.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   TO&Es (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   T-90me (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=44485)

Wdll December 11th, 2009 01:50 PM

T-90me

http://www.defencenet.gr/defence/ind...946&Itemid=139

Presentation to Putin of the new T-90ME and of the 2005? BMPT.

According to the article, the new T-90 has improved armour with special alloys with titanium, better performance during night operations.
It has a larger turret which includes a 360 degree periscope for the commander of the tank, the armour of type Relict to better withstand enemy missiles with Tandem head, new wheels (not sure what the english word for them is), replaceable A/C, etc, and possible new engine of 1200 horsepower.

I won't translate what it says for the BMPT since it says it is the version released in 2005 (which IIRC is already in the game).

Marcello December 11th, 2009 03:46 PM

Re: T-90me

Interesting some of the choices they have made.
The replacement of the NSVT with a PKM is against current trends, though of course it has its own advantages, such as ammo commonality with the coax, more rounds carried and a dismountable mg.
It also seems, if I read the drawing correctly, that while they added a CITV equivalent they deleted the commander cupola, though some fixed periscopes were added to compensate.
Armor, engine etc. modifications seem fairly conservative incremental upgrades.
It also begs the question of what else, if any, they are working on. Certainly with a now well oiled T-90 production line, thousands of T-72B upgradeable to near T-90 status and little money for tanks purchases there must be a lot of incentives not to rock the boat by introducing a radically new design.

DRG December 11th, 2009 03:51 PM

It also says right at the start this is.... "the new improved export version of the T-90m"

Let me know if anybody buys it

Don

PlasmaKrab December 11th, 2009 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcello (Post 721476)
Interesting some of the choices they have made.
The replacement of the NSVT with a PKM is against current trends, though of course it has its own advantages, such as ammo commonality with the coax, more rounds carried and a dismountable mg.
It also seems, if I read the drawing correctly, that while they added a CITV equivalent they deleted the commander cupola, though some fixed periscopes were added to compensate.
Armor, engine etc. modifications seem fairly conservative incremental upgrades.
It also begs the question of what else, if any, they are working on. Certainly with a now well oiled T-90 production line, thousands of T-72B upgradeable to near T-90 status and little money for tanks purchases there must be a lot of incentives not to rock the boat by introducing a radically new design.

Also, the jammers from the Shtora system are no more, though the LWRs remain (above the gun mantle and possibly on the turret sides behind the SGDs).
Looks like a new turret armor package, but it may only look different because of the new ERA and the deleted boxes on the sides.
Regarding the commander MG, what I find strange is that it is apparently a simple pintle-ring mount, which is certainly a downgrade from the under-armor AA sight on the old NSVT.

Any new potential clients for newbuilt T-90s these days? Venezuela? Iran? India for a second series?

thatguy96 December 11th, 2009 05:56 PM

Russia has been eying Southeast Asia. Vietnam would seem like a good candidate.

Marek_Tucan December 12th, 2009 04:38 AM

From what I gathered on TankNet, the abopve pic is a concept, however Putin was presented with a T-90AK, a battlion commander's vehicle, equipped with new periscope ring and panoramatic scope, Relikt ERA, more comms etc.