sure if spesifically mentioned it's in the modding manual, but it's quite clear once you try to mod an item. Oh, and it's not you, spesifically, more that I already explained it once or twice in the arena thread on the main forum.

Also, you can notice the same thing with some units that use weapons that are usually items. Like that one Ice Devil who comes with weapon-Hellsword and fire resistance. You can give him other weapon without the fire res going away, or even item-Hellsword to increase it. This is because the resistance is part of the unit, not the weapon.

Aezeal December 28th, 2008 05:08 PM

I'm looking at the mod and I was wondering (I'm asking cus waiting for it to happen in a test game takes too long)
1. does it still occupy a hand slot with the trident (I'm thinking it doesn't)
2. is it possible to have it do an AoE attack, still give quickness and give the prot
3. is it possible to have it take up a misc slot instead of any armour section

4. if that is possible how would be .dm file be..

Endoperez December 28th, 2008 06:36 PM

1) Only a head slot, no hand slots at all.
2) Yes, by using weapon modding commands to the trident weapon. I don't think it's necessary, since the hand slots are free and the champion can just use an AoE weapon.
3) Yes, by using the magic item modding commands.

4) I don't have modding manual with me now, but you need to add a secondaryeffect weapon modding command to add AoE. I think the command for changing the type of a magic item's slot is just #type (number).

EDIT:
Oh, you're going to use it for Dom3000. In that case, you might want to use #weapon and #armor item modding commands to refer to existing Dom3000 weapon/armors.