.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   SEIV Scenarios and Mods (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Space Empires IV: Data/Sound/Graphic (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=14627)

Richard December 2nd, 2001 05:25 AM

Space Empires IV: Data/Sound/Graphic

Please move any old content off of the old scenario archive from the home page and put them here as the old archive WILL be going away.

Thanks!

[ September 14, 2003, 13:52: Message edited by: Mephisto ]

Phoenix-D December 3rd, 2001 12:38 AM

Re: Space Empires IV: Data/Sound/Graphic

Newton V1.1:

This is just a quick conVersion of standard SE4 to a more Newtonian style of movement. All the standard AIs have been converted; to change over other AIs, download and use Suicide_Junkie's AI patcher. Use the P&N 2.x setting, and convert the AIDesigncreation file ONLY. DO NOT convert AI general.

EDIT: 1.1. AI neutrals patches, excess files removed.

1007333287.zip

Phoenix-D
dphoenix_d@yahoo.com

[ 02 December 2001: Message edited by: Phoenix-D ]</p>

Suicide Junkie December 3rd, 2001 06:07 AM

Latest P&N v2
HomeComing Scenario (for P&N v2.3b)
P&N Classic
Pirate EMPs
FTL propulsion map
AI patcher

I did discover a little bug/quirk in the file extension checker; it thinks:
"Pirates&NomadsModV2.3c.zip"
is Invalid (as a ".3C" file)

Is it really neccesary to block these? Is it a security threat if there are multiple "."'s in the filename?
Am I gonna have to rename the file "P&Nv2point3c.zip"?

PS: Is it just me, or is this new message board software really paranoid?
Even my sig's "& gt"'s get converted into <'s, then they get deleted as HTML tags when I edit my profile. Sheesh.

[ 03 December 2001: Message edited by: suicide_junkie ]</p>

Suicide Junkie December 3rd, 2001 07:30 AM

Re: Space Empires IV: Data/Sound/Graphic *DELETED* *DELETED*

Post deleted by Mephisto

Atrocities December 3rd, 2001 10:53 AM

Here is the basic Ship Set Tutorial I wrote.

SS Tutorial

[ 03 December 2001: Message edited by: Atrocities ]</p>

capnq December 3rd, 2001 08:15 PM

capnq's Hypermaze Mod v1.2

While many warp points lead to relatively short wormholes connecting star systems in normal space, the majority open into hyperspace zones where the fabric of space-time is less stable.

This mod adds a new quadrant type to the Game Set-Up screen. A Hypermaze quadrant has roughly as many colonizable systems as an Ancient quadrant, but most of the asteroid systems, nebulae, and black holes are replaced by hyperspace zones. Version 1.2 adds compatibility with Matryx's SE4 Launcher. (Note that these are for SE IV v1.49; Versions adapted for SE IV Gold are on the Gold CD.)

The "full" Version includes custom backgrounds for the hyperspace systems, and is over 7.9Meg.

Hypermaze12.zip

The "lite" Version does not use the custom backgrounds, and is only 84K.

HypermazeLite12.zip

Both Versions include instructions for making your own backgrounds.

[ 07 December 2001: Message edited by: capnq ]

[ 20 December 2001: Message edited by: capnq ]

[ 21 February 2002: Message edited by: capnq ]

[ 06 March 2002: Message edited by: capnq ]</p>

Tampa_Gamer December 4th, 2001 02:50 AM

Re: Space Empires IV: Data/Sound/Graphic *DELETED* *DELETED* *DELETED*

Post deleted by Mephisto

Matryx December 5th, 2001 08:18 PM

Just in case the old UBB files disappear, I have uploaded this to the *new* area.
se4Launcher.zip

Jourin December 6th, 2001 08:04 PM

Culture Mod: I balanced the Culture values based on an equivalent racial characteristic cost. I used 800 points as the base value determined by using a 2 in all fields for a neutral culture (making neutral a playable culture). Excel "What IF" spreadsheet included so anyone can change the numbers but still maintain a balanced culture. Can "What IF" new cultures by copying and pasting the values from the line above (some Excel necessary)

Culture Mod

[ 06 December 2001: Message edited by: Jourin ]</p>

jimbob December 7th, 2001 12:51 AM

This is sort of a 'sub-mod' for P&N and for Ultimate. These two mods introduce the Racial Trait "Gravity Manipulation" for the P&N and Ultimate "Universes" respectively.

1007679226.zip
OR
1007679334.zip

The components are purposely defensive in nature (i.e. Black Hole Projectors are exclusively planet based weapons), and have been created for the sole purpose of making my wife a better SEiv player.

In both cases this is a 'proposed' tech tree only. The creators of each mod have final say in what and how they incorporate this tech tree. Furthermore, these tech trees (or any part within them) can be used by anyone for any other mod.

Havin' fun modding
-jimbob

[ 06 December 2001: Message edited by: jimbob ]</p>