.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Multiplayer and AARs (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   MP: Game,HoC - House of Chains. Corinthian wins! (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=49304)

don_Pablo December 27th, 2012 11:42 AM

Re: Game,HoC - House of Chains. Non NewB. Submit Pretenders

Sorry for delay (RL reasons etc.)
I'll send my turn on Friday.

Corinthian December 29th, 2012 12:55 PM

Are you still there don Pablo? Yea you lost a battle, but you still have more provinces and castles than both your enemies combined. You can just replace that army and work out a new strategy.

And you still have your pretender (whatever it is). Skaven cant say the same.

Executor December 29th, 2012 02:08 PM

Stop chasing down my scouts lizards!

Executor December 29th, 2012 02:17 PM

The Dwarven Kingdom is in business of selling nature gems, we will accept any other gem type in exchange, except stinking death gems of course.

starcryst December 30th, 2012 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Executor (Post 815792)
Stop chasing down my scouts lizards!

We have determined that although Dorfsss taste terrible plain, when you dip them in ketchup, it almossst coversss the stench. And they are pleasingly crunchy once the foul tassste and odor are dealt with.

Pleassse send more sscouts...

Corinthian January 1st, 2013 01:41 PM

Lo and behold! On the 25'th month of our lords holy ascension quest, Ermor has finally gotten its first Good Random Event! If I had known this would have happened then I would have gone all the way down to misfortune 3 and spent the additional 80 points elsewhere. :doh:

In other news, two huge battles was won by the brave zombies fighting for Ermor. The enemy, Yheetie monstrosities with company were defeated with only some 250 friendly casualties. Thats almost nothing!

One of the greatest artists in Ermor (Who did not see the battle) have already created an epic painting to immortalize the battle between brown clad heroes and evil!

http://i.imgur.com/nQtlH.jpg

Corinthian January 2nd, 2013 11:25 AM

Hmm. 3 people missing still with 40min left on the timer. Wraith Lord If you are reading this then an extension would be most prudent.

Amhazair January 3rd, 2013 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corinthian (Post 815870)
A fanciful picture

Somehow, this doesn't look quite right to me. :)

That turn would also have gone better if I had gotten home in time to rectify a couple of mistakes I had realised about while at work. At least the battle at my capital would have been a more or less easy win then. :(

Sorry about the stale, New-year activities turned out a bit more... extensive than I had expected. Now to go see how much damage it caused.

Corinthian January 17th, 2013 10:53 AM

Hmm. That was a lot more ogres hiding out in that hole than what I thought it would be. It is a good thing that I am so reckless and attacked blind. If I had sent a scout in to that fort and seen that I might have hesitated to attack.

I also did not consider the spell "Hell Power". That could have killed me if I had managed to charm the caster and he had survived the horrors. It could have ended with both of us routing, leaving an empty castle, haha. Fortunately it is hard to make skeletons rout and the horrors cant heal themselves by eating lifeless people.

Good Game Amhazair. Oh and were did your pretender disappear to? I never saw him die anywhere and I was sure he was in your capitol.

Amhazair January 17th, 2013 12:48 PM

Yeah, well played to you too. The entire war was very well executed on your part. Gonna have to keep an eye on you in the future I think. :)

My pretender got killed by your Strands of Arcane Power unfortunately. Too bad, with his reasearch I would have had access to Harm otherwise. Now, I never really got to use that spell in battle before, but I'm thinking that harm cast by 7B casters can cause some serious pain. Together with the 3 Slaughtermasters your strands feebleminded that was a serious weakening of my Sabbath. Wouldn't have been enough to win, mind you, but would have caused some more damage.

In other news, that's twice now out of the five games I played after returning from burn-out-sabatical that I get eliminated early. That never happened to me before and I have to say I do NOT like the experience. Will need to step up my game.

