.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Approaching Infinity (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=255)
-   -   Feature requests (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=50552)

PvK May 2nd, 2015 10:39 PM

Re: Feature requests

I'd like a way to not (or just have it always not) install a ship system that I purchase at a base automatically. I find it a little bit confusing and could lead to problems, as I often buy ship systems for the purpose of dismantling them for parts or knowledge, rather than for using them on my ship.

Buying a cloaking device and having it install also reduces the shield level to zero, which could be a problem...

ibol May 3rd, 2015 03:39 PM

ok, since I am being more liberal with "settings" in the option menu, this is easy to address now. will do. (this has been mentioned many times in the past)

... and ... several hours later, confirmed working.

PvK May 3rd, 2015 06:24 PM

Yay! Sweet!

Baldrick May 26th, 2015 06:21 PM

Hi all,

I have been thinking about the possibility of promoting people from your crew to become officers. Obviously based on your survival rate in away missions. If crew "rotation" is high, the chance should be slim, but if it is high, someone could be promoted with a random chosen skill. The oficers promoted could promote randomly or depending on actions made that could increase experience of the actual officers. I am not sure how could it work but it could be interesting when crew costs begin to be really high.

Another idea about crew size. I read sometime ago some post about giving relevance to the crew size. Maybe the number of officers of a ship could be related to the crew size. I know this idea could generate a bit of controversy, given more adavantage to bigger ships, but could make the game more "interesting" (or tricky).

PvK May 30th, 2015 06:11 PM

I like both of those ideas, Baldrick.

The officer promotion from the ranks is a nice idea. I don't think it would particularly affect balance or change much, though, as it seems pretty common already to just find officers for free when visiting planets and shipwrecks, if you don't have a full cast.

dari June 1st, 2015 11:09 AM

Hello ibol,

first of all - great game (much more fun than GTA V)

i have a few usability suggestions:

1. Would it be possible to add thousand delimiters (ie: credits 12.345.678.012) for all numbers at all screens like the few ones in the stat screen. But especially for the ships/AT equipment and install screen.

2. in the install equipment screen would it be possible to add the same "+" and "-" sign like in the starship outfitter

3. Could you also add a "reckless" option for going a more direct route with mouse (playing the game most of the time mouse-only) even if more than 1 tile away.
(especially with tiles that are not even "hostile" like the terrain "fire bush"<-maybe a bug/wrong data entry)

4. pay it forward seems to always produce that "cheating" msg. once it reaches around 28Million - could we have a generous 64bit variable for the most important stats like err. credits :D
just in case...(sold recently 13M Data - the credit stat doesnt have this problem at least not with 50M credits

5. add Data gained output in msg-log for killing aliens (planet+ships)

6. in the active effects-screen i see quit similar entries like "Improve Data Gathering+2" and "Data Analyst+2" since there is no working tooltip for this i can only guess that they seem to be 2 different types of effects - but if they are just different Text outputs from different source, maybe you could normalize and thus consolidate these

7. that LOS edge of space is really nice - maybe add another like "line of fire" to see valid fire solutions (space+planet)

8. Firing with "F" (just in case i get lazy and make a makro for my mouse) should account for a valid line of fire - with handscanners (LOS not blocked) it seem to select most of the time targets behind walls (alternately i wish for a walldestroying plasma shotgun ;)

9. i second that new bought items dont get autoinstalled replacing the old gear - makes shoping for spareparts a hassle

10. deep diving caves - could you increase the overall difficulty for the cavelevels after reaching every ie. 5th level.

11. would it be possible to dynamically create a shipwreck out of a destroyed enemy ship (while using maybe non-lethal weapons)
for the fun of pirate-like boarding

whoops slightly more than a few suggestion - i love this game !

ibol June 3rd, 2015 11:27 PM

Hi, Dari, and welcome! Glad you're enjoying it.

I'm not going to reply to your whole message, but you should know that you have some good ideas there :)

In fact , #s 1,4,7,9,11 are already in the next update, which should be released this month.

:D
Bob

coffeehousex June 7th, 2015 07:38 AM

I support idea of having a ability to save my 'not-so-infinite journey log' into some txt file.

bdhurkett July 22nd, 2015 02:49 AM

Maybe I've just been unlucky with the randomness or looking on the wrong planets, but are there any 'animals' that only exist in water or other liquids? Sharks, fish, that kind of thing.

bdhurkett July 22nd, 2015 07:44 AM

Er, hate to double-post but I can't figure out how to edit the one above. It feels a bit unfair to only show the corpses of the first "dead landing party" - I've buried half a dozen away teams in the caves on this latest planet, so there should be a lot more lying around by now. I guess the local fauna is eating them...