.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Mods (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=248)
-   -   Color pictures by PIBWL - release 3 (2019) (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=52239)

Pibwl April 30th, 2019 02:37 PM

Color pictures by PIBWL - release 3 (2019)

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the ultimate updated consolidated pack of my color pictures for WinSPWW2 version 12. If you are not familiar with them so far, you can read more about the color pictures in the subject: http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=49519 and second part http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=51002 (and on my page http://derela.pl/colorp1.htm).

The pictures should be copied to WinSPWW2 -> Game Data -> Pictures folder. Since they replace original black and white photographs, it is recommended to create a backup copy of a whole Pictures folder first, in case you wanted to return to photographs.

The pack covers almost all tanks, fighting vehicles, aircraft, HMGs, most of trucks, guns and support weapons. I've removed part of pictures, that are not in use anymore - except for more popular units, mostly German, so that they should show up in older scenarios as well.

An useless fun feature, that I've played with, is that most of light tanks' pictures are in a similar scale now (1px:35mm) (except for Stuarts, which were so big, that they would come ouf of a frame...). Therefore, some smaller tanks, like R-35, may seem too small - they were really THAT small. Also the tankettes are in a similiar 1:25 scale. Details are in the attached text file, as well as origin of most of pictures. Special thanks must go to http://www.tanks-encyclopedia.com/

A feedback is welcome. There are possible small updates, if I find pictures better enough. I'm thinking about SPMBT as well, but I don't want to start such a big task, unless there is an interest... ;)

The pictures don't affect a game play itself, and have no effect on PBEM games, but I'm obliged to put a disclaimer:

Quote:

This mod contains highly altered or additional files that will cause interference with the master game files and it is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that this mod be installed and played ONLY in a separate copy of the game and NOT run from the master game

Pibwl April 30th, 2019 02:46 PM

Re: Color pictures by PIBWL - release 3 (2019)

For those, who don't want to install all pictures, in this thread there is a file with updated pictures only, after v.12 release: http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showt...143#post845143

BTW: some pictures, as usual, come in several versions, which can be browsed and chosen.

Pibwl February 9th, 2020 03:31 PM

In case you missed it, I'd like to gather opinions here http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=52340 if such pack for SPMBT would be useful.:)

Pibwl April 6th, 2020 04:34 PM

An updated pack should be ready in a week.

Pibwl April 8th, 2020 07:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Apart from pictures connected with the update, I've also managed to fill some gaps in previous vehicles, or create better pictures :)

A picture below:

Pibwl April 15th, 2020 07:07 PM

I'm still improving some pictures, but they should be completed in a day.
In a meantime, I've prepared a comparison of light tanks in uniform scale, how they appear in the game (this time even Stuarts fitted, after removing of AAMGs ;) ).

Edit: I have to recalculate Stuarts (it was hard to find how they were measured, but finally I think I got a certain dimension), so it will take until the weekend ;)

http://derela.pl/tanks35_SPWW2_PIBWL.jpg

Pibwl April 19th, 2020 05:58 AM

I have completed an update to color pictures pack:
- restoring all pictures overwritten by SPWW2 v. 13.0 Consolidation patch 2020,
- covering new units,
- improving several older pictures
- and filling some gaps.

However, for some reason, I can't upload zip files bigger than 2MB to the forum at the moment, and the file is 6MB. :confused:
I don't want to split it into three parts, so at the moment you can mail me pibwl@poczta.onet.pl to get the update. :)

Pibwl May 6th, 2020 07:06 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Okay, sorry for inconvenience, but I had to upload the pack in three files. You can also mail me to get one big file.

Any feedback is welcome :)

Pibwl April 19th, 2021 03:19 PM

As usual, you should install the three files above again to restore the pictures overwritten by SPWW2 v. 14.0 Consolidation patch. Or you can wait for an updated pack covering new pictures, which should be ready by the end of April 2021.

Pibwl May 7th, 2021 01:12 PM

I've completed an update, but still I am not able to add 6+ MB attachment somehow :(

Maybe somebody could try to attach it - if anybody wants to help, drop me a PM, so that I send it via e-mail.