Corinthian January 18th, 2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amhazair (Post 816352)
Yeah, well played to you too. The entire war was very well executed on your part. Gonna have to keep an eye on you in the future I think. :)

My pretender got killed by your Strands of Arcane Power unfortunately. Too bad, with his reasearch I would have had access to Harm otherwise. Now, I never really got to use that spell in battle before, but I'm thinking that harm cast by 7B casters can cause some serious pain. Together with the 3 Slaughtermasters your strands feebleminded that was a serious weakening of my Sabbath. Wouldn't have been enough to win, mind you, but would have caused some more damage.

Huh? Strands killed your pretender and feebleminded the blood mages? But strands is supposed to magic duel astral mages and mindburn other mages? Does it actually midburn astral mages if they have other magic paths? And does it have chance to feeblemind normal mages or is it just a quality of midburn that it cause feblemindedness to the survivors? Even so, if the wiki is correct then your pretender would have had to fail two MR checks in a row and suffered enough damage from mindburn to die. The chance of that happening to one mage among 20 is pretty decent. But it seem a pretty negligible chance vs an MR 16 pretender. Maybe it gets one check to fail twice for every path the mage got?

I have never seen anyone cast strands in MP before actually. I mainly cast it so that it would sitesearch for me, but I might have accidentally something really good!:shock:

As for harm, I intentionally mixed my undead and human forces so that spells that kills undead would hit the humans and things that only affect the living, like Harm, would hit the undead. It might have killed my mercs real good though.

Amhazair January 18th, 2013 01:41 PM

Hmm... Have to say that I didn't doublecheck the Wiki, and most certainly don't know the mechanics by heart. I assumed the Strands killed him, as the description mentions a magical duel, so I thought the loser died as per the spell Magic Duel. Wiki does indeed say otherwise.

What I can say for sure is that I got the message that "1 target died and 5 were affected", and my pretender was gone afterwards. (I was confused for a while myself, wondering where he'd gone, until I found that message again.)

As for the feebleminds, they're probably caused by the mind burn damage as normal battle afflictions. After the above message where there were 5 affected targets for example, I went through my mages and 2 were feebleminded, while no one else was affected. (that turn.)

Executor January 18th, 2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corinthian (Post 816384)
It might have killed my mercs real good though.

His mercs he says, pah!

starcryst January 19th, 2013 11:04 AM

I'm considering selling The Chalice. PM me with offers if you are interested. Looking for gems, not cash.

Executor January 21st, 2013 03:23 PM

How bout you lizards send us the Chalice for safekeeping and in return we don't invade and pillage your stinkin' swamps, no?

Teraswaerto January 21st, 2013 04:04 PM

Here's a funny question. If the Lizards agreed would that constitute a trade per the diplomacy rules?

The Jotun need no prissy cups, we have our own and they are filled with mead.

*Except after reading the first post there is no trades are binding rule apparently in this one.

starcryst January 25th, 2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Executor (Post 816519)
How bout you lizards send us the Chalice for safekeeping and in return we don't invade and pillage your stinkin' swamps, no?

Try it and we'll drink your blood from our Chalice with the side benefit that we'll automatically be healed of whatever diseases your mangy troops are carrying!

Executor January 25th, 2013 06:51 PM

Phah! A blind monkey with no fingers would be more likely to draw blood measly lizards.

Executor February 3rd, 2013 09:48 AM

I bet you're laughing your brains out right now Corinthian?:shock:

Amhazair February 3rd, 2013 12:08 PM

Why, what's happened?

Sharing is a virtue.

Jolly Roger February 3rd, 2013 12:10 PM

Gentlemen,

Wiki said, the effects of Strands of Arcane Power work inside FRIENDLY DOMINION only ! So the mages and pretender of the Ogres must have been inside Ermor dominion.

Cheers, Klaus

Executor February 3rd, 2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amhazair (Post 816943)
Why, what's happened?

Sharing is a virtue.

It appears Cori's got all the marbles.

Corinthian February 3rd, 2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Executor (Post 816942)
I bet you're laughing your brains out right now Corinthian?:shock:

Everything is so beautiful, that I feel like crying!:p

GFSnl February 10th, 2013 04:37 AM

For Sale:
Gems! In all kinds of shapes and flavors!

