.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Dominions 3: The Awakening (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Earthquake (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=41023)

licker October 26th, 2008 12:15 AM

Earthquake

Does flying (or other effect) protect you from the spell?

OmikronWarrior October 26th, 2008 12:44 AM

Re: Earthquake

I don't know about flying, but if you want great general protection from Earthquake, go with Fog Warriors. I think Earthquake is a defense check and then a damage roll, so high defense might help as well.

Omnirizon October 26th, 2008 01:02 AM

what score is the defense check against?

does the damage from this spell destroy rusty armor?

i'ma gettin some idears
markatas...
iron bane...
earth quake...

wow...

MaxWilson October 26th, 2008 02:18 AM

(Un)Fortunately, rusty armor is destroyed only on a melee hit. Earthquake/Rain of Stones/sling bullets/etc. do not break rusty armor.

-Max

chrispedersen October 26th, 2008 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxWilson (Post 648179)
(Un)Fortunately, rusty armor is destroyed only on a melee hit. Earthquake/Rain of Stones/sling bullets/etc. do not break rusty armor.

-Max

there are markata archers and markata melee units .. both 5/1 = )

Omnirizon October 26th, 2008 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrispedersen (Post 648278)
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxWilson (Post 648179)

-Max

there are markata archers and markata melee units .. both 5/1 = )

well i was actually thinking markata archers, because hundreds of them against enemies with no armor would be quite good, and they have a very high defense themselves allowing most of them to survive an earthquake. Without EQuake breaking armor, than only the front most enemies would be getting broken armor as they engaged in melee. Not really that good if the plan is to use massed but very weak archers.

lch October 27th, 2008 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by licker (Post 648169)
Does flying (or other effect) protect you from the spell?

No. This should probably go in the FAQ, since it always shows up again and again. Flying doesn't help, the roll is done against defense to check if a unit is being hit. So a high def helps. Or the usual other things like luck.

Sombre October 27th, 2008 07:23 AM

A parrying weapon is therefore an excellent defence against earthquakes, while a shield is not.

Agusti May 30th, 2010 06:30 PM

¿Could be Twist Fate a good option to evade Earthquake effect (for example, if I cast it with a Marverni Druid: Twist Fate + Earthquake)?

¿And what weapons/items do you recommend to use to evade Earthquake effects? ¿Weapons with high defense? ¿How many defense points it would be necessary at least?

May 31st, 2010 12:35 AM

twist fate is a great way to avoid earthquake (or any other one-off bout of damage), but it seems that spell-effect is not 100% effective all the time. I have for example, seen a unit with twist fate in effect be killed in one shot by an earthquake.