.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Multiplayer and AARs (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   MP: Nooblies - EA [9/8] players [Runing] (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=47415)

AfroSquirrel May 18th, 2011 02:11 PM

Re: Nooblies - EA [1/8] players [Recruiting]

Maybe we should name this game "Giants and Midgets"...

Also, the argument for using CBM is that it's standard in most other MP games due to how good a job it does of rebalancing the nations. It doesn't require one to 'relearn' the game, but it does things like adding national summons and heroes, adding (inferior) alternatives to Tartarians, and adjusting costs. It also does some more controversial things like making Clams and (I think) a couple other items unique. I'd recommend using it since it'll likely appear in whatever games we go on to play later, though I'm fine playing either way.

PriestyMan May 18th, 2011 02:21 PM

Fwiw, CBM 1.7+ does some pretty drastic changes to the game. Most people agree with the changes, and play with them, but the argument can be made that starting with 1.6 may be better because it is much closer to vanilla than the later versions. with 1.6 you get all really non-controversial changes that purely improve the game.

Either way is fine.

Thanatus del Dragos May 18th, 2011 02:22 PM

I prefer vanilla.

Laddwr May 18th, 2011 03:17 PM

Also, anyone know how to change the game title?

Thranite May 18th, 2011 03:33 PM

If you're still looking for players, I'd like to sign up. If accepted this will be my 5th game (3 of them still running however), so I believe I still qualify as a newb.

At this point, I'm not interested in CBM, vanilla only please. If that causes trouble I can bow out with no hard feelings.

I haven't tried a water nation yet, I'd like to try Atlantis.

Thanks for your consideration.

Laddwr May 18th, 2011 06:01 PM

Alright, just two slots left! Looks like we've got a big game coming with all the giants.

I still can't figure out how to change the title, I feel like a bad salesman.

Soviet_Storm May 18th, 2011 06:57 PM

This sounds like an awesome game for my first multiplayer match. I'll come in as Abysia if I still can. I've been around for a while I know, but I took a looooong dominions break, so we'll see how this goes.

MagicDinosaur765 May 18th, 2011 08:11 PM

Hello, I want to play with Mictlan, and I prefer no mods. Thanks.

Ghill May 18th, 2011 09:32 PM

Hello, I have been off of Dominions forever and only played one game (in which I had my butt thoroughly kicked).

Can I join as Sauromantia?

EDIT: Also, vanilla is awesome for me. I am used to playing with heavy mods but I am fine without any.

EDIT EDIT: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! The rest of the slots were taken before my post. So sad. Would you be willing to make it nine? Or let me know if someone decides not to play?

Laddwr May 18th, 2011 10:17 PM

Alright, we're full. I'll push us up to 9 players. I'm taking map ideas now. Start drawing up Pretenders boys.