Wanted:
Death Gems.

Executor February 13th, 2013 11:54 AM

Well, that's some rather underhanded diplo Starcryst. You lead me on to think we're making a deal and joining our forces to bring down the game leader Ermor while you're actually buying more time to take over my lands without counteractions from me.

When you moved your forces to the province I suggested as an exit route for your troops I though we had a deal. So now I've lost 2 turns I should have spent counteracting you; as in preparing the defense in the fort under siege, taking action against your teleporting mages, retaking my lands and wasting 60 gems I sent you as compensation for your "troubles" and instead I've spent that time planning how to strike back at Ermor. That's quite a setback.

That's just incredibly bad sportsmanship, especially since between you and Ermor I didn't have a change anyway so I'm not sure what the purpose of the deception was other then stalling me. If you had no intention of making peace with you should have said so.

WL, feel free to find a sub for me as I most definitely won't be continuing this game nor will I bother to find a suitable sub. I think you of all people know, from our previous run ins, I have no problem with losing and being overwhelmed from all sides but this is just wrong to me. Please note that me leaving this game has nothing to do with my losing position. Sorry for the inconvenience, it's been a great game series for me so far.

WraithLord February 13th, 2013 12:36 PM

Executor, I'm sorry to hear of this. If things are as you describe that it's only natural you'd be upset.

Technically back stabbing is not prohibited while cheating and exploiting is. I think this is the consensus in the community. Please correct me if I'm wrong on this.

Don't get me wrong. If I were you I'd also be upset. I have proof as recent as this game (Jotun Bretonnia debacle). Maybe not that bad but I sure felt cheated & betrayed.
Oh and such **** only works once. I for instance would never trust Teraswaerto again. So those who pull it should know it would stain their reputation for next games.

Well, I hope you'd reconsider yet would respect your wish to leave.

Executor February 13th, 2013 01:43 PM

I have nothing against Machiavellian type diplomacy. Personally, I just consider this to be something else.
Technically I don't think it's against forum or game rules but it does seem to be in the gray area since it sort of is exploiting.

But I have no intentions of getting into arguments whether such behavior is acceptable or not so I will respectfully bow out of this game without causing a scene since I wouldn't tolerate it in my games.

Perhaps I misinterpreted the entire situation and am blowing this out of proportion. With Starcryst's permission I can post or send the PMs to anyone interested so you can judge for yourselves I guess.
In either case this has been a rather unpleasant experience for me.

WL, I'll try to find a sub for me. This is my pile of crap so I won't be damping it on you. :)

EDIT: WL, delay the game a bit if you catch this in time, a day or two.
As a side note I really should open my turns before there's only a few hours left until hosting.

Teraswaerto February 13th, 2013 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WraithLord (Post 817448)
Technically back stabbing is not prohibited while cheating and exploiting is. I think this is the consensus in the community. Please correct me if I'm wrong on this.

Don't get me wrong. If I were you I'd also be upset. I have proof as recent as this game (Jotun Bretonnia debacle). Maybe not that bad but I sure felt cheated & betrayed.
Oh and such **** only works once. I for instance would never trust Teraswaerto again. So those who pull it should know it would stain their reputation for next games.

Games, positions, circumstances, they all are different. I've both honored deals past what was rational and played at deception when necessary.

Blind trust or blind belief in any deal, blind is blind. Judge them all on their merits. If in a game deception in diplomacy is prohibited that should be clearly stated up front.

And to remind everyone, we never had any kind of deal or treaty.

WraithLord February 13th, 2013 06:44 PM

Nothing wrong in deception in this game. I'm only saying you'd get to fool me but once :)

Cheers guys. I hope this game will cont. to be fun for all and not deteriorate to bad feelings all around.

Executor, I missed your heads up & turn hosting & a PM from a kind and caring unsung hero so your nation ended up staling :(

I'll add more time for sub hunting. Thanks for taking care of that!

starcryst February 16th, 2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Executor (Post 817447)
Well, that's some rather underhanded diplo Starcryst. You lead me on to think we're making a deal and joining our forces to bring down the game leader Ermor while you're actually buying more time to take over my lands without counteractions from me.