Karagin May 7th, 2021 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pibwl (Post 850295)
I've completed an update, but still I am not able to add 6+ MB attachment somehow :(

Maybe somebody could try to attach it - if anybody wants to help, drop me a PM, so that I send it via e-mail.

Or you could split up into smaller units?

Pibwl May 7th, 2021 05:04 PM

It's not too practical, and maybe 4 zips would be needed. As for now I cand send it by email - pibwl@poczta.onet.pl - and maybe someone will be able to upload it. I couldn't receive an info what's possibly wrong with my account...

Karagin May 7th, 2021 06:38 PM

So you post it with four zip files. I am sure folks will figure out that all of them need to be in the picture folder or the correct folder.

DRG May 8th, 2021 09:43 AM

Michal do the math. Shrapnel allows 23.84 MB for ZIP's and your total for this thread already exceeds that. This is an issue for you to take up with them but using RAR allows a higher total....why ? IDK but it does

Pibwl May 8th, 2021 10:43 AM

Thanks for an answer, but I'm not sure this is the case... 23 MB is for a single file and I've exceeded it years ago, and shouldn't be able to upload after that.

There is a statement in FAQ, that There may also be an overall quota limit to the number of attachments you can post to the board - but there is no information if there is a limit and how big. Maybe some of my old uploads could be deleted then? How can I contact the administrator about the limit?... Downloading 4 zips is not convenient for users.

DRG May 8th, 2021 12:09 PM

Well then maybe you need to start hosting it off-site and use a link here. If shrapnel says in an FAQ, that "There may also be an overall quota limit to the number of attachments you can post to the board" that indicates that yes there is a limit and apparently you have run into it.

Pibwl May 12th, 2021 12:43 PM

Still, the easiest way might be, if I sent 6MB file by mail to somebody, who would try to upload it here, with fresh account.

zovs66 May 13th, 2021 06:15 AM

Save your self some trouble and just create a free Dropbox account. You get 2 GB of free storage to start off with. Then you can just share your links. No need to ask anyone and no need to worry about upload restrictions. Just post a link.

scorpio_rocks May 13th, 2021 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zovs66 (Post 850348)
Save your self some trouble and just create a free Dropbox account. You get 2 GB of free storage to start off with. Then you can just share your links. No need to ask anyone and no need to worry about upload restrictions. Just post a link.

Definitely the way to go free and easy for everyone involved! :)

Pibwl May 13th, 2021 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zovs66 (Post 850348)
Save your self some trouble and just create a free Dropbox account. You get 2 GB of free storage to start off with. Then you can just share your links.

Well, actually I like to see numbers of downloads from the forum. I don't get much appreciation other than that, and almost zero feedback...

Anyway, if somebody wants the pack, I'd gladly mail it: pibwl@poczta.onet.pl - without need to obey a request to upload it.

JTV June 3rd, 2021 12:33 AM

Same thing here - is there maximum size limit for attachments?

Pibwl December 4th, 2021 12:55 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Hello all.

Finally, I've given up and decided to put overdue 2021 update of color pictures here in four parts - sorry for inconvenience. They are worthier, than ever ;)
Any feedback is welcome!
As a fun feature, almost all light tanks and some light trucks are in uniform scale, most field cars ar in a different scale as well.

Pibwl May 4th, 2022 02:44 PM

With new great game update, it's time to me to get to work again ;) I should prepare an update in two weeks. In a meantime, you may want to install all the pictures in this thread again, to restore some of color pictures - or you may wait for an update.

Pibwl June 7th, 2022 05:06 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Here is new update of colour pictures after winSPWW2 version 9.0 - 15.0 Consolidation patch (2022). Current pack introduces new pictures and restores pictures overwritten by the patch. If you had uploaded all our previous files before, you should upload these four zips and copy their contents to Game Data -> Pictures sub-folder. You may want to create a backup copy first.

If you are new to our pack, you should just upload first main file colorWinSPWW2_rel3.zip from the first post in this thread, and then upload these four zips, without need to upload earlier updates.

We have covered most of new units, and several pictures got improved. Most of light tanks and part of smaller armoured cars are in uniform scale (some of them are marked with "35" in a corner).

I'd be grateful for comments or suggestions.