.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Scenario: Ww2+40 (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=51723)

Weasel October 17th, 2017 11:15 PM

Ww2+40

This post is mostly for the SP moderators for feedback. Attached is my first WW2 + 40 years scenario for the WW2 scenario Halfaya Pass (#33). If you could review and provide feedback. Note, the scenario is in slot 33, so back up your original.

If all is ok, I will do about 9 more from various periods and fronts and will save them at around the 365 slot.

DRG October 17th, 2017 11:23 PM

Re: Ww2+40

Sorry.... I have no time to test scenarios ATM but I'm sure others do..... but it would be a REALLY good idea to re-issue this so it's NOT using an active scenario slot

Don

RecruitMonty October 18th, 2017 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weasel (Post 839910)
This post is mostly for the SP moderators for feedback. Attached is my first WW2 + 40 years scenario for the WW2 scenario Halfaya Pass (#33). If you could review and provide feedback. Note, the scenario is in slot 33, so back up your original.

If all is ok, I will do about 9 more from various periods and fronts and will save them at around the 365 slot.

Great idea. I did something similar for my project. At the time I thought it would be a quick way to get some scenarios set up for people to play. I'll take a look at what you've done after I'm back from my holiday - so around November.

Weasel October 18th, 2017 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRG (Post 839911)
Sorry.... I have no time to test scenarios ATM but I'm sure others do..... but it would be a REALLY good idea to re-issue this so it's NOT using an active scenario slot

Don

Wasn't looking for a play test, I was just asking if the format and write up are ok. I am using the same slot in ww2 and mbt so I know where the scenario came from when I am working on them so I can compare them in case a unit is unfamiliar, like all the German named units. Not sure why some OOBs are in a foreign language while others are.

I will take it that all is ok.

shahadi October 18th, 2017 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weasel (Post 839910)

My slot 33 has Blackhorse 6/86. I wonder if this is a winspww2 scenario.

<br>

Weasel October 18th, 2017 09:48 PM

read post 1 and 4.

RetLT October 25th, 2017 12:19 PM

The scenario was fun to play.

I would have the Brit units in the pass start unloaded since the AI did not unload them.

Looking forward to playing more of these.

DRG November 16th, 2017 01:57 PM

I made a couple of minor changes to the version for the next patch. I noticed a couple of the German vehicles did not have desert camo ......and now they do

Weasel January 15th, 2018 04:31 PM

I now have 17 of 20 finished and 3 play tested, about to start the 4th.

Weasel January 15th, 2018 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RetLT (Post 840022)
The scenario was fun to play.

I would have the Brit units in the pass start unloaded since the AI did not unload them.

Looking forward to playing more of these.

The scenarios are as per the original author, I am only updating to the modern era. I have made some changes when needed, for example in one version the M48s start in LOS to the Soviet ATGM resulting in heavy losses when they appear as reinforcements. In the WW2 version the Soviets only have 45mm ATG which can not reach the PzIII, but once converted to M48 and ATGM it is slaughter. I thus had to move the reinforcements behind a clump of trees.