When you moved your forces to the province I suggested as an exit route for your troops I though we had a deal. So now I've lost 2 turns I should have spent counteracting you; as in preparing the defense in the fort under siege, taking action against your teleporting mages, retaking my lands and wasting 60 gems I sent you as compensation for your "troubles" and instead I've spent that time planning how to strike back at Ermor. That's quite a setback.

That's just incredibly bad sportsmanship, especially since between you and Ermor I didn't have a change anyway so I'm not sure what the purpose of the deception was other then stalling me. If you had no intention of making peace with you should have said so.

WL, feel free to find a sub for me as I most definitely won't be continuing this game nor will I bother to find a suitable sub. I think you of all people know, from our previous run ins, I have no problem with losing and being overwhelmed from all sides but this is just wrong to me. Please note that me leaving this game has nothing to do with my losing position. Sorry for the inconvenience, it's been a great game series for me so far.

Okay, so taking our discussions into the game thread and smearing my reputation this way is what's REALLY underhanded IMHO. I play Dom3 to enjoy the game, not to participate in the kind of political BS that I have to deal with in the workplace. So I'm not going to spend a lot of time fighting with you here. But I will pass a few things along so that everyone can see I'm not the *** you are making me out to be.

In my very last correspondence to you this is what I said;

"I suspect you are going to balk at this and that we'll run out of time attempting to negotiate anything and that we'll end up continuing to fight simply because we can agree to terms we both want to live with."

And that's exactly what happened. You made a very weak offer of a few gems. The turn boundary was coming up and you weren't offering anything worthwhile (and in fact you were continually threatening me in your emails instead of negotiating) and so I assumed we were still at war, scripted my turn and then moved on.

You then sent me some gems, even though I never accepted (or even hinted that I was going to accept) your "offer". I sent those gems back immediately the following turn. I'm not sure how those gems were "wasted" since you got them back. A little tip for the future - don't send stuff to people until you have an actual agreement, in writing, with them.

You've spent a lot of time posturing in PMs to me and acting very aggressive, which I tried not to take offense to. But attacking my character in a public forum and skewing what transpired between us so that you come off as the innocent victim is crossing over the line.

I attacked you, we negotiated a bit, we didn't come to an agreement, I continued my attack. That's what actually happened and there's absolutely nothing wrong or underhanded about it.

Executor February 16th, 2013 10:17 AM

Excuse me? Not even a hint? That's where we left it off if I remember. I guess I'm breaking the rules by posting this PM but I'll live with it.
You never rejected my proposal. I asked you want you wanted and never stated anything, instead you wanted to know what I'd offer. And 60 gems + what you got/would get from my provinces isn't weak at all, considering the turn. I also offered to forge you any items I can at my forging prices, which is 25-40% off.
You never said that was a weak offer or demanded more gems or items or gold or whatever.

It also kind of sounds we were making an agreement. Further more there was plenty of time to answer me and just say "No deal" or to redo the turn since I asked WL for an extension just so I could get your answer.

And yes, when someone does something I consider bad mannered I'll post about it in the game thread and warn the other players. I won't hound you in other threads and games about it but I sure will comment on it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Executor
Quote:

Originally Posted by starcryst
So I'm having trouble scripting my army to basically retreat from my gains this turn and just meekly hand them over. I think if we're going to come an agreement, at minimum its going to have to include some provinces changing hands semi permanently (at least until Ermor is defeated).

I suspect you are going to balk at this and that we'll run out of time attempting to negotiate anything and that we'll end up continuing to fight simply because we can agree to terms we both want to live with.

Also, don't misunderstand my statements earlier - I definitely will do everything in my power to attempt to win every game I play in, but I'm also not foolish enough to expect to win a game with this many veteran players, given that its my 3rd MP game. What I was trying to convey was the fact that I'm not going to get upset one way or another. Every game is a learning experience for me and I probably will learn a lot more from my mistakes than from my successes.

