.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   WinSPWW2 (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   Vehicle reverse ( 8 key) question for all players (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=52962)

DRG March 15th, 2023 02:32 AM

Vehicle reverse ( 8 key) question for all players

Andy and I have noticed a difference in the way Pressing 8 ( reverse) works between our games so my question to everyone is this:

We expect that reversing a vehicle is only done occasionally and some players may never use it but for those that do use it do you simply press 8 and that will initiate the reverse sequence or do you find you have to hold the 8 key down until the vehicle reverses?

zovs66 March 15th, 2023 04:36 AM

Re: Vehicle reverse ( 8 key) question for all players

IIRC I just pressed it once and then wait, there is a slight delay.

Karagin March 15th, 2023 09:58 AM

Same as zovs66, and for me, it's the same as I posted in the MBT thread on this, the vehicle moves back one hex at a time.

Mobhack March 15th, 2023 11:43 AM

The slight delay is for the "XXX reversing.." message on the bottom message panel to be displayed.

I have now removed the delay for that so the process shoud be a tad quicker (a second less basically) on the next release.

What Don is wanting to find out is if any of you have a really long delay - several seconds or more, or perhaps need to mash the 8 key again. It seems to be something happening on his PC, but not on mine.

DRG March 15th, 2023 11:57 AM

On my machine I HAVE TO hold the 8 key down until the vehicle reverses. I cannot just press then wait a second or so and it reverses

zovs66 March 15th, 2023 12:52 PM

Interesting, now pressing 8 just does not work at all. Holding it or pressing '8' key. Nothing happens anymore ...

zovs66 March 15th, 2023 01:01 PM

I just tried it on both v15 and v14 and no go, can no longer use the 8 key to reverse. Pressing it once or holding it down does nothing anynore.

DRG March 15th, 2023 03:11 PM

WONDERFUL................ anyone else ??

Just curious which 8 key do you use.. the top row of the keyboard or the keypad ?

How long did you hold it down for ?? I have found sometimes second or two works but I have also seen it take 10+ seconds before it decided I was serious about this and reversed

DRG March 15th, 2023 03:46 PM

I just had a similar experience with a tank.... I held the key down for 15 seconds and nothing..... I tried another tank and got reverse in a couple of seconds.. BOTH tanks had not moved so it was not because I did not have movement points

weird. Obviously, this "needs to be fixed" but Andy just presses the key and after a slight delay it reverses....... he cannot debug something that works perfectly for him

....and I just tried another tanks and after three quick presses it reversed........... (grumble)

Just tried another and it took 12 seconds of holding the key down before it reversed

It's "nice to know" I'm not the only one but... NOT REALLY

zovs66 March 15th, 2023 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRG (Post 854016)
WONDERFUL................ anyone else ??

Just curious which 8 key do you use.. the top row of the keyboard or the keypad ?

How long did you hold it down for ?? I have found sometimes second or two works but I have also seen it take 10+ seconds before it decided I was serious about this and reversed

Yes the top row of the key board. I held it do the tank reversed (or I saw the message ... reversing), guess it was 2-4 seconds ?