.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Dominions 3: The Awakening (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Priests (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=41305)

theshadow November 18th, 2008 12:15 AM

Priests

Just how do you increase a priest level during a game?

thx

:confused:

HoneyBadger November 18th, 2008 12:48 AM

Re: Priests

Through the use of artifacts, or by making the priest your Prophet.

Bwaha November 18th, 2008 12:52 AM

Theres three methods, One is communion master/slaves. The second is doing the blood version of the same. The only other way is the crystal shield. There are crystals that allow your mages/priests to be a master or slave of a communion. This takes a combination of earth and astral to make. Look in your book to find the Crystal Matrix stones. That will give you the requirements to build these. Good luck on your future in dominions, its a really deep game. Bwaha. :D

PS. Hb is right about artifacts, I completely forgot them. :doh:

Trumanator November 18th, 2008 04:12 AM

FYI there is no way except through prophetizing or a unique artifact to increase your priest's H lvl on the strat map. The above mentioned ways are only applicable in battle. The Crystal Shield is especially useful if your priest is only a priest, with no other magic. Then you can spam whatever H spells you want since they don't cost fatigue. The usual weakness of the Crystal Shield is its ridiculous enc.

lch November 18th, 2008 05:33 AM

All the shield does is to cast Power of the Spheres at the start of combat, so if your priest has Astral, he can do that himself, too. That's already very specific, though, granted.

vfb November 18th, 2008 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trumanator (Post 653792)
FYI there is no way except through prophetizing or a unique artifact to increase your priest's H lvl on the strat map. The above mentioned ways are only applicable in battle. The Crystal Shield is especially useful if your priest is only a priest, with no other magic. Then you can spam whatever H spells you want since they don't cost fatigue. The usual weakness of the Crystal Shield is its ridiculous enc.

The Crystal Shield only works for priests that have other paths as well as H. A priest with no other magic gets no benefit from the Crystal Shield.

Also, you gain 8 casting fatigue from wielding it, even for zero fatigue spells.

Juffos November 18th, 2008 08:01 AM

Sword of (In)Justice also increases priest level by one.

Sombre November 18th, 2008 08:50 AM

Hahah, The Shadow.

Classic character. Anyway, I think your question has been answered in full. A communion with power of the spheres leads to some powerful banishes from both master and slaves.

vfb November 18th, 2008 09:38 AM

By the way, there used to be a bug with Crystal Matrix and holy-only priests.

They cast 4 times per turn instead of 1!

I haven't tested since the last 3 or 4 patches, so it may have been fixed.

rabelais November 18th, 2008 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vfb (Post 653805)

The Crystal Shield only works for priests that have other paths as well as H. A priest with no other magic gets no benefit from the Crystal Shield.

Also, you gain 8 casting fatigue from wielding it, even for zero fatigue spells.

is the need magic + Holy to get Holy boost WAD? I've been trying to come up with a way to get a second divine blesser, and apparently now it's either expensive empowerment or back to scratch.

Wish blood nations could sacrifice empower directly, although I'm sure some cheesy reanimator would find a way to break it.

Damn minimaxers. :D