Anyways - I won't carry grudges from game to game unless you act in an offensive manner, which you haven't thus far.

I have no problem about you remaining in control of a few selected provinces for a little while, it's quite reasonable. We only need to work out the details and coordinate how to make it less, well hurtful for me.
If you have any suggestions I'd be glad to hear them.

What I would suggest is moving your Slanns from 101 and 82 to province 93 if they can handle 15 PD. It's gonna cost me a bit in terms of nature mages but I guess I'll have to handle that. You'll find a lab there from which you can teleport back home or to Ermor or communion them for returning when I send a small squad to regain control of the province.

As for those in 81, I'm not sure. Maybe you could build a lab? You really should have given them gems to cast returning.

I suppose all the gems and gold you'll need for those endeavors can be collected from the occupied provinces.

Another option would be to move all Slans to 90 and build a lab, but the province has 30 PD (remnants of the monkey war) and it would take an extra turn to do it.

The rest shouldn't be a problem I think. You can retreat the mages and the pretender over 123 while keeping your forces in 116 with the Gate Stone dude for one more turn, or not. You can overtax the province at 200% while patroling to get some cash, I've been doing it for a very long time now.
Either way is good.

Let me know what you think how we should proceed.

starcryst February 16th, 2013 10:39 AM

You sent that offer and I never responded. I have no clue how that equates to a deal in your mind, especially when I specifically said in my very last PM to you that I expected we'd run out of time on a deal and just continue fighting.

You don't think that just assuming we had a deal despite the fact we never agreed on one is just a bit presumptuous? I personally never assume I have a deal until I have it in writing. But at minimum you should have the other person at least SAY you have a deal - which I never did.

You can think that I was acting underhanded if you want, but the reality is that I was on business fund raising for my company in San Fran that entire week and Dom3 was not the most important thing on my mind right then. I scripted my turn to continue to attack you and then waited to see if you'd offer a deal that I could live with. You didn't, and so I didn't change my strat.

The path for retreat you suggested was always the path I intended to use to recombine my slaans with my main army. You apparently think I was being deceptive and acting like we had a deal in place, but I was just doing what I planned all along - damaging your economy as much as possible in the first stage of the war and then combining my forces to try and knock down your forts one at a time.

I'm very sorry that you believe I manipulated you into not responding for a couple of turns. That was never my intent - in fact, I would have welcomed an opportunity to try and destroy your army in the field as I actually don't want to try and siege your cap with your forces in there defending. Whether I would have succeeded or not is in question, but having you not respond for two turns actually works against my goal of bringing this war to an early resolution (one way or another).

And you seem to think that getting 60 gems and the income from half a dozen provinces for a few turns was fair compensation for my attack. I lost more than that in gems from my pretender dying and when you consider the losses for the whole campaign, at best I'd have broken even and had nothing to show for it long term.

Also I don't need forging (which I told you) I need gems and cash in very large quantities so that I can create more Slaans. My whole strat is based on slaans in support of holy summoned troops - forged gear is nice, but not central to my strat (slaans have no hand, feet, head or chest slots).

I really don't want to make an enemy here of another player. As you know from the poor way that I used my pretender, I am a very new player and I'm still learning both the game and the expected behavior in the Dom3 community.

But I also don't want to get a reputation, which I believe is undeserved in this case, for underhanded diplomacy. However you thought things went down, I never intended to deceive you. In the future, I'll be explicit and say "no deal" as you suggest. I (mistakenly) assumed that you'd behave as if we were still at war until we had an actual agreement in place. If you were truly acting as if we had an agreement, then I'm sorry it went down the way it did.

Corinthian March 5th, 2013 08:57 PM

Dont you think this map is unfair? I search all my lands almost completely, but I still have less gem income than the neighboring lizards and their much smaller lands. But now things are changing. Finally, after so many months of lizard death scales and overtaxing, the dead in Itza almost outnumbers the living. And what the skeptical hippo does not realize is that just like old people, the dead always vote!

In this latest election we saw the entire northern caucus switch from red to purple in the biggest political reshuffling that this game has seen thus far!

Sorry starcryst. This is not about Executor, but rather about the fact that after the dwarves are dead, I will be your only land neighbor and only viable expansion vector. And frankly, I feel it would be better to start this inevitable war on my conditions rather than yours.

For the rest of you who are unsure, this is probably the optimal time to gang me btw.

Executor March 10th, 2013 04:01 PM

Congrats Corinthian. It was interesting watching, what little I could, how fast you devoured Orge Kingdom.

If you don't mind sharing, I would like to know your build once the game is officially over. You menages to stay ahead with research while reanimating and also have a good gem lead, especially with how ridiculous site searching was (at least for me).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corinthian (Post 818196)
For the rest of you who are unsure, this is probably the optimal time to gang me btw.

When the game leader says something along these lines it usually means the game is all ready over btw.

Corinthian March 11th, 2013 11:02 AM

Oh yea, I am totally gonna write a brief AAR on this once it is over. Because I had all manners of novel ideas in this game that I have not seen anyone use before.;)

As for my overall build, I chose to play ermor because I wanted to use this picture in a conversation with my enemies.
http://i.imgur.com/z2g2WSZ.jpg
Well, that never happened so I'm posting it now instead.:)

Other things: Itza has been staling for two turns in a row now. I think it is safe to say that he has gone AWOL on us. We should do something about that, because although I hold his lands, his armies are still mostly intact and although I doubt he can win anymore, he can still decide the outcome of the game.

Also, something is seriously wrong with the dwarves if you look at the research graph. I have heard about research flat-lining. but in this case the dwarves actually have negative research! They are losing knowledge of magic! :confused: I know that mages can get feebleminded in the late winter but this is ridiculous!

Corinthian March 11th, 2013 06:00 PM

I am not kidding about the dwarven research graph btw.

http://i.imgur.com/uhqkQL1.png

Seriously Executor, who did you hand over the game to? Because this is absurd!

GFSnl March 12th, 2013 04:16 AM

I thought it has something to do when you go over lvl 9 research.

The turn you go over lvl 9 say with 500rp it's included in the graph.
But the next turn those 500 rp will be deleted.

Or something.....

Amhazair March 12th, 2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GFSnl (Post 818385)
I thought it has something to do when you go over lvl 9 research.

The turn you go over lvl 9 say with 500rp it's included in the graph.
But the next turn those 500 rp will be deleted.

Or something.....

Yep, that's a thing. It does mean that Exec. has apparently stopped finetuning his research, for shame! ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Executor
Congrats Corinthian. It was interesting watching, what little I could, how fast you devoured Orge Kingdom.

Trust me, with a better view of it you'd have found out it wasn't intresting at all. :hurt:

Corinthian March 15th, 2013 09:30 AM

Third Itza stale in a row.:(

Should you or I make a sub thread WraithLord?

Executor March 15th, 2013 02:47 PM

So, my friend tells me he can't register here, or rather he's been waiting for his account to be approved for a while and has just given up.

To sum everything up;
Yes, he did hit research level 9 and waste some points, which for some reason made the score graphs drop apparently.

Second, Itza has been staling on top of Dwarven forts while Ermor has basically all but conquered his lands without putting any effort into it, so my friend would like to know if there's any point playing and should he just turn AI?

Thirdly, and this is my question, I vague remember something about reaching construction level 10 and all those pearly white special unique items that go together but aren't available for construction (like bogus ring, ect); shield, sword, plate armor, helmet and boots.
Something about needing to hit a certain amount of RP to reach it. Can anyone verify this? Just something of interest to me.

Amhazair March 16th, 2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Executor (Post 818468)
Thirdly, and this is my question, I vague remember something about reaching construction level 10 and all those pearly white special unique items that go together but aren't available for construction (like bogus ring, ect); shield, sword, plate armor, helmet and boots.
Something about needing to hit a certain amount of RP to reach it. Can anyone verify this? Just something of interest to me.

Never tried it myself, but yes, I've seen it pretty reliably confirmed that this is a thing. Not sure though, but I believe they're actually at lvl 12, so you'd have to have enough research to go from lvl9 - 1RP to lvl 12 in one turn. (since surplus over lvl 9 doesn't accumulate from turn to turn.)

Colonial March 18th, 2013 02:29 PM

"Good morning, kiddos. Figured I had the time to dip my toes in dominions water again, if only for a while.

lets see what I can do with some lizards."

That is of course if your friend isn't interested...

Corinthian March 19th, 2013 06:34 AM

Good to have you here you again Colonial. I have not seen you since that Flashkart game two years ago.

You should ideally send your email to the admin, Wraithlord so he can set you as the new player. And also ask him for a turn delay as the deadline is soon.

Welcome. And Good luck.

starcryst April 14th, 2013 12:24 PM

Guys I wanted to apologize for going stale in this game. As a new player, I took on too many games at once and then real world stuff got in the way and I simply didn't have the time to stay on top of the games I'd committed myself too.

I should have come by when it became clear I couldn't continue and given you warning so that you could find a replacement. I won't make that mistake again as its not considerate of the other players.

Hope to see you all in another game.

danbo April 19th, 2013 02:42 PM

Well, I think I was my worst enemy in this game. I've been on vacation for a month and had only about 15-20 minutes to make my turn. But everything went smooth despite of it. But when I got home I was spending hours planning every turn only to make deadly mistakes which led to disastrous results.

First I tried to teleport a party to solar brilliance the emrorian army but forgot to send troops to decoy ermorian flying units to let the old men warm up. Also I was expecting that my prophet (who was equipped with Aegis and was expected to fight in case the old men fail) retains bonus to magic resistance as well as bonus to HP while fighting teleport battle, I was wrong, this rule applies only for HP. As a result my old men were slaughtered and my prophet was enslaved, precious Aegis lost.

For the next turn I spent about 3 hours but somehow failed to save it and sent only partially done turn with unscripted suicidal attacks. Again, precious units dead, lots of gems flushed.

And now, when I finally braced myself and double and triplechecked every order Ermor gets out of the pocket unhumane weapons of mass destruction and as a result only half of my army survives the artillery strike and reaches the battlefield. Where it was expectedly annihilated.

At least, old Empire will be reunited again. But unfortunatelly under the banners of corrupted ermorians.

WraithLord April 21st, 2013 02:37 AM

Looks like Ermor can not be stopped from winning.
Anyone thinks differently?

Jolly Roger April 21st, 2013 04:46 AM

I vote for a victory of Ermor.

Well played Corinthian !

Cheers, Klaus

WraithLord April 21st, 2013 04:53 AM

Second that.

GG Corinthian. Too bad distance didn't allow us more battle time :)

Judging by the score graphs your game play seems impressive. Kudos.

I'll wait for danbo before wrapping this one up.

Corinthian April 23rd, 2013 06:34 AM

Yea its about time to wrap this game up. Good Game everyone. In truth it has probably been over since about the time Itza started stalling. He still had most of his armies intact when I took his lands. And he could have cause more harm than I would have though when I initially attacked. The fact that the world did not gang me shortly after he started stalling probably sealed the fate of this game.

I guess Pythium could have signed a peace treaty with Sylvania (which he would have accepted as he was still fighting breton on the other front.) And Altdorf needed to have attacked me much sooner.

One of the big mistakes newbs do is that they wait too long to attack, thinking that they will be better prepared in the future. But this is wrong. If the enemy is bigger than you and have more income then it is he who will be better prepared. Because of this, waiting is rarely a good idea.

As of now i have mainly been doing fun things for the last 10 turns or so. Picking fights with whoever seem to have an army, building strange SC and armies. Such stuff. Oh and as strong as I am, I will never be able to get inside The dwarven capitol. My scouts tell me that there are more than 900 enemies inside that thing!

Anyway I will be writing a short AAR on this to explain my build and choices as I promised. Once I have a little more time